Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default Yelle on Revision3, I wish Alizée would do things like this

It would be so great if Alizée did things like this ...

http://revision3.com/xlr8rtv/yelle/

Revison3 is hardly mainstream, but there is a huge you following. All she would have to do is smile a few times in front of the camera... instant fans and album sales.

I am 100% sure she could get on web networks like this without any effort if she wanted to. I would love to see her do stuff like that ...

It just sucks seeing Yelle do a lot of right things when Alizée has so much more potential, and doesn't seem to care to capitalize on it for whatever reason....
Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

I was at that halloween performance , and I saw those pumpkins LIVE... and of course Yelle

But I see what you mean brad, The only thing is, is that Lili, as far as I know can't yet connect with an american audience by speaking directly in english. Yelle does fine in that, and I think that has helped them, even a little. But I'm not saying Lili couldn't do it anyways. French would be fine for me

Last edited by Amigo!; 11-25-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

thats what i'm saying. she doesnt need to speak english, it would make her all the more appealing if you ask me. hell dont even provide a translation.

just her in front of the camera would be more than enough to peak some interest.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Revison3 is hardly mainstream, but there is a huge you following. All she would have to do is smile a few times in front of the camera... instant fans and album sales.

I am 100% sure she could get on web networks like this without any effort if she wanted to. I would love to see her do stuff like that ...

It just sucks seeing Yelle do a lot of right things when Alizée has so much more potential, and doesn't seem to care to capitalize on it for whatever reason....
I know exactly what you mean. I try to keep Yelle and Alizée as artists separate in my mind, but I can't help but feel...I don't know...jealous of Yelle's success in America sometimes. Naturally, I'm happy for her and what she's doing for French music, but I don't think I'll ever rid myself of the feeling that Alizée was supposed to be the flag-bearer, the one to bring french music to the states. She had, has, it all - the looks, the talent, and the charisma - to make it in this market. It's all about the effort and desire, which unfortunately, she never seemed to show in this particular pursuit . And what makes it even worse is how easy it would be for her; when you have a gazillion-watt smile and eyes like that, fans aren't hard to make.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
thats what i'm saying. she doesnt need to speak english, it would make her all the more appealing if you ask me. hell dont even provide a translation.

just her in front of the camera would be more than enough to peak some interest.
Definitely, some TV exposure would go a very long way. I just wish we knew more about her intentions, as far as her career goes in singing. It's been talked about a lot on all the forums. Yelle is opening the door for french artists, and I hope Alizée has noticed this. Because if she wants to do something, even something small here in the US, now is the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
when you have a gazillion-watt smile and eyes like that, fans aren't hard to make.
And don't forget that sweet voice

Last edited by Amigo!; 11-26-2008 at 12:00 AM..
Old 11-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Alizée isn't even doing these type of things in France, though, if they exist. I definitely appreciate Yelle's efforts here and abroad, it's cool to see them paying off. If only I liked the music more, I'd be a huge fan. I guess there is truth that it all comes down to that, and that there's no accounting for taste!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:10 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

well Yelle is busy lady in all that she has done stateside and I am glad for it cause I wouldn't be a fan of her now and wouldn't know some of the people I know now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I guess there is truth that it all comes down to that, and that there's no accounting for taste!
well......lets just say I liked very little pop until Alizée and even less Electro until I found out about Yelle
and I have become a fan of both in the matter of days

Old 11-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

^-^ What Jung said!

I really, really REALLY wish you guys would quit getting me into these weird, French Pop singers...

You have NO idea how much Redneck / Rock&Roll Cred i've been loosing lately...

As for Brads original post, no argument, "she" could be doing lots more... and I wish she was.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 11-26-2008 at 09:04 AM..
Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Brad's original post too. I admit to also feeling a bit jealous of Yelle. It’s like I feel Alizée should have been the first to do this.

Alizée came out of the gate full bore when Psychédélices first came out, but it seems since then she has been holding back.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:31 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Yelle is a busy body

see what else she just came out with

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zwdRtRs_mVU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zwdRtRs_mVU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

an official remix there

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 11-27-2008 at 12:34 AM..