Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-30-2014, 01:23 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Well eleven long days and my Blonde Cd came in the mail today. That was a lot better than the July 4 -July 7th window that Amazon.Fr first quoted me on the delivery date. The heck with paying extra for faster shipping I'll wait three or four extra days and save a lot of money on shipping. BTW it came out of Dumfernline, Fife. UK.

Ray4AJ, like all Alizée's albums you need to listen for a week or so before making a decision on what you like and don't like on one of her Cd's. First day or so it was Blonde and Alcaline all the time. As the week went on Bi, Tweet, Charles Est Stone, Mylene Farmer started to sound a lot better to me. I can say that there is only one or two songs that I'm not fond of out of this whole Album.

And who says as the weeks go by that those songs will not grow on me.

Last edited by ALS; 06-30-2014 at 02:19 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Haha ALS, you're right about the shipping.... I only use express shipping for Alizée's new releases. In my case I won't listen to the album unless I bought it (and have it in my hands,) and I didn't want to wait an extra week. It was difficult enough waiting two days for me (Mine shipped from "Aéroport Lyon Saint-Exupéry" (LYS).)

And, yeah, I expect that in no time I'll like all the songs. It's already happened on the other five albums for me. In fact I'm almost there already on this one.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

So it's been a while...

I'm not such a fan of this album but it's more a personal dislike of the genre I think. I'm sure if you're into the dancey, clubby kind of music then you can find a lot to like in Blonde. Myself, I far preferred Une enfant and 5, both of which I have become even more fond of in the last couple of years. I'd even rank them above the Mylène stuff, which now seems a little juvenile in comparison. I guess I've grown up!

I really like Mon planeur on this album, it's perhaps the song that aligns closest with my music taste and what I like to hear Alizée sing. Alcaline is a good song but to be honest anything with blatant vocal effects that sound suspiciously like auto tune is a massive turn-off for me. Anyway, I do hope she does well on tour, it's a fairly known fact that for small-name musicians (to characterise Alizée so) the majority of their money is made on tour and album sales are a sideshow to tour revenue, provided she can fill a venue... the next test!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

She managed to get my attention again with album. Ever since I got it i've had it on repeat which hasnt happened in years with her music. I love the EDM influence which I've said for years her voice sounds great on. Alcaline is definitely my fav with Mon Planeur being the second. Alcaline reminds me of Tiesto feat. Tegan & Sara - Feel it in my bones.

---------------------------------------------------

Old 07-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Same thing happened to me too, Plaz. I've been listening to this album non-stop. I'm usually not into this kind of music, but I think they did a good job not making it TOO commercial. Yeah I'm not a fan of the auto-tune stuff but the music is just great so I don't even care.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
There are several good songs on this album, and a few very good ones. However, she HAS to get "Charles est stone" on the radio - preferably during the morning commute. Half of France will be ticketed for speeding.
Hehe I see what you mean.. it does have a certain je ne sais quoi.

I like it and have listened several times although L'amour Renfort and Tweet are the 2 songs I've been listening to the most. Well I especially like the upbeat vibe of those 2 songs aswell as the lyrics and message in them, but to go against the current I especially like Mon planeur too.. it's amazing.

Btw check out the 0:23 minute mark of L'amour Renfort.. the tune there is reminiscent to Rihanna's "We Found Love" here http://youtu.be/tg00YEETFzg?t=1m44s

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
My favorite is probably K-O, I wish it were longer!
Yeah I like this song aswell and have been listening to it on repeat.. it's definetely one of my favourites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Overall, I don't think there are any "bad" songs. It's solid, I'm impressed.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 07-19-2014 at 06:52 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 02:27 PM

Morten_DK is on a distinguished road

I like alot

Alcaline it has yes autotune but as a synthesizer-man I love it
Blonde
L'amour renfort
Tweet
K.o.
Charles est stone
Plus de bye bye
I still missing to listen to the rest of the album
So I am really looking forward for the concert in Paris
Old 07-25-2014, 01:00 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A picture of how hwe album is doing.

Not as good as we hoped, but she is still on the chart.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

This album kicks ass and tears underwear!

No really, I remember being literally audio-raped by all sorts of party anthems that preach nothing else than spending moneyz, fucking bitches, ... but I had to listen to them anyway, since sometimes I enjoyed the musical part itself. Now when I have discovered Ce Qui Tue L'amour and L'amour Renfort, I don't have to feel guilty anymore for enjoying also such music.

As for the rest of the album, well it is not exactly classical music, but it gets the job done, it is incredibly enjoyable, somehow haunting (Seulement Pour Te Plaire), and oh my, it feels so Alizée-ish! I love it!

This is the second Alizée's album I've had the privilege to witness in real time, and I really do hope that she will continue.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 09-07-2014, 02:29 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Well, I think this is the right place to post this.

Since getting the album, I've had plenty of time to listen to it and really let it sink in. I never thought I would ever say this but, sad to say, the album is a disappointment to me. Unlike "5" and UEDS (in which I liked all the songs), this time- I only like 4:

1. Alcaline (favorite)
2. Plus de Bye-bye
3. Mon Planeur
4. K.O.

Maybe it's the whole Blonde thing. I never liked the theme, nor the whole idea of her coloring her hair blonde- just for the album. I don't get it. It's gimmicky, even seems phony- and she doesn't need to do that at all. Maybe it's the pop thing, which is not the kind of music I like, necessarily (I'm a Hard/Progressive Rock/ Headbanger kind of guy- lol) Maybe it's a generation/ age thing (doubt it). Maybe with more time, the rest of the songs will grow on me. Who knows.

With this album, I was hoping for a resurgence to the days of her earlier career, complete with an all-singing (ok, just a little bit of dancing) concert, or several- maybe even one here in the US of A, or even Mexico. Doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. A shame really; I really like her, and even though, I'm not crazy about "Blonde"- I remain a staunch fan of Alizée, my one and only French pop star (emphasis on "only" and "French")

I can't help but wonder why it is that her management team, or Sony, or both, can't seem to find the key to promoting her effectively. Or for that matter, why they can't seem to help her use more of that incredible vocal talent she has- to record more songs that are more in line with her natural ability. I guess I'll never understand.

I do hope she's at least happy- she seems to be.