Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Criticism of Alizee

Why is that people criticize so much? I have only been a fan for two years, but I dont understand such critism. Is she not suppose to do as she wants? Cant she make her own decisions? Does she have to stay with Mylene and Laurent? Can she not change her music style more than one. Does she have to whatever the media say and want? And lastly, shall we critisize her for not relishing that Lolita image of yester years.

Seems to me, she being a popstar opens her up to all kinds of Critizism. I vote to allow her to be herself, be a mom, and sing as she pleases. She is the most attractive woman on this planet, with the most beautiful voice ever in music.

Thanks,
MZ
Old 05-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I'm fed up with your complaints
Baby, well I'm not a saint!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

I think its part nature of the beast. Everyone loves to armchair quaterback. And since 99% of us never met her in person, or know her personally at all, its clear that we just have a very diffused projection of who she really is. That still dosen't lessen the love we have for the public persona that is Alizee.

I thought one of the early teen magazine profiles of her teen years painted a clear picture of her. She's a mess... A wonderful mess. Unorganized, prone to impulsive and mischief behavior, riggedly stubborn, huge hearted, grounded by a close family and a core set of values, she's a giver who seems to be wrapped in a blanket of optimism thats only reigned in by her reserved superstitions. This unique cocktail of a persona shaped a public star that was both unique and intoxicating.

But it was an incomplete portrait of her because she was so young. Fact is most peeps psycological AND physiological make-up isn't set in stone until their late 20's! So Alizee, and who she is, is a moving target. So who she is now can be signicantly different than who she was at 18 simply from biology. Add to that a child and an early marriage, a lot could change.

My two cents is that the optimism and ideals she had as a married woman were unsustainable in a marriage. She's learning. Imho this last year was her lettin her hair down. The tattoos im not a fan of because the add noise to an otherwise wonderfull package. Plus the abudancy of tattos I see these days tell an old story of trends and minor epcochs of peoples lives. While the ink may be permanent, the intent is usually not.

And i can say all this because I'm an asshole, nothing more, armchair quaterbacking the events in someone's life who I don't even know!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

I don't recall who said this, but it sums up pretty well what I believe.

Quote:
I love America more than any other country in this world; and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.
Just replace "America" with "Alizée". (or Alizée America if you so choose )

However, this does not mean I agree with all criticisms of her. And this does not mean I don't think that it does get out of hand at some times... *coughtattooscough* But I do believe people should be able to openly criticize her, even if some people do go a little overboard... *coughonceagaintattooscough*
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
I'm fed up with your complaints
Baby, well I'm not a saint!

I feel like it's fair to criticize Alizee from a strictly career-centric standpoint. What we need to remember, though, is that the past is the past, and there's no point in getting upset over what she could have done differently. Especially at this point in her career, when it appears that her heyday has come and gone.

When it comes to criticism of her personal life, it's really nobody's business but her own, although it's okay to have an opinion.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I think its part nature of the beast. Everyone loves to armchair quaterback. And since 99% of us never met her in person, or know her personally at all, its clear that we just have a very diffused projection of who she really is. That still dosen't lessen the love we have for the public persona that is Alizee.

I thought one of the early teen magazine profiles of her teen years painted a clear picture of her. She's a mess... A wonderful mess. Unorganized, prone to impulsive and mischief behavior, riggedly stubborn, huge hearted, grounded by a close family and a core set of values, she's a giver who seems to be wrapped in a blanket of optimism thats only reigned in by her reserved superstitions. This unique cocktail of a persona shaped a public star that was both unique and intoxicating.

But it was an incomplete portrait of her because she was so young. Fact is most peeps psycological AND physiological make-up isn't set in stone until their late 20's! So Alizee, and who she is, is a moving target. So who she is now can be signicantly different than who she was at 18 simply from biology. Add to that a child and an early marriage, a lot could change.

My two cents is that the optimism and ideals she had as a married woman were unsustainable in a marriage. She's learning. Imho this last year was her lettin her hair down. The tattoos im not a fan of because the add noise to an otherwise wonderfull package. Plus the abudancy of tattos I see these days tell an old story of trends and minor epcochs of peoples lives. While the ink may be permanent, the intent is usually not.

And i can say all this because I'm an asshole, nothing more, armchair quaterbacking the events in someone's life who I don't even know!
I agree with all of this. Also, I'd be interested to read the magazine profile you referenced. Is it on the internet?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 05-29-2012 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Century old child!

Yup, its in here as a collection of questions they askes her during the interviews of her first two albums. Think of magazines like seventeer and the like
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Why is that people criticize so much? I have only been a fan for two years, but I dont understand such critism. Is she not suppose to do as she wants? Cant she make her own decisions? Does she have to stay with Mylene and Laurent? Can she not change her music style more than one. Does she have to whatever the media say and want? And lastly, shall we critisize her for not relishing that Lolita image of yester years.

Seems to me, she being a popstar opens her up to all kinds of Critizism. I vote to allow her to be herself, be a mom, and sing as she pleases. She is the most attractive woman on this planet, with the most beautiful voice ever in music.

Thanks,
MZ

When I first clicked on this thread I could have sworn that your post was going to say... Leave Alizée Alone!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post

Thanks,
MZ
When it all comes down to it, people try to criticize her in hope that she can return to what she once was. We all fell in love with her older image cause she was virtually perfect in our eyes. And since many of us have spent countless hours and real money on promoting her and buying her products, we feel that we should be taken very seriously by her when criticizing her in hope she will be a Lolita tomorrow morning.

I'll use ScruffyDog as an example:

He found her online like all of us. He liked her a ton like all of us. He was in a good financial situation and had more time to do what he wanted to without being held down (except for work) so he traveled in his free time. He decided to help us members out by using his good financial and free-time standing to travel to France to get us autographed CDs. He also felt in his heart that people around him should know of Alizée and what she can do to change people's lives forever so he invested his own time and REAL MONEY into buying air-time on Boston radio to get her name out during a span of nearly a week.

Now the time and money it takes in going to an autograph session for UEDS alone is more than enough to have him decide in is head that he strongly supports what she has done and is(was) doing.

He saw that she was making decisions of her own that he didn't necessarily agree with and felt that its best to no longer support her and felt that he should tell us he won't be supporting her because she is not the same person that he once loved and felt the world would love.

-------

I fully agree that if some people do not like where Alizée is going, then they should pack their bags and leave. Because staying here and seeing where she is going will only make them more prone to criticizing her, slapping themselves as to why they spent their own time and money on her in the first place, and overall hating their whole Alizée experience.

It's like saying, "Why spend my time and money in college when I see F's when I can save What I have left and start working back at home".

Those who are not liking where Alizée is going should pack up their shop now and ot damage their view of her.

I'd rather see members leave here happy and have a good outlook on their good years sharing time with members watching Alizée grow, than sitting around to watch her crumble and walk away from the whole experience as a grumpy bag of dust that is tired of complaining about all her "bad" decisions.

Why waste your time and mney on her if you see yourself not liking her based on the past two years? THAT, my friends, is what it all comes down too. I'm sorry it has to be put out so blunt.

Edit:

When it all comes down to it, people try to criticize her in hope that she can return to what she once was. We all fell in love with her older image cause she was virtually perfect in our eyes. And since many of us have spent countless hours and real money on promoting her and buying her products, we feel that we should be taken very seriously by her when criticizing her in hope she will be a Lolita tomorrow morning.

He found her online like all of us. He liked her a ton like all of us. He was in a good financial situation and had more time to do what he wanted to without being held down (except for work) so he traveled in his free time. He decided to help us members out by using his good financial and free-time standing to travel to France to get us autographed CDs. He also felt in his heart that people around him should know of Alizée and what she can do to change people's lives forever so he invested his own time and REAL MONEY into buying air-time on Boston radio to get her name out during a span of nearly a week.

Now the time and money it takes in going to an autograph session for UEDS alone is more than enough to have him decide in is head that he strongly supports what she has done and is(was) doing.

He saw that she was making decisions of her own that he didn't necessarily agree with and felt that its best to no longer support her and felt that he should tell us he won't be supporting her because she is not the same person that he once loved and felt the world would love.

I do not intend for this to be against what ScruffyDog has said, but instead I fully support his decision to say that he will not be supporting her in any way. I do not want him to spend more time and money on her when she is obviously not following what we saw back in 2000.
-------

I fully agree that if some people do not like where Alizée is going, then they should pack their bags and leave. Because staying here and seeing where she is going will only make them more prone to criticizing her, slapping themselves as to why they spent their own time and money on her in the first place, and overall hating their whole Alizée experience.

It's like saying, "Why spend my time and money in college when I see F's when I can save What I have left and start working back at home".

Those who are not liking where Alizée is going should pack up their shop now and ot damage their view of her.

I'd rather see members leave here happy and have a good outlook on their good years sharing time with members watching Alizée grow, than sitting around to watch her crumble and walk away from the whole experience as a grumpy bag of dust that is tired of complaining about all her "bad" decisions.

Why waste your time and mney on her if you see yourself not liking her based on the past two years? THAT, my friends, is what it all comes down too. I'm sorry it has to be put out so blunt.

Last edited by User22; 05-30-2012 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 AM
Century old child!

..... But I like to bitch... So I'll stay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

-------

Edit:

I do not intend for this to be against what ScruffyDog has said, but instead I fully support his decision to say that he will not be supporting her in any way. I do not want him to spend more time and money on her when she is obviously not following what we saw back in 2000.
-------

Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Everyone is a critic. It's easy to be the arm chair quarterback and think you know what is best for Alizée with out knowing who she really is.

Most of us guys look at a pretty woman and impose what we would like Alizée to be in our perfect world. Sorry guys but I'm going to burst your bubble.

1. She isn't an American woman and really isn't a French woman, she is Corsican, and yes that does make her a little different from the rest of the women you think you know.

2. The older guys on the board, how often are you hanging around or dealing (Not on the Net) with people 18-30 years of age? She is typical of this younger generation when it comes to the tattoo's and piercings. Most the teenagers and twenty somethings I know have two or more tattoo's. Of course none of us want to see the woman of our dreams tattooing her body up but remember it is her body not ours. Like I say to some of my woman employee's when they whine to me about something I'm doing that they don't approve of, I hold up my left hand and say do you see a wedding ring on my finger? No you don't, I'm not married to you so I don't have to listen to you or put up with your mouth.

3. I may have not been thrilled with her last album but I still bought it and do listen to it occasionally. When the new one comes out I'll be buying it on the release date as I have with the last two. She puts the songs on the album she likes and "we'll just have to deal with it".

4. Right now she is in her rebellious state and she'll come around and grow up in a few years. Look at Madonna it wasn't until she had her daughter that she finally woke up and realized she needed to act like an adult. If Alizée's parents were not around to run home to and baby sit Annili, I'd bet she would have grown up a little quicker. We have always known Alizée was immature but that was a trait many of us looked at as a positive, and it still is. That little girl persona is still there and she is still acting like a teenager in someways.

I fell for this woman back in December 2004 and I'm still just as fond of her as I was the first time I saw her. It just kills me every time I see a new tattoo appear on her body.

Last edited by ALS; 05-30-2012 at 10:22 AM..