Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the censorship of topics in this forum?
I think no one should be able to use inappropriate language at all in any thread 1 7.14%
I think anyone should be able to say ANYTHING they want in any thread 1 7.14%
I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics in [MDO] labeled threads 14 100.00%
I think people should not be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics in any thread 0 0%
I think people should be able to mention and discuss anything sexually about Alizee and/or her family 0 0%
I do not think people should be able to mention and discuss anything sexually about Alizee and/or her family 4 28.57%
I do not care or have any opinion about this matter 0 0%
Other: Please specify below 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question Poll for Discussion Opinions

I know this doesn't belong in Alizee Discussion but it needs to co-exist with it's mother-thread linked here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6382

Hopefully you see this before you vote, and if you do, please notice you can vote for multiple choices...

Last edited by User22; 05-16-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Inappropriate language may be called for at certain times, dependent on the situation. To make sure that it only reaches the group that actually wants to reach it, you might want to do as the third option, and limit it to threads that are labeled so the user is ready for what might be in it. At the end of the day, there is no censor that can stop immature persons and people that might regret it later from reading it, but we can limit it so they know what they're getting into.

I do not think that it should be disallowed to discuss such things, because it's a big part of her early career, and to just turn our backs against it and act like it never happened seems a tad bit ignorant, if I may say so myself.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Aaron, thanks for creating the poll.

I would say that two important choices are not included; the first one is the one I would personally choose:

I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's work in any thread.

Also, as I said before, I really do not like the MDO label because it does seem to mean that we allow immature behaviour in other threads. I would put no label at all, but if people really insist, I suppose we could put a [Mature content] label in threads where mature topics in relations to Alizée’s work are discussed.

So, I would also have added:

I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's work in [Mature content] labelled threads.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Aaron, thanks for creating the poll.

I would say that two important choices are not included; the first one is the one I would personally choose:

I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's work in any thread.

Also, as I said before, I really do not like the MDO label because it does seem to mean that we allow immature behaviour in other threads. I would put no label at all, but if people really insist, I suppose we could put a [Mature content] label in threads where mature topics in relations to Alizée’s work are discussed.

So, I would also have added:

I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's work in [Mature content] labelled threads.

Yeah sorry I should have included the first one you mentioned.

But isn't the second one you suggested the same as "I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics in [MDO] labeled threads"?

And [MDO] labeled threads mean Mature Discussions Only about Mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics. And it is asked in those threads that people discuss those topics in a polite and respectful manner. But that doesn't mean that non-[MDO] threads are all about immature behavior and immature topics
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I think as long as it is just not reckless and excessive I think Mature Content should be ok

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Speaking only for myself, I think if someone is going to start a thread that is a mature topic, it might be a good idea to warn people at the beginning.

Having said that, if any thread, through the natural progression of the discussion, moves towards more mature subject matter, then it should be allowed to do so as long as it stays relatively on-topic.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

We have all watched threads go out of control before. Therefore, some rules are a good idea. It doesn't mean they won't be ignored occasionally until the topic is brought back on track, but at least a general guideline will tend to promote threads that adults would enjoy participating in.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah sorry I should have included the first one you mentioned.

But isn't the second one you suggested the same as "I think people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics in [MDO] labeled threads"?

And [MDO] labeled threads mean Mature Discussions Only about Mature topics about Alizee's song lyrics. And it is asked in those threads that people discuss those topics in a polite and respectful manner. But that doesn't mean that non-[MDO] threads are all about immature behavior and immature topics
Aaron, what I have been trying to say for quite a while now is that a forum that asks members to be polite and respectful in some specific threads (here, the [MDO] threads) is implying that it is not specifically asked to be polite and respectful in the others threads. If you enter a library that has two sections and a big sign at the entrance of section A says “When you are in section A, you must remain quiet”. Don’t you think this gives the impression that it is not asked to be quiet in section B? Personally, if a label really has to be used, I would go for [Mature content] or something of the kind.

As for the poll itself, I think it is biased in too many ways. I really wish you would have asked members for ideas before putting this up. There is no way to select for some basic choices. For example, one cannot select for “people should be able to discuss mature topics about Alizée’s work in any thread” which is quite a straightforward one if you asked me. Also, there is an unnecessary limitation to “song lyrics” in some choices. On the whole, I think this poll forces anyone interested in discussing mature topics (but against allowing people to say ANYTHING they want) to pick the [MDO] thread... with only the song lyrics as a possible mature topics.

Aaron, I am afraid this sort of polling has to be very well constructed if anyone is to conclude anything valuable from the results.

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-16-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 PM

I know this thread is biased but I was trying to think of as many choices as possible. But I figured I'd allow people to specify other things by giving the "other" choice.

Oh how I hate how one cannot edit polls...I'm probably just going to ask MA to delete this thread so we can make a different and more unbiased poll. Thanks for the pointers Corsaire
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I know this thread is biased but I was trying to think of as many choices as possible. But I figured I'd allow people to specify other things by giving the "other" choice.

Oh how I hate how one cannot edit polls...I'm probably just going to ask MA to delete this thread so we can make a different and more unbiased poll. Thanks for the pointers Corsaire
Aaron, if you agree, just have the poll closed and leave the thread opened. We can discuss this and find a better way to poll people about this topic.

I will provide a list of choices as soon as possible and anyone interested can comment.

At the end, I am pretty sure people will still go with the [MDO], so your favourite solution is not dead yet.

Tags
alizee, content, discussion, poll, questions