Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

I believe there is a misunderstanding. Local as in "some guy who wants to get rid of his handgun and isn't going through a store to sell it". In those cases, you only have to be 18 to buy it (and have a FOID because of Communist Illinois). But if you want to purchase any handgun through a store or online that requires it to go through an FFL, you have to be 21.

I haven't seen any revolvers, but there is the Sig I might get. Assuming he doesn't sell it before I have enough.

Trust me, I've spent many an hour fuming at the laws.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
I also want to get a Saiga 12 shotgun!.... belt loaded would be bad ass!!

but that's illegal... I'll have to settle for the 20 round drums... before another massacre causes the nation to ban those too!
Belt fed is not illegal however there is no conversion to make the saiga belt fed, they simply put the belt of 12 gauge shells in the ejection port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
I'm deeply in love with my SMLE at the moment. Even if it isn't American made.

But I have to say, my real true love is an M1A with a walnut stock. Basically the civvie version of the M14.
The SMLE is a good rifle and one of the fastest bolt actions available. You may be surprised about its origin though, many enfields were made in the US and Canada during the war, and few were made in Britain at that time. I would check the markings to see where it is from

Quote:
Although I have been looking into .357's and .44 magnums... The problem is finding someone local that is selling one. I can't get one at a store or anywhere that requires an FFL because I'm not 21 yet.

Stupid laws...
Can't go wrong with the wheel guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Buying local means you have to pay local taxes which is like 10% ... no matter what state you are in. Which is why I like to purchase my guns online. Pretty much everyone I know buys their guns online, they even encourage it at the range. I don't think you have to be 21 though, just 18. And you can have the gun delivered to your local gun range which is an FFL so that takes care of that too!
If its transferred to an FFL you have to be 21 I believe that is on the federal level, if buying private age isn't such an issue in most states.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
The SMLE is a good rifle and one of the fastest bolt actions available. You may be surprised about its origin though, many enfields were made in the US and Canada during the war, and few were made in Britain at that time. I would check the markings to see where it is from
I did look into the markings.

From what I can gather, it was manufactured in 1944 at the ROF Maltby plant in England. But it was then taken to Fazakerly Arsenal in 1947 and refurbished.

I'm not 100% if that's right, but I'm fairly confident it is British made.

And I love the action on this thing. The one problem I have is it is so smooth, I shoot faster than I would like.

Quote:
Can't go wrong with the wheel guns.
Tell me about it. My friend just got a Uberti Cattleman .45 LC. That is one fine firearm right there. I'm pretty jealous.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:35 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Be careful of surplus .303 too, much of it used cordite powder and was poorly stored, so there are many case of hangfires. This is true of almost all of the surplus .303 in circulation. POF is one that is notorious of it.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I'm making a list of every gun Whitefeather wants, and I'm gonna go buy um, just to shoot um before he does.

I think I'm taking my Sig to the range in the next few days. Woohoo!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Be careful of surplus .303 too, much of it used cordite powder and was poorly stored, so there are many case of hangfires. This is true of almost all of the surplus .303 in circulation. POF is one that is notorious of it.

Regards,

Jung
Thanks for the heads up, but I actually haven't been able to get my hands on any. The only kind I've seen was Remington UMC in stores.

I actually started reloading it. And based on the accuracy I've seen from them, I am not going back.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I'm making a list of every gun Whitefeather wants, and I'm gonna go buy um, just to shoot um before he does.
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I made a list of guns I want to at some point acquire. It is going to take me a while...

(Note: this list will get longer throughout the years)
1. Mosin Nagant
2. M1 Carbine
3. M1 Garand
4. 1903A3 Springfield
5. AR-15
6. Winchester Model 70 .30-06
7. Ruger 10/22
8. MP5
9. M1A
10. PTR-91 (most recent addition)
11. SIG P226
12. 1911 (still undecided)
13. Colt SAA
14. Uberti 1858 New Army
15. S&W 629
16. Browning HiPower
17. .22 lr pistol (undecided)

Average guns per adult is about 4. I think I'll be a little over that...
Get cracking.

Oh and by the way, that list is longer now.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 07-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-29-2012, 02:49 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, but I actually haven't been able to get my hands on any. The only kind I've seen was Remington UMC in stores.

I actually started reloading it. And based on the accuracy I've seen from them, I am not going back.
I'd suggest neck sizing only on the lee enfield as they have rather large chambers combined with the rear locking bolt you get a lot of case stretch and if you full length size you will not get many loads out of the brass. I think I got some federal brass for .303 brit laying around somewhere if you'd like it. You would want to full length size any brass fired from another gun naturally though.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-29-2012, 02:51 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I've fired a few of those. The Mosin was something special. The sound alone, shook the room. The muzzle flash was gorgeous. Big, bright, pretty much spit fire out after the round. It had a nice kick to it as well. Wasn't to bad to the point where it knocked you far off target at all. Felt great too. The bolt action on the one I fired was a bit tricky. Not the most responsive thing in the world, but that could have just been the one I fired.

I want a Garand sooooo bad. Never fired one.

And the Sig I own, wether you believe me or not.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I'd suggest neck sizing only on the lee enfield as they have rather large chambers combined with the rear locking bolt you get a lot of case stretch and if you full length size you will not get many loads out of the brass. I think I got some federal brass for .303 brit laying around somewhere if you'd like it. You would want to full length size any brass fired from another gun naturally though.

Regards,

Jung
I didn't even consider that. I'll look into getting one of those, hopefully sooner rather than later.

As for the brass, you can never have too much of it. That'd be great if you're not using it.

And by having it, I assume you have/had a .303. What rifle?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
And the Sig I own, wether you believe me or not.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 07-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

Quote:
And by having it, I assume you have/had a .303. What rifle?
I had a lee enfield that had been sporterized prior to my ownership, I could never get it to group under 5" at 100 yards. So I sold it at a small profit.

Regards,

Jung