Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 05-02-2017, 08:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Dream Up magazine article from 2000

Here's another magazine article with translation by Backinblack that AIFC shared with me...

DREAM_UP_2000.jpg

"DREAM UP (2000)
ALIZEE "Talking about me makes me uncomfortable!"

Alizée Jocotey, her real name, has imposed herself as THE French discovery of the year. What's more, this "old" Graines de stars candidate has seen herself awarded a trophy from the M6 Awards, last November 17 in Lille. A young and promising talent...

Congratulations on your award at the M6 Awards...
A: Many thanks. This award is very flattering because it's the fruit of the public's votes. And I must admit I wasn't expecting it at all. When Tina Arena, whom I admire greatly, announced my name in the microphone, I was so moved and so happy that it was impossible to hold back tears. Braving my shyness in front of a crowd of a thousand people, I made sure to thank the public, my record label (Polydor), Olivier, a friend often present at my side, and of course Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, who have transformed a dream into reality. My trophy (the M6 Award) is enthroned from now on in the family room of our house in Ajaccio!

What's one thing about your profession that you like, and one thing that you hate?
A: Being of a rather coquettish nature, even if I can lie around in jeans and sneakers on the weekend, I now have the possibility of having access to showrooms of a variety of famous labels. During an entire afternoon, I rob all the shops in the capital city. And all that without sacrificing one cent of my allowance! I'm compelled to think right away of the interviews (laughs)...Talking about me makes me uncomfortable. But the success is there, and I have to comply with the journalists' requests. With time, I should gain self-confidence.

What imagine should we have of you: angel or demon?
A: I'm aware that there exists a huge gap between my true personality and the singer, sultry and sexy, from a video like Lolita. In real life I'm someone sensible and quiet, but onstage or in my music videos, I go all out. A little provocation doesn't offend me. I would define myself as a reasonable person, but deep down, I have a strong character. Like others, I have a double-faceted personality, between shyness and exhibitionism.

They say you're superstitious, is that true?
A: Yes indeed, I admit, I'm very superstitious...What's more, I'm never without my chain and pendant that were given to me by my dance teacher, when I was still a student at the academy in Ajaccio. I have also kept with me a subway ticket from New York, brought back from a trip to the U.S., some good luck bracelets, and a bunch of other more personal things...

Speaking of the U.S., would you be tempted with a career in America?
A: Oh, it's still way too early to think about that. I'm only 16 and my career has just begun... Nevertheless, I think that all artists have as their ultimate dream success in the U.S. The big names in music like Johnny (one of her idols) or Céline Dion have succeeded in imposing their talent on America. But it took time and ingenuity. One day maybe my turn will come...

Is there anything lacking in your happiness?
A: Even though right now I'm living a real fairy tale, I have a big regret: being away from my family and my close friends too often. From here on out, I spend a lot of my time in Paris, far from my native Corsica. The drinks at the café with friends, the shopping trips and the family dinners, that's all in the past! I dearly miss my little brother, Johann (10 years old), when I'm away from home. I've become his star, and all his friends (from the Ajaccio football club) hear him talk about Alizée all day long!

[Pink box]: When this interview was given, Alizée and her two mentors, Mylène and Laurent, were hurrying to put the finishing touches on the young singer's first album. Named "Gourmandises", the long-awaited jewel should land on record store shelves on November 28. A limited edition (digipack format) will also be available. In this exclusive, 2 titles from this album shrouded in mystery have been uncovered: Parler tout bas, a ballad, and J.B.G. (pronounced JayBeeGee), a lively and rhythmic piece."

Translated by Backinblack
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

and some here thought i was crazy saying her shopping sprees often cost her nothing . .
regardless and no offense mean to anyone - a very interesting read thanks scruffy !