Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée America Logo/Symbol

I've had an idea for, what I think would be, an awesome logo/symbol for Alizée America and more specifically USA/French unity in Alizée. Maybe someone that has skill in graphics programs would be able to render it. Anyway, here's the description:

French and American flags (on poles) crossed at 90 degrees (each 45 degrees from level/vertical) superimposed on a stylized torch from the Statue of Liberty (height of the torch equal to the length of the flagpoles). The French flag on the left as you look at the logo (though there may be reason to reverse this order), and the white of the French flag charged with the Moorish head symbol of Corsica. Superimposed on the flame of the torch is a Psychédélices Alizée 'A.' Between the bottom ends of the flagpoles, is "Alizée America" in Alizée hand as the logo here on the site. Perhaps optional rays emanating from the 'A'/flame.

The use of the torch of the Statue of Liberty alludes to a former gift and symbol of unity between France and the USA. Superimposing the Alizée 'A' on the flame of the torch symbolizes Alizée as the source of light (in our world of fans). The rest of the symbolism should be pretty obvious.

Whatcha think?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

that sounds cool but extremely complex and detailed for a logo/symbol.

one of my friends who is studying marketing or something told me that the most successful and recognizable symbols are always the simplest ones.

Look at the nike swish.... it is a very, very simple form but anybody could recognize it instantly. Same with the McDonalds M, Target target, Apple apple, Ferrari horse, most car manufacturer's symbols, Chevron chevron....

Now if you would notice the pattern, nearly all successful logos clearly represent the company name... if you see a giant golden M, you know immediately it's McDonalds. If you see something with the American and French flags and such, it isn't quite clear.

Now, If I were you I would rethink the design to better reflect the clear name of this forum, which will then represent what we do. We are very fortunate to have the double A's in our name. This opens up so many more options. Just on first thought I thought of a double A design like /-||-\ but with either the Alizée A (like in your sig) or the Psych A.

Keep in mind your goal is to make a logo, not a heraldic crest.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Keep in mind your goal is to make a logo, not a heraldic crest.
Well actually, that's why I wrote Logo/Symbol... In fact I was trying to develop something more along the lines of a crest Or maybe even something along the lines of "colors" in the biker gang sense

Last edited by CFHollister; 08-06-2009 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Well actually, that's why I wrote Logo/Symbol... In fact I was trying to develop something more along the lines of a crest Or maybe even something along the lines of "colors" in the biker gang sense
I like ur idea, I think if we were able to make that we could market that on hte T-shirts idea or something in those lines.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I love the current logo. It is simple, but it looks very nice, white, red and black look nice as our colours.
CFH's idea is pretty good though, somebody do it!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:21 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

How about simply the old and new Alizée A?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 AM

I think some people might be slightly confused what I'm proposing here. I'm not proposing this really be a logo or anything actually used on the site in any "official" capacity. I just think it would: 1) just look cool and be a neat combination of symbols; and 2) might be something cool to put on the back of some shirts.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

This sounded like a pretty good idea in theory--I like the symbolism of it, especially the torch--so I've been playing around a bit with a mock-up in Photoshop to see what it would look like. In practice, though, I'm finding that it may actually be too many symbols, all competing with each other.

This is the closest I've gotten to something I kinda-sorta like, and even this I'm not altogether thrilled with:

Notice I left the 'A' off. It looked pretty terrible with it. Both the old-style and the new-style are asymmetrical, and I can't figure out what to do with it that doesn't throw the whole piece out of whack.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or tweaks you'd like to see, and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 08-07-2009 at 04:40 AM..
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post

hey, nice work and all.. but looking at that, i don't get any "Alizee vibes" if that makes sense.. doesn't look like anything id related to Alizee, the only that could is obviously her signature.

i just think we need to focus more on something Alizee did that links everything together.. though, i can't think of anything at the moment.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hey, nice work and all.. but looking at that, i don't get any "Alizee vibes" if that makes sense.. doesn't look like anything id related to Alizee, the only that could is obviously her signature.
True, which is why I wasn't thrilled with it.

Take 2, this time incorporating the new 'A' and playing with the torch and the flame a bit. I think this is probably closer to what CFHollister was aiming for:

Better, I think, but still not quite "there" yet.