Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is really fair. Alizée’s involvement with Mexico has helped to keep her career alive. We have received both low and high quality stuff from her Mexico experiences. The Mexican fans have been fantastic fans and shown nothing but high quality in their organization, promotion and support of Alizée. I have the utmost respect for them.

In regards to the Mexican DVD quality, one must realize that Universal, which is a multinational corporation, owns the rights to the En Concert material. They simply saw an opportunity to make some money on Alizée’s rise in popularity in Mexico, and offered a cheap product in that market. There’s no doubt in my mind that they had control over the quality of that particular release. I don't feel it's fair to blame Mexico for the poor quality.
I completely agree! The Mexican fans are some of the most passionate and greatest fans out there! The way they promoted Alizee in Mexico was just unbelievable - something that we failed to do here in America. They deserved our utmost respect. We can even argue that if not for them, Alizee would probably be in a much, much more difficult position than where she is right now.

Also, let's not forget that without them, we would not have seen Alizee performed at La Acadamia and all those wonderful videos and photos that our Mexican friends have always shared to us!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 PM

amelie_alizee is on a distinguished road
Default Alizeé en concert DVD - zone 2????

Hello,

I want an information about Alizée's DVD (en concert): it's imported from France, zone 2...or is there any version which is multinational(playing all zones)?

Thank you,

Cláudia
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelie_alizee View Post
Hello,
I want an information about Alizée's DVD (en concert): it's imported from France, zone 2...or is there any version which is multinational(playing all zones)?

Thank you,

Cláudia
If you have an x-box 360 or a laptop computer, then you will be able to play it. There is a Mexican edition that can be played in American DVD. however, to cut cost, the quality is not as good as the other versions. Also, some parts of the concert are missing.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
If you have an x-box 360 or a laptop computer, then you will be able to play it. There is a Mexican edition that can be played in American DVD. however, to cut cost, the quality is not as good as the other versions. Also, some parts of the concert are missing.
Hello,
Ty for your reply. I don't have xbox. I actually live in Brazil and my notebook is a Vaio Fseries(and it's Brazilian as well)...I found the DVD here but it's imported. I already tried to play an American DVD(zone1) and it was blocked.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM

MasterSprtn117 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,
Ty for your reply. I don't have xbox. I actually live in Brazil and my notebook is a Vaio Fseries(and it's Brazilian as well)...I found the DVD here but it's imported. I already tried to play an American DVD(zone1) and it was blocked.
I think there are different ways of getting it to play on a laptop.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSprtn117 View Post
I read your link on how to unlock DVD players, thanks a lot! I won't do that though, my notebook is my cutie and I am afraid of damaging it...I will try to see if the blu-ray version of the DVD is region "free". Cheers!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,
You can download software that will make the DVD appear region free so you can watch it. Slysoft AnyDVD has a trial version that's good for 3 weeks, but I'm sure there are other free ones too.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,

Cláudia
Hi Claudia! I love Brazil!
The version found for sale these days (on Amazon for example) is Region-Free, it will play anywhere in the world, as long as the device you are playing it on can handle the PAL video format. As already mentioned, any computer or XBOX can play it, along with PAL DVD players which are easily attained.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-09-2011, 03:07 PM

Hello people, ty for your replies! I am almost sure my notebook can play PAL video format(whatever that is!) because it's a Vaio with nVidia, windows7, corei5, blu-ray...as long as its region free...is it a good quality dvd (oficial dvd I mean)? thank you again!
Cláudia
Old 12-09-2011, 04:26 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Hello people, ty for your replies! I am almost sure my notebook can play PAL video format(whatever that is!) because it's a Vaio with nVidia, windows7, corei5, blu-ray...as long as its region free...is it a good quality dvd (oficial dvd I mean)? thank you again!
Cláudia
You're welcome! Just hook up your computer to your big screen tv. That's what I used to do until I got my x-box.

Tags
dvd, en concert, question