Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 04-20-2018, 01:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Tele 7 Jours magazine article from 2001

Another magazine article with images from Cors'Alizee and an English translation AIFC shared with me...

Alizée: The sweet return of Lolita

Her single Gourmandises follows the traces of her first big success, Lolita. During the back-to-school days, she's the only one we see on TV. The little marvel of French music received Télé 7 Jours in Corsica.

Her pretty smile has already attracted screenwriters: "I've refused movie roles to devote myself entirely to singing."

Her skin bronzed by the sun of her native island, the little Ajaccian was dreaming of vacation. A real one, as marvelous as the fairy tale that in one year has transformed the anonymous teenager into a star. Alas, Alizée has to intersperse the idleness with study sessions. Photo sessions, makeup and interviews follow each other at a frenetic pace. Already very professional. Since Graines de star and her meeting with Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat (authors of her songs), Alizée has posted an impressive list of honors. Revelation of the year at the 2000 M6 Awards, two NRJ Awards in January 2001, a nomination at the Victoires de la musique and the Vincent-Scotto prize awarded by SACEM. The new darling of adolescents is being promoted very well abroad too. After Russia, Germany, and the Netherlands, Canada and Japan are asking for her. Lots of TV shows in sight but no concert stage planned. "I don't feel ready, my repertoire isn't big enough to hold an entire show. But, patience, we're going to being work soon on a second album. The first one, Gourmandises, released last November, was a smash with 1 300 000 copies sold. Ten songs meticulously custom-made by Mylène Farmer. "She's a big artist for whom I always have the same gratitude and admiration, contrary to the rumors of dissention between us. I owe everything to her. I told her my life, my desires, she was inspired by it and, when I didn't like a certain word, she changed it. Each song is a little bit of my story. L'Alizé is in the image of my character: I always want to be right."
Gourmandises comes from her unmoderated love for red gummy bears. Mon maquis is the place where she feels the most comfortable: her romantic bedroom with a canopy bed. Veni, vidi, vidi tells of her entry into music. In Parler tout bas, she confides her dreams of love and friendship to her teddy bear. Since her first real kiss. "I was in 6th grade. I didn't have braces, so everything went well. What charms me most in a boy is his charm, his kindness, his sweetness, his faithfulness. I'm jealous and, so nothing gets past me, I dig through his pockets and check the latest numbers called on his cell phone." Last question: "Did your boyfriend give you a labrador?" The fiery response: "Ah! I didn't keep either of them. I have a new love, I had to take the first step, even though I'm shy. I charmed him by letting him talk about himself, men love that." A discovery as quick as the success of her first album.

teleseptjours01.jpg

teleseptjours04.jpg

teleseptjours02.jpg

teleseptjours03.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-20-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 03:51 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

I like the style and selection of photos of this interview. It creates a holiday mood that will make you want to visit Corsica.

Last edited by kulli; 04-22-2018 at 03:53 PM..