Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-02-2019, 12:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as Alizee pursuing Graines du Stars, what was her goal? She wanted to try out for the show as a dancer. What was the best she could have hoped for if she won as a dancer? Maybe getting into a Paris production, probably alongside many other dancers. If she entered as a dancer and won, she would have had to make the decision, do I move to Paris for a low paying job as a dancer, hoping for some big break or do I stay in Ajaccio where there is so much she loves? I think if she entered as a dancer and won, she would have chosen to stay in Ajaccio.

But she was entered as a singer, which was a shock to her, but then the bigger shock was she did so well. Any young person in that position I'm sure would have done their best to pursue it further. You have to remember too that she lived in Ajaccio. Ajaccio while a beautiful place is not Paris. There is not a whole lot going on there. Entering a show like Graines du Stars is probably one of the most exciting things a young girl can do there and the fact she and her friend entered it should be no surprise. She wasn't trying to be a gold digger, she was just pursuing every young girl's fantasy. You can't fault her for that.

As far as Madonna, I have a tremendous amount of respect for her talents, her abilities, her success. I love many of her songs. Even though Mylene Farmer is incredibly talented too, I'm not sure if she's at the same level as Madonna and I have to suspect not.

But look at what happened with Mylene Farmer as far as Alizee. Mylene is human enough to realize she is not young enough to play some of the roles for the music she wanted to produce, so she looked for a younger singer and found Alizee while with Madonna, it's all about herself. Though MF has probably had some procedures done, how many procedures do you think Madonna has had done to keep her young-looking? It's probably off the charts.

As far as her family life, look at what happened during Dals. Brahim Zaibat was the main competition for Alizee. Brahim was described at the time as Madonna's boy toy. He was 29 years younger than Madonna and after the Dals season 4 competition, Madonna cut him loose. A shallow relationship?

When you have that type of money and success, any relationship you get into with a younger guy I'm sure will be shallow. If the money disappeared, the relationship would end. Shallow Brahim, shallow Madonna.

Her latest boy-toy is 28 years younger than her and someone is trying to compare her with Alizée? Maybe we should take a poll of how long this relationship will last.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-02-2019 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Making money doesn't always mean doing a bad thing. Some people read such books end enjoy it.
You are putting words in my mouth. I never said making money was a bad thing.

Quote:
I don't know what you mean. Madonna's current Madame X Tour consists of 92 scheduled shows. For comparison, the total number of concerts held at Alizée's En Concert Tour was 42.
Her venues are now theaters. I checked Ticketmaster. There are still plenty of seats available for tonight's show.

Maybe she will do better in Europe.

Quote:
She has 6 children, including 2 her own. I think she will have nothing to regret.
Reproducing and/or adopting and being a parent are two different things. Parenting is probably the hardest job in the world. Buying them things is no replacement for spending plenty of time with them. The legacy that Madonna leaves the world might be much different than the legacy she leaves behind to her children and others she knows on a personal basis. Maybe you haven't seen "Mommy Dearest"?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If the only thing she ever needed was a calm peaceful life in Ajaccio with a husband, a number of children, Galak and Jon Snow, then why she appeared on Graines de Star in 1999?
I think Alizee did it for fun--- it was a chance to compete on TV. I don't think she had ambitious plans to be an entertainer.

Edit:

Quote:
Why she continued to record new albums even after several unsuccessful attempts? Why she performed, including singing performances, up to 2018? Wouldn't it be easier to stay in Ajaccio in 1999, meet a nice local guy, marry him, have kids and live peacefully and happily? I'm sure thousands of people in Corsica live like that and don't even dream of fame and popularity. Generally, it doesn't take 20 years to achieve that.
I see it this way:

For the first 15 years of her life, Alizee was a small-town girl. From 15 to 19, she was a pop star; becoming a pop star wasn't planned-- it just happened.

After Alizee left Mylene at 19, I don't think she knew who she was--- this is why she kept releasing albums, and so on. From age 19 to around age 30, she didn't know what she wanted to do.

Around the time she turned 30, Alizee decided to focus on being a small-town girl.

Edit:

Silencio---

Alizee doesn't want to be a pop star anymore--- we can analyze the reasons why, but no one can change her.

You have two options: 1) accept Alizee for who she is or 2) abandon Alizee. Its either (1) or (2), because you can't change her.

At this point, I'm interested in doing various kinds of "fan art"--- I have some ideas. But I've given up hope that Alizee herself will ever do anything again. (Once the baby is 2 or so, Alizee will be available for small for-hire concerts such as the one last year in Warsaw--- but I think that's all she'll do.)

I've always wanted Alizee to be an actress-- but unlikely to ever happen. One of my ideas for "fan art" would be to deep-fake some movie clips. (Recently, I was looking at videos of Emma Watson--- she has a high forehead and certain other physical characteristics--- she might be suitable for deep-fakes of Alizee.) But I don't know how to do deep-fakes.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-02-2019 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I see it this way:

For the first 15 years of her life, Alizee was a small-town girl. From 15 to 19, she was a pop star; becoming a pop star wasn't planned-- it just happened.

After Alizee left Mylene at 19, I don't think she knew who she was--- this is why she kept releasing albums, and so on. From age 19 to around age 30, she didn't know what she wanted to do.

Around the time she turned 30, Alizee decided to focus on being a small-town girl.
Alizee gave us a teaser early last year, announcing a fashion show and concert in Mexico. Then another concert was added in Mexico. Her IG profile was updated to add "Singer". This obviously caused a lot of excitement for Alizee fans, but what did it mean?

Was it for extra money or was it for the love of performing and she missed it? Added to that was the concert in Warsaw and then in Kiev. Sure, it was just karaoke but it was something. By the videos of Warsaw, it looks like she had a blast performing that concert.

I will always have hope, even a glimmer of it, that Alizee would decide to put out an album in the future. But she needs MF. Not just for music but to manage her career. Alizee is not too good at that, sorry to say. Take the Mexico concerts, which she had to cancel. Why wouldn't she just ask the initial promoter to take on the other concert, even if it was in another city? But she hires another one and tells them to "work together on the logistics" such as work permits and security. Why wasn't she on top of that asking for status regularly? In the last hour she learned that the promoters were not communicating.

It was not a good business decision by Alizee. I think if Mexico went as scheduled and was a success, being superstitious as she is, she might have taken it as a sign that her singing career might get another life. Being that it failed, I think it deflated her quite a bit.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Take the Mexico concerts, which she had to cancel. Why wouldn't she just ask the initial promoter to take on the other concert, even if it was in another city? But she hires another one and tells them to "work together on the logistics" such as work permits and security.
Do you know why she had to cancel the first concert in Mexico and what happened to Secret Fashion Show?

Quote:
Added to that was the concert in Warsaw and then in Kiev.
See how Alizée loves our country ? She cancelled scheduled concerts in Mexico but added an unscheduled concert in Ukraine. If I'm not mistaken, it is the last known Alizée's performance to date. Unfortunately, it was a private show, so I couldn't attend the event. I hope she'll come back with a real concert.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Alizee gave us a teaser early last year, announcing a fashion show and concert in Mexico. Then another concert was added in Mexico. Her IG profile was updated to add "Singer". This obviously caused a lot of excitement for Alizee fans, but what did it mean?

Was it for extra money or was it for the love of performing and she missed it? Added to that was the concert in Warsaw and then in Kiev. Sure, it was just karaoke but it was something. By the videos of Warsaw, it looks like she had a blast performing that concert.
I'd say both the love of performing and the money.

In terms of the money, she and Greg were just starting the dance studio, and so they probably wanted some "emergency cash" in case of money problems.

Edit:

Quote:
I will always have hope, even a glimmer of it, that Alizee would decide to put out an album in the future. But she needs MF. Not just for music but to manage her career. Alizee is not too good at that, sorry to say.
But what would be the benefit for MF?? At 35, Alizee is not as marketable as she was when she was 19.

Edit:

Quote:
Take the Mexico concerts, which she had to cancel. Why wouldn't she just ask the initial promoter to take on the other concert, even if it was in another city? But she hires another one and tells them to "work together on the logistics" such as work permits and security. Why wasn't she on top of that asking for status regularly? In the last hour she learned that the promoters were not communicating.

It was not a good business decision by Alizee.
That "work together on the logistics" thing sounds like Alizee is hoping that problems will just take care of themselves. This is laziness and/or avoidance, rather than a lack of intellect. The failure to check on progress is also laziness/avoidance--- how difficult is a couple of phone calls per week?

Edit:

Quote:
I think if Mexico went as scheduled and was a success, being superstitious as she is, she might have taken it as a sign that her singing career might get another life. Being that it failed, I think it deflated her quite a bit.
I don't think she is really "superstitious." I think she just has anxiety and self-esteem issues. (The anxiety and self-esteem issues contribute to the avoidant behavior that I mentioned above.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-03-2019 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-03-2019, 02:33 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

But what would be the benefit for MF?? At 35, Alizee is not as marketable as she was when she was 19.
Yes, but now Alizée has much more experience and she has already worked with Mylene. She already know Alizée's strengths and weaknesses and might leverage the nostalgia factor. Anyway many people followed Alizée only because she was Mylene's disciple... It's not the best kind of fans but it is already something.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as the Mexico concert that was cancelled, I think the promoters in Mexico had enough money to make what looked to be a worthwhile offer for Alizee to go there, but when she looked into it more deeply, she realized they didn't have the money to take care of all the logistics to make it happen.

As far as Alizee's marketability, I think she's still a very beautiful women when she's packaged the right way and I think too often after she left MF, she hasn't been packaged the right way and no I don't mean she has to wear the Jeam dress.

I also think she still has a lot of charm, a lot of je ne sais quoi that is something you can't teach. In the right hands I feel she should could easily make it big again.

Attachment 2863

Of course the picture above was taken by RMJ and the video by Ske Leton.

What's in it for Mylene Farmer to work with Alizee again? It might make for a very interesting test, a challenge for Mylene. Alizee left MF and fell flat on her face. To make Alizee a star again would be quite a feather in Mylene's cap.

Here is one performance where she looked beautiful and I loved the moment at 7:24 where she apparently sees something unusual and starts looking back and forth, then lets out a big laugh.

I also love that quick moment at 7:45 where she is looking at Greg and suddenly turns away.

Those were two of her many looks that make her so enjoyable to watch when she's properly managed.

https://youtu.be/D-Quyeb4Ef4?t=417

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-09-2022 at 01:09 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Alizee's marketability, I think she's still a very beautiful women when she's packaged the right way and I think too often after she left MF, she hasn't been packaged the right way and no I don't mean she has to wear the Jeam dress.
Let's think of it in terms of "comps" ("comps" as in real estate)...

Can you name another French singer in her mid-30's-- either now or in the past-- who is popular in the way that you would like Alizee to be popular? And then, how could Alizee be packaged so as to emulate this singer?

(Does that make sense?)

Edit:

Quote:
I also think she still has a lot of charm, a lot of je ne sais quoi that is something you can't teach. In the right hands I feel she should could easily make it big again.
In America, that would definitely be true. I'm not so certain about France.

Edit:

Quote:
What's in it for Mylene Farmer to work with Alizee again? It might make for a very interesting test, a challenge for Mylene. Alizee left MF and fell flat on her face. To make Alizee a star again would be quite a feather in Mylene's cap.
From Mylene's perspective, its probably more trouble that its worth. (In America it would be worth it... in France, more trouble than its worth.)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Yes, but now Alizée has much more experience and she has already worked with Mylene. She already know Alizée's strengths and weaknesses and might leverage the nostalgia factor.
I don't think experience and nostalgia are enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Anyway many people followed Alizée only because she was Mylene's disciple... It's not the best kind of fans but it is already something.
Are you sure? I thought that most people followed Alizee because of Alizee and the music, rather than simply because she was Mylene's disciple.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-03-2019 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-03-2019, 07:16 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't think experience and nostalgia are enough.
Yep, that's why she needs someone like Mylene.

Quote:
Are you sure? I thought that most people followed Alizee because of Alizee and the music, rather than simply because she was Mylene's disciple.
I do think that most people followed Alizée because of her charm and music. It's only that I've read some comments that insulted her only because she left Mylene, as though she had betrayed her mentor. Anyway I think that just Mylene's name would give a huge boost to the sellings of any singer, at least in France.