Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Why is that people criticize so much?
Expression of ones own desires and inadequacies usually .

Quote:
I have only been a fan for two years, but I dont understand such critism. Is she not suppose to do as she wants?
People always want what they want and see as best for others,
it's typical these day human nature to be inconsiderate in this way not thinking outside ones own box or side of the fence to consider the thoughts and feelings from all perspectives instead of one.

Quote:
Cant she make her own decisions??
Therein lies the beauty and some cant handle not being in control or see that beauty within people.You really just have to read and laugh about most of it , i'm sure she does^,.^~

Quote:
Does she have to stay with Mylene and Laurent? Can she not change her music style more than one. Does she have to whatever the media say and want? And lastly, shall we critisize her for not relishing that Lolita image of yester years.

Seems to me, she being a popstar opens her up to all kinds of Critizism. I vote to allow her to be herself, be a mom, and sing as she pleases. She is the most attractive woman on this planet, with the most beautiful voice ever in music.

Thanks,
MZ
Let her be her but also let others be themselves too,alot of the criticism is simplty immaturity.But that isn't all bad as it's a good way for them to learn about themselves and us of those natures . To be completely honest alot of the times i will write long replies and what i state could cut alot,usually trying to be humorous to wake em up but mostly i delete it and don't even bother to push submit.Again like i feel she does just laugh it off as it's all very speculative and mostly nonsense.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
To a lot of people in the past Tattoo's were a sign of lower class up bringing....

I'd say even after Tinkerbell she could have had any guy she wanted. Today, I'd bet she has lost at least fifty percent of the financially successful eligible guys out there. Being a single mom who's turning twenty eight in three months isn't making it any easier. These tattoo's are another barrier she is putting up for herself.

She is still very beautiful and talented and the tattoo's are becoming a major distraction. When you look at Alizée the tattoos becoming her dominate feature, not her good looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I was flipping through the TV stations just now, and stopped on a P!nk concert. Pink is still very popular today....
As already said by others, Alizée is not Pink. Alizée is presenting herself as a nice respectable girl (woman), not a hoodlum. I thought she had a long-term plan (she said she did), and I have expresed my concerns about the tattoos as I believe they do not fit well with that plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
...about what she wore... sneakers - in moscow not, and in mexico - I think she feel more comfortable in sneakers as in high heels...
I'm sorry. It's my fault. I told her to wear sneakers. She wasn't mobile enough in Moscow. She needed to move more. The sneakers helped.

Other shoe choices might have been good as well. Perhaps high heals for one or two numbers, and possibly boots for one outfit. However, overall, the sneakers were a move in the right direction.

Quote:
... Alizée is doing something very right. Look at the number of Facebook and Twitter followers she has acquired since her last album. What is happening on those two accounts does not happen under normal conditions. There is something that is occurring with her fan base that has no rhyme or reason as they say.
She hasn't done much to promote herself in the last few months yet the numbers continue to increase daily.

I am betting that Sony tipped her off to do this. And you are right; it is working for her.

Sony seems to be providing the guidance that she has lacked for several years. The direction of her album looks good. She seems to be building momentum in several areas. Overall (if she can just stay away from Tin-Tin's) she looks to be on an upward road for the first time in several years.

The next six months, although we will have to do a lot of waiting, do look like they will be fun overall.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Even when she retweeted something that made me want to throw up. I pulled my self together and realized that she is a French citizen and not an American. I looked at the tweet from her cultural point of view and understood where she was coming from.
I must have have missed something here. I thought I've followed her on twitter everyday. Could you tell me what she RT'd that made you almost throw up?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 AM
<<My cat watching Alizee

Alizee_is_Scottish! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If they are turned by the tatoos, and they so eaisly persuayed to leave her because of a new style and the tatoos, were they really fans to begin with? Thats the million dollar question. To me its like a sports team. When their great everyone likes them, when their down, only the true fans stay with them you weed out the "riff-raff".
Really- sports fans don't discuss what their team's faults are? Even if your country gets humped 5-1 by a bunch of rednecks that don't even know the game is called football, not soccer ()?

No, you discuss stuff like a change of manager, different styles and a different approach. Get in new support and change tactics. If you were winning before, maybe look back and see what went wrong and where.

Does it make you any less of a fan - of course not. Just sitting there as the goals roll in saying 'we're awsome' over and over just makes you look a bit mental.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My guy friends as well as the men I'm around everyday, would never ever consider a woman covered with that many tattoos. Of course these guys are pretty much over forty and not twenty or thirty somethings. If she ever decides to move on to another guy after Jeremy she is limiting the "quality" of the possibilities with every new tattoo.

I'd say even after Tinkerbell she could have had any guy she wanted. Today, I'd bet she has lost at least fifty percent of the financially successful eligible guys out there. Being a single mom who's turning twenty eight in three months isn't making it any easier. These tattoo's are another barrier she is putting up for herself.

She is still very beautiful and talented and the tattoo's are becoming a major distraction. When you look at Alizée the tattoos becoming her dominate feature, not her good looks.
There is quite a difference in generations in this area. To some of people now Tattoos are actually a bit of a turn on....I know I don't have a problem with them xD (and I find myself fairly successful.) Granted I'm not too big on her tattoos, but that is personal preference. It is that day in age where everyone and their mom have tattoos. I don't really think it takes away from ones natural beauty either so long as it's done with some class. As it is I'm sure I'll be getting more.

As far as why one would criticize, well I certainly hope people criticize my work. I have to put out my best product to be successful, and the same goes for artists. If I don't like something I'll damned well let them know.

Regards,

Jung

Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Jung, the point I wanted to make on this tattoo issue is, she is in the public eye not some accountant or computer programmer hiding in some back office. Alizée's public image is everything when it comes to her career. Adding tattoos to her arms they way she has is not something that promotes that wholesome good girl image she has had since she started in her music career.

Alizée's tattoo's are not becoming a problem ? Hummmm.

Then explain these pictures?

I have never seen a woman's top with a long sleeve on the right side and sleeveless on the left side.

Must be one of those clothing trends I missed ?

Last edited by ALS; 05-31-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Must be one of those clothing trends I missed ?
Must be.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I dont know bout you all, Alizee looks pretty sexy in those shorts and black top.....

Besides, I can no longer see Alizee wearing those sexy teenage outfits she had between 2000-2005, cause she is 27 years old now going on 28. She has a kid, and seems to relishing the mommy role. I envision her now to outfits like you see in the movie TITANIC, stuff that Rose would wear. High end dressy outfits. And perhaps those sexy shorts she loves to wear to relax in. To me, she longer has that Lolita image that we all saw back then, but she is still a very sexy, attractive woman. But times have changed. She is a Woman now, not a girl. Outfits change as we grow. She is a very classy lady, even with the tatoos.

Last edited by mzracing76; 05-31-2012 at 01:42 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with ALS. I'm sorry, but it's always annoyed me when fans try too hard to protect her. Criticism and judgment is a part of life that everyone experiences. You can't please everyone, and let's face it, Alizee doesn't have the huge fan base that she once did. She already lost a lot from disappearing, then completely changing her image, and now she's getting a bunch of UGLY tattoos which yes, will make her lose fans. You guys don't know her, so disliking her image is perfectly allowed. Some people will love it though, and she'll gain new fans. It's just how it works in the entertainment business.

I am a girl, though. Her body is pretty unimportant to me, so when I see those tattoos, I dislike them, but it just doesn't matter that much because I'm always fixated on her pretty face.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I must have have missed something here. I thought I've followed her on twitter everyday. Could you tell me what she RT'd that made you almost throw up?
I held my breath for two days after I saw the tweet, praying no one would post it here. It was one of those we just need to let sleeping dogs lie subjects that would be best not brought up for discussion on any of her fan boards.

There are too many very passionate members on these fan boards. The issue would have caused a heated discussion to the point that a lot of members would have been at each others throats. No way I want to see that here.

This is my happy place and I want it to stay that way.

Alizée's isn't wearing an off the shoulder type of garment like Kristen Stewart is.

The shirt Alizée's is wearing is sleeveless not off the shoulder.

Look at the pictures of Alizée again and compare them the the picture of Kristen Stewart's off the shoulder white dress you'll see what I mean.

Since I don't read the scandal sheets or fashion magazines I'm not up on the latest looks.

It is still kind of interesting how Alizée has all her tattoo's covered up for that photo shoot.

Last edited by ALS; 05-31-2012 at 03:08 PM..