Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Default AAm Gourmandises: Thunderdome LIVE Chat Party! Sunday May 3, 2009 1pm PST/4pm EST

Hello, Lilly Town People!

For the next chat party, we'll be switching gears a bit, again...

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

It's "Gourmandises: Thunderdome"!

Ten songs enter! One song leaves! ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE! Get ready to help select the best of the best from Alizée's first album, as all ten songs battle it out mano-a-mano in a round robin tournament, until one emerges victorious and is crowned KING OF THE RING!!

Will Alizée's heavyweight breakout hit 'Moi...Lolita' take home the prize? Will top-rated contender 'L'Alizé' manage an upset? Or will the under-rated dark horse 'A quoi rêve une jeune fille' come from behind to bring home the belt? Your votes will decide!

IT'S THE DEBUT ALBUM BRAWL TO END IT ALL! SUNDAY MAY 3RD! 1PM PACIFIC TIME, 4 PM EASTERN!
BE THERE!!

---

"But how do I join?" you ask? It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

The date and time are still tentative. I'm not married to them by any means. So if you'd like to request a change, speak up below! Whatever works for everybody works for me!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below. I promise I won't make fun of you...much.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Hahaha sounds good man.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:09 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

YESS! Man I'm glad. Today was an awesome show, and I'm more than happy to continue to participate in them just because they're an absolute blast to do.

Rounding up the best of the Alizee fanatics to battle out the best songs.

See you on May the 3rd guys!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

And maybe everyone should go verify that Ventrilo works for you since a little change was make to the server to allow the Mac guys to work. It still makes records for me, so I guess that means it works.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Not that I talk a lot in the ventrilo , but I can't make it on Sundays. Just wanted to make sure that you guys know the reason of my absence in the past chat parties.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
And maybe everyone should go verify that Ventrilo works for you since a little change was make to the server to allow the Mac guys to work. It still makes records for me, so I guess that means it works.
so... it means I can use it?? ( cause I'm on Mac..)
Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
so... it means I can use it?? ( cause I'm on Mac..)
u shouild be able to.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I can confirm that it works for the Mac now.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Cant wait.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Alright, having figured out some logistics here, I'd like to present some options to the group. As I see it, there's four different ways we can structure this.

1) "Round Robin"-Style

Every song faces every other song over the course of the chat party, with the panel voting for one or the other, and ties broken by the chatroom. Songs are assigned 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a loss. The song with the most points at the end is declared the winner. This method has the potential to be a little long and drawn-out--I've counted, and it will require a total of 45 match-ups--and the end might be a little anti-climatic. Statistically, though, it's also the most "fair". (I have to admit it kind of hurts my head to think about it, though. I was an English/Drama major, after all.)

2) "Playoff"-Style

We divide the 10 songs into 2 "conferences" of 5, then do a quick vote to determine the songs' ranking within their conference. The bottom songs from each conference are dropped, and the remaining eight are bracketed like so.

"East".............."West"
..> A..................B<.
.........> X vs Y <.......
..> C...................D<.

Again, ties go to the chatroom. This method only requires between nine and thirteen votes total (depending on how difficult it is to rank the individual songs within conferences), so it allows more room for discussion and debate, and is a little more climatic...but it's kind of bogus in the sense that every song doesn't get to face off against every other song. Also, for the purposes of the podcast, I'm concerned that we might blow through this too quickly.

3) "Survivor"-Style

Exactly how it sounds: in this method, instead of voting for a winner, in each round the panel is instead chosing a song to "vote off the island", until we come down to the final two. Then we vote for the winner. This method is by far the easiest to manage, is probably a little more "fair" than Playoff-style, and has the potential for some pretty heated and exciting debates...but again, it's hardly scientific, and we might blow through it too fast.

4) Some weird Frankenstien mashup of the above

We could easily mix and match elements of any of the three styles--say, divide the songs into conferences, then do a round-robin within each conference to decide the final match-up, for example--in order to draw things out or make it more interesting. Whatever you guys want.

Of course, if anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Let me know what you think, guys!

Tags
aam chat party, gourmandises, podcast, thunderdome