Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
What we need is an "EPK", or "electronic press kit": typically a ~15 min infomercial-style video made by an artist's promoter and sent out to the media. Ideally a job for someplace like Sony with original footage, but if they won't do it maybe we can. It would entail more than your average fan vid though, like narration explaining the "Alizée story", etc.
This is a great idea. I'm not so much about the video editing, but I'd be interested in writing and/or narrating for it, if this was a project we decided to take on.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

i kinda did that on youtube but this idea is cool not as long

Last edited by AlizéeDuSiècle; 06-29-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM

exile is on a distinguished road

Last edited by exile; 07-01-2009 at 03:18 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Dave,
Great video and work you did!
Stephen
Old 06-30-2009, 07:21 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
yes if we could promeote her the correct way in America she could also become a new phenomenon.
the right promotion in the USA requires new material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
I mean come on she has conquered Europe, Asia, Latin America, she only needs the United States. We can do it!
let;s be completely honest here
Europe- she was quite popular there at one time, but now not so
Asia-never was that big a bit of a following in Japan
Latin America- a significant following in Mexico and even there it isn't as big as people think it is

so in conclusion she needs work everywhere at the moment

my .02

Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
the right promotion in the USA requires new material

let;s be completely honest here
Europe- she was quite popular there at one time, but now not so
Asia-never was that big a bit of a following in Japan
Latin America- a significant following in Mexico and even there it isn't as big as people think it is

so in conclusion she needs work everywhere at the moment

my .02
I think you kind of missed the drift of this thread. You're right that to get radio stations to play her music might require some new material, especially considering the songs that had the most success are over 5 years old,but what I was suggesting was to get someone to do a program on the story of Alizée, which is a very good story imo, a very interesting story and an on-going story. A story about a woman who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. A story that is at a very exciting and crucial point. How well will this new album do? Will it be her downfall or will it be a re-birth of her popularity in Europe?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-30-2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

For me the answer to her becoming popular here is quite simple, and english language album. I've seen it many times, Utada Hikaru and BoA, both of whom sang in japanese and korean, have been making a splash stateside since their english albums.

Most people are too closed minded to appreciate music not in english. Domestic reissues of her existing albums would really help as well. As long as neither of these happen i don't see much of a change.

Last edited by puffyrock2; 06-30-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Most people are too closed minded to appreciate music not in english.
Sounds like my brother
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM

Alizee Nation is on a distinguished road

Interesting subject, where do I start?

I really like the idea of the...shall we say...unauthorized biography. From Corsica to the coloring contest to...well you get the idea. I like it a lot. I believe the shorter the better because the lack of attention spans but realize that everyone of us would want to just load it up because we all find her so interesting. I do think that would be awesome but would like to see it accompanied by a 'trailer', a 30 to 60 second spot designed as a hook for the biography.

Promoting Alizee. This is a tough nut to crack from many perspectives. I have found that just because Alizee is my favorite does not mean that she will be everyone's favorite. As incredulous as this may sound to you now, it is true. You may love a certain car, you think everyone will just love it too, but... Not a reason to not try but just keep that in mind. I started the blog for a lot of reasons, that's a story for another day, but the feedback of information regarding this subject has made me rethink the whole if you build it they will come phenomena business.

There was a thread on here that I think hit home...we are a cult. That is not that far off. There are deadheads and Alizeeheads. Taking that to the next level is a whole new challenge.

Our friend DisqueDrop ran an interesting social experiment in an attempt to hand out free CD's. Just not as easy as it seems.

Then there is Alizee. What does she want to do? No matter what we may all think that she wants we really do not know. I just posted a Motley Fool article in which Alizee is mentioned as a millionaire. I had to sleep on that myself. I know how successful things have been and that she made a lot of money, but to see it in "print" on a financial site, it really made me think. She is just over 7 weeks away from her 25th birthday, a quarter century, married 5 1/2 years, has a 4 year old, has mentioned she wants another child. She is living the European Dream. A new phenomena in its own, surpassing the American Dream. What does Alizee want to do at this point in time? Is America on her 'to do' list? Is it a balance between her career and family? Can we make her a phenom without her help?

Here is something I might take as a hint: from wikipedia
"Following the success of Alizée En Concert and Psychédélices in Mexico, Alizée's former music label, Universal Music released a compilation album, titled "Tout Alizée". The compilation, which is a Mexico-only release"
And even Alizee's official youtube I can not view the featured video due to location restrictions.
No releases in North America?
Yet her web pages and twitters are in English...clearly communicating to North America, I think... geez I'm just not sure. I guess it boils down to a more basic problem for me, woman, I can't read them no matter where they are from. or should it be

I would like to know more about how things are officially "released". What does it mean? I know someone can help me on that and then throw in what is officially released in America.

At this point I feel there would need to be some type of "Perfect Storm" recipe for success on an 'American phenom' level. The biography idea is a great place to start. Emphasize her uniqueness. For example Alizee's unusual absences make her a more interesting person. Flip a perceived negative to a fascinating positive - it is for me! She has me hooked.

Just some rambling thoughts.
Lefty and Ruro go easy on me
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee Nation View Post
Interesting subject, where do I start?

I really like the idea of the...shall we say...unauthorized biography. From Corsica to the coloring contest to...well you get the idea. I like it a lot. I believe the shorter the better because the lack of attention spans but realize that everyone of us would want to just load it up because we all find her so interesting. I do think that would be awesome but would like to see it accompanied by a 'trailer', a 30 to 60 second spot designed as a hook for the biography.
I like the biography idea too.

Quote:
Then there is Alizee. What does she want to do? No matter what we may all think that she wants we really do not know. I just posted a Motley Fool article in which Alizee is mentioned as a millionaire. I had to sleep on that myself. I know how successful things have been and that she made a lot of money, but to see it in "print" on a financial site, it really made me think. She is just over 7 weeks away from her 25th birthday, a quarter century, married 5 1/2 years, has a 4 year old, has mentioned she wants another child. She is living the European Dream. A new phenomena in its own, surpassing the American Dream. What does Alizee want to do at this point in time? Is America on her 'to do' list? Is it a balance between her career and family? Can we make her a phenom without her help?
I imagine the USA and Canada are not on Alizée’s “to do” list. More than likely Mexico wasn’t either. But Mexico laid the foundation for her and almost handed it to her on a silver platter. How could she resist that? The Mexican fans were even calling her house, if I remember right. I would go so far as to say Mexico helped to keep her career alive.

If Europe continues to not produce the sales needed for her to keep going, I suspect she will take advantage of other opportunities that present themselves in the future. If the USA and Canada can offer her something like the Mexicans did, she may very well accept it. If her new album sells big in Europe, there may be less incentive for her to go abroad.

Alizée may be a millionaire, but there is more to life than money and I would assume she would like to keep recording and performing. I think we all believe Alizée is mostly practical when it comes to money and though she may like to shop, I don’t think she leads a lavish lifestyle. Having said that, I believe she still will need to make money for the long haul to live the life she wants. So I believe she has the desire and the need to keep going, both financially and artistically. New territory may be needed, especially if things fall off a bit in Mexico and Europe doesn’t embrace her again.

Quote:
Here is something I might take as a hint: from wikipedia
"Following the success of Alizée En Concert and Psychédélices in Mexico, Alizée's former music label, Universal Music released a compilation album, titled "Tout Alizée". The compilation, which is a Mexico-only release"
And even Alizee's official youtube I can not view the featured video due to location restrictions.
No releases in North America?
Yet her web pages and twitters are in English...clearly communicating to North America, I think... geez I'm just not sure. I guess it boils down to a more basic problem for me, woman, I can't read them no matter where they are from. or should it be

I would like to know more about how things are officially "released". What does it mean? I know someone can help me on that and then throw in what is officially released in America.

At this point I feel there would need to be some type of "Perfect Storm" recipe for success on an 'American phenom' level. The biography idea is a great place to start. Emphasize her uniqueness. For example Alizee's unusual absences make her a more interesting person. Flip a perceived negative to a fascinating positive - it is for me! She has me hooked.
My guess is that she is using English because of its prevalence, and if it isn't your first language, it seems to be everyone's second language. It's probably the easiest way for her to address all international fans. I don't know to what extent it is addressed to those of us in the USA and Canada, but one would like to believe we are in her thoughts as well... As far as the video restrictions go, I found it interesting when she put videos on her myspace that were actually linked to fan's Youtube pages so they would show anywhere.

I would say that success is a matter of degree, not an “all or nothing” proposition. If she becomes only somewhat known in the USA and sells between 50,000 – 100,000 discs here, she might consider that a great success and well worth a visit. That may not be an impossible goal to achieve in a market of 300 million people.

I always keep in mind that Alizée’s record company has much to say about all this, and they want to make money and achieve their goals as well. They can also pull the plug on Alizée’s career if the money isn’t there or if she won’t cooperate. Her goals may not be the same as the record company’s, but she must keep them happy as well. So they may decide whether she comes to the North America or not. It’s a balancing act for her. I hope she can have success in all the places mentioned, and still have the life she wants and keep the record company happy.

And yes, she has me hooked too...