Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
2007-12-10 - TV Grandes Chaines

Alizee "My album is family-style and artistic"

After four years of absence, Mylene Farmer's old student is back with Psychedelices, that she produced herself.

Does this album represent a new departure?

I have grown up. I don't regret what I did before and I will do my old songs again on the stage. But these new songs resemble me more. As producer, I dealt all the cards. I am more plain and direct. I am very proud of this album.

What did you do during this long break?

After having lived through four years of craziness, I decided to have a pause. I needed to lead a normal life. And then, I had a child. I am a satisfied mother, my girl comes before anything! If Psychedelices sells well, I will make sure to, above everything, preserve a peaceful family.

Why did you separate yourself from Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat?

I wanted to live my own experiences, free myself. Thanks to them, I was able to learn about the job and I was in a good school.

Jeremy Chatelain, your husband, is everywhere on this new album. Is this disc your second baby?

He shared my desires. He composed seven songs and participated in the direction. But it is still my album! I didn't get the impression that I was in a bubble with my husband. We worked together with the other artists. It is an artistic and family-style album.

Electro, hip-hop, pop,Psychedelices is eclectic!

I want the public to discover the different styles of music that I listen to. I collaborated with authors that I admire. Whether it be the rapper Oxmo Puccino, or Jean Fauque, the writer for Alain Bashung, it was me who knew to search them out! With my lolita label, it was quite a daring move. But to my great surprise, they accepted.

With his retake of Moi...Lolita, Julien Dore made quite a good advertisement for you, no?

His version is cool. I am simply stunned. Usually, we re-make old songs. Moi...Lolita has entered into music history. That's luck!

EMMANUELLE MAGNE
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:

2007-12-09 - Public

ALIZEE AND JEREMY CHATELAIN

STILL NOT VALIDATED IN FRANCE!

Those two would certainly not have let things linger around...In March 2003, Jeremy meets Alizee. Eight months later, on the 6th of November, the couple ties the knot in Las Vegas. Against all expectations, their union came out to be really serious two years after their marriage, the lolita giving birth to a little girl. Today they just need to validate their marriage in France.
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:

2007-12-09 - Gala
Clashing winds. ALIZEE stops the wind just short of Mylene Farmer's team. While doing the promotion for Psychedelices, the lolita certifies that she has stayed on good terms with her ex producer. In the latter's team, we still hear that the young Corsican was silent since her visit to the lawyers to cut the contract that bound them together. And that, despite the suggestion to work with other artists, notably Diams. Hair raising, did you say hair raising?
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
2007-12-11 - Le monde
online version: http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...-987858,0.html
Alizee and Lorie in the adult world

"Psychedelices" and "2LoreEnMoi", two albums with a pop-dance-electro ambiance

It could be called the Britney Spears Syndrome. Or how to evolve when one has started very early in singing from a public of pre- and young adolescents. Miss Spears, like the Australian Kylie Minogue before her, have firmed up their voices, showing leather or glamorous robes on stage and have put their flavour on the most fashionable music of the day. Today, it is Alizee (23, four albums) and Lorie (25, five albums) 's turn to enter into the adult world.

The label that adorns the case of 2LoreEnMoi? of Lorie shows things clearly: "New album, pop-dance-electro". And for Alizee, under the title Psychedelices, we see in purple letters (reference to LSD purple haze?) the announcement of "colloborations", with notably Bertrand Bergalat, Oxmo Puccino, or Daniel Darc, more often talked about by Les Inrockuptibles than by OK Magazine.

Lorie, in electrocution and Alizee in the smoky wisps of psychedelism. That is funny, in theory. But Lorie (who in concert changed her hairpin) hangs on with boomboxes and sythesizers of the same name as her CD. She confirms on "Kylie Minoguien" I am going quickly, Play, go forward more, with even a Madonna-like song with Pas un ange. The majority of the twelve songs were created by the following people: Fred Chateau (Obispo, Natasha St Pier...), Terry Ronald (Kylie Minogue) or Peer Alstrom (Janet Jackson, Madonna). In the duration of the album, some reliefs and contrasts are missing, but the whole thing is quite effective. The voice just needs to be more mature.

With Alizee, there is more diversity, even if the majority of the album is dance-pop. Which is exactly the case with the already successful and future standard Mademoiselle Juliette. We also hear memories of the original sponsorship of Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. Daniel Darc and Frederic Lo in Jamais Plus and Lonely List take the young girl towards more abstract environments, with a more sombre sound (Taxi Girl not far from the same) which match her very well.

As for the announced psyche, it happens mostly by the use of referenced terms - which speak mostly to the fourty-year-olds - like in the songs Fifty Sixty or Lily Town. Or in the final awesome song, L'Effet, with Bergalat as a multi-instrumentalist where Alizee expresses quite a bit of emotion.

SYLVAIN SICLIER
Old 02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

Quote:
2008-01-24 - DNA
Les Enfoires heat up the Zenith

Being the reliable people that they are, Les Enfoires took possession of Zenith Strasbourg-Europe yesterday for the first of seven sold out concerts.

Smiles all night, from both the public, which was wooed in advance, and from the artists present on stage.

This traditional tour allows us to see that Coluche's spirit is still very alive thanks to his Restaurants of the Heart. Always looking for formulas where the show happens as a unifying force of an enthousiastic public, the bunch of Enfoires concerts has gone above the level of a cocktail program that stars wait on. The show has found its calling, even its distinction, through a back-and-forth of help and support of the association, whose mission has never been more crucial.

For joy and emotion

Back to the stage. Memory of a time when even those younger than 20 must know about it, the group of Enfoires repeats several oldies of French pop with several digressions towards international pop or rock, the whole thing nevertheless taking the form o f a musical with sketches, jokes... that night, it was all about piercing the secrets of Les Enfoires.

A public that goes above all for that: to get swept away by the words and the notes, for the sincerity and professionalism, for the joy and the emotion. A true definition of popular song.

The ramparts of an imaginary Middle Ages city were used as the set, panels slided, trapdoors opened and closed.

The crowd hushes. The notes of City of Light grabs their attention. Small boats arrive on both sides of the stage. Their occupants are dressed and masked to go to the Carnival. Venice? Bale? Then, then leave their boats to finish the song and show themselves to the public, who already, recognized quite a few of them: there are Jean-Jacques Goldman, Francis Cabrel, Nolwenn Leroy, Pascal Obispo, Maxime le Forestier, Michele Larque, Mimie Mathy...

The sign of more than three hours of timeless hits, that the public salutes them with a big round of applause, and even mumbles the songs themselves. The voices are accompanied by a solid group for a show alternating between ambiances that are sometimes sealed, and sometimes lifted.

When Les Enfoires redo the Wampas and their Manu Chao, rearranged for the occasion, or Argent, trop cher by Telephone, we hear the voices better. We hear more than this success blunted by habit, by the familiarity of it.

Elsa, Marc Lavoine, Frederic Diefenthanl and Francis Cabrel sang without difficulty a gripping Toi, la télé et moi.

Because, following the example of repertoire used, most of Les Enfoires know that these songs have their lot of common themes. And that the public that it is targeted to is commonly bashful. Anyway, the canvasses of the Zenith are still shaking.

JOEL ISSELE
Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

a round of applause for Max_Jeuxeg_Emiens, who translated it to French for me first to make my life easier

Quote:
--Edit--
Ok, here is all of the pages of the article released in Mexican magazine called Gente.

Big thank to person who scanned them for me.

2008-02-03 (?) - Gente - Mexico

ALIZEE

At only 16, the girl that was born in Corsica, she conquered that hearts of those who saw her in 2000, in the show "Graines de Star". Three years afterwards, she married the singer Jeremy Chatelain and in 2005, she had her first daughter, Anny-Lee (Annily). Today, the sexy French girl realizes that motherhood propelled her back onto stage and makes her continue with her growing career.

Her name is an homage to the tradewinds that come towards the blue expanse of the Mediterranean from the Atlantic Ocean, music always being close to her life, taking her even closer to dance and afterwards placing her as one of the best singers in France. However, in 2005, Alizee (23) decided decided to take a break to become a mother to her first daughter: Anny-lee (2), whom she had with her husband Jeremy Chatelain (23), who also came from a music show : Star Academy 2. Motherhood and the anxiety of going back on stage brought the French lolita to think about the best way of doing a comeback. At the end of 2007 she came back with "Psychedelices", a disc that she defines as the one most like her and she would like to visit Mexico. But before that, Alizee was a funny tourist guide for the City of Lights, Paris, which is considered as the best place in the world to make purchases.

You have lived four years in Paris. How would you define this city?

It is big, maybe too big for me, who is used to living in a city of 60 000 in Corsica. For me, I like shopping and the best place is the capital of fashion but on the other hand, traffic is a nightmare! (Laughs).

What was leaving Corsica like, when you started your career?

When I recorded my first single I was 15, and my mother was always with me. I traveled and was situated in a hotel for three days to do promotions, and then I went back to Corsica. When I left at 18 I started to travel alone and I had to prepare my team every week, which is something that tired me, which is why I decided to move into Paris, its much better to go back to your own home after work.

What places do you like here?

The terrace of the "Cafe of the Trocadero Man"; there is a really beautiful view towards the Eiffel Tower.

In 2005 you became the mother of a beautiful young girl. How did it change your life?

It was something important in both my personal and professional life. Becoming a mother made me understand which things are really worth having, and motivated me even more to continue my work and to give the best to the public.

What do you do when you go to the "Tuileries Garden" and "The Concord"?

I love "The Tuileries Garden"! Its a beautiful place where you can go to walk with your family, exercise, bike, and eat cotton candy! In summer, I used to commonly go there with my daughter Annily, who liked it a lot too.

What is the dynamic like, of being a mother and going back to the stage?

I try to adapt my agenda. I am very happy to be able to combine my passion for singing with the experience of being a mother. I try to make the best of it.

You a success, but you have weaknesses like everybody. Today, what are your greatest fears?

I don't think I worry about anything, except illnesses, I think that would be the only that would prevent me from realizing my dreams.

And what is your biggest weakness?

Candy, I am the worst kind of candy eater. When I go into a candy store I always leave with an enormous bag, it should make me feel guilty! (Laughs) I prefer little gummies and specifically little bears covered in chocolate.

How was the process of making "Psychedelices"?

I started to think about what I wanted to do for my new album and bit by bit things came along, I asked myself whom I wanted to work with, who agreed and then we spent around about two years making the disc.

This album has influences from "The Cure" or "Bjork". How did you decide to go away from pop?

I wanted to do something that was not totally different, but that constituted an evolution and that sounded like the music that I like, like "The Cure","Matmos", "The Neptunes" and "The Killers".

Deep down, are you a rocker girl?

Yes, its true, in this album you will find rock and other sounds like electro and hip-hop. In Psychedelices I obtained composers from different worlds that pleased me. I tried to make the album the happiest possible, and for it to have a lot of imagination, even if there are references to "Alicia in the country of the best" and films of Tim Burton, that, in addition to being films that I like, influenced me a lot.

Is the road to becoming a star easier when that star comes from a TV show?

It depends. Effectively, its the chance to be on a program that will get your name out, but it is necessary to not stop working even for one moment, it is necessary to keep meeting people and to never let your guard down.

How did you find out that you were very famous in Mexico?

Six months ago, I was surfing the net and I understood that in Mexico I was very welcomed and that in addition, there were people who liked my music. So since then, I have received many messages from fans from over there. I felt pleasantly surprised, truthfully I am very anxious to go to Mexico and to make the most of the trip, so sometimes I went to several countries just to work and come back, it made me frustrated because I was not able to visit and get to know anything, but I hope that Mexico will be an exception.

What is the best part of this career?

I think that it was the first time I was on stage, in a great room in Paris, that is called the Olympia. It was like my crowning moment, I felt a lot of pride.

What dream or dreams have you not realized yet?

I think, to get to know Madonna one day. Why not? I could sing with her. (Laughs.)
Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Nice there garçoncanadien! thxs alot there man!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

This will take some hours to get through
Anyway thanks man.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Tical 808

Thanks for the translations
Old 02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

You're my hero, Garçon !