Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Julia definitely has the advantage of worldwide high-speed Internet and high definition videos, more options for distributing music digitally, and all her future fans will be paparazzi because they have cameras in their phones. Imagine if Alizee was 16 years old again and just starting out. Would it end up being the same success for her in today's world?

The world is a different place than 18 years ago and definitely more, um, might I say trashy? Would MF/LB then have to promote a more risqué image for a new lolita to get attention like Alizee did?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Administrator

For those who understand French, this might be interesting. Alizee and Gregoire are shown toward the end. It would be great to know what is being said.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:38 AM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
For those who understand French, this might be interesting. Alizee and Gregoire are shown toward the end. It would be great to know what is being said.

it says that Mylene farmer did an casting in Paris and Julia won it(even though Julia had renounced to the music after being eliminated in The voice Kids)

Julia's first single may be called "Sexto" and it's about the female masturbation and Marilyn monroe too also Marylin Monroe had a bedroom very intimate and the lovers of her story (im not sure about this part) doesn't forget that she killed herself in her bedroom after drinking a deathly cocktail.

Julia has shared fragments of her next song "C'est un nom de re ba dee doo dit da si marilyn avait le choix c'est du bout des doigts" and she maybe shared also a fragment of the clip on a photo on instagram in which she's in bed and has a portrait of Marylin Monroe and a strange candy and this seems very 60's-ish

Mylene suggested to Alizée and Gregoire to do the choreographies of the TV performances of Julia

(You should ask a french native but i did my best with my little knowledge of french)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 08-24-2018 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
Julia's first single may be called "Sexto" and it's about the female masturbation and Marilyn monroe too also Marylin Monroe had a bedroom very intimate and the lovers of her story (im not sure about this part) doesn't forget that she killed herself in her bedroom after drinking a deathly cocktail.

Mylene suggested to Alizée and Gregoire to do the choreographies of the TV performances of Julia

(You should ask a french native but i did my best with my little knowledge of french)
It sounds like you did great because your translation makes sense.

As far as Sexto, I guess my post yesterday speculating that the new lolita would push the limits sexually in her songs might come to pass. I'm sure this will be very popular in today's world, and her outfits might not leave much to the imagination. But I'm sure it will be a great song and be #1. The video will no doubt be a spectacle and hook many people to this girl.

I guess I am just getting old and I already know I am old-fashioned in many ways, and there is a distinct line for me that separates sexy and my definition of trash. There is nothing enticing for me to watch a 16yo girl sing about her masturbating.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
it says that Mylene farmer did an casting in Paris and Julia won it(even though Julia had renounced to the music after being eliminated in The voice Kids)

Julia has shared fragments of her next song "C'est un nom de re ba dee doo dit da si marilyn avait le choix c'est du bout des doigts" and she maybe shared also a fragment of the clip on a photo on instagram in which she's in bed and has a portrait of Marylin Monroe and a strange candy and this seems very 60's-ish

Sexto........maybe that shows us more of why Alizee walked away. As far as Marilyn Monroe, there are a lot of people including me who don't believe she killed herself, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Thanks for posting Edsel!
Old 08-24-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
It sounds like you did great because your translation makes sense.

As far as Sexto, I guess my post yesterday speculating that the new lolita would push the limits sexually in her songs might come to pass. I'm sure this will be very popular in today's world, and her outfits might not leave much to the imagination. But I'm sure it will be a great song and be #1. The video will no doubt be a spectacle and hook many people to this girl.

I guess I am just getting old and I already know I am old-fashioned in many ways, and there is a distinct line for me that separates sexy and my definition of trash. There is nothing enticing for me to watch a 16yo girl sing about her masturbating.
Yeah i get you and you're right this kind of material is very popular nowadays

Also i started to think that the first performer is the best cause it generates the expectations. What i mean with this is that the expectations is set very high because of Alizée so Julia has to do a really good work to get over that and be a sensation. It's not easy taking into account the amount of performances, achievements and popularity alizee gained and Julia also have to compete among a lot of artist that we have now in the market like new pop singers, rappers and those whose do trap, dj's and Alizée back then had not this amount of competition because i'm pretty sure that at least rappers and dj's wasn't a super sensation in 2000 but they are now, just look at the variety of festivals like Ultra, Tomorrow land, EDC las vegas, etc...

So my point is that Julia will have to do very nice work in this coming single
Old 08-24-2018, 09:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's kind of obvious I guess that she will be cast as a Lolita. It kind of bothers me because with the songs written for Alizee, it never really said directly what was going on. There were double meanings to the lyrics, but with this there coming out right off the bat and saying it's about masturbation, I don't like that with such a young girl.

"I'll make you a star and make you famous and you'll earn lots of money, but you have to do my bidding.".
Old 08-24-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's kind of obvious I guess that she will be cast as a Lolita. It kind of bothers me because with the songs written for Alizee, it never really said directly what was going on. There were double meanings to the lyrics, but with this there coming out right off the bat and saying it's about masturbation, I don't like that with such a young girl.

"I'll make you a star and make you famous and you'll earn lots of money, but you have to do my bidding.".
when i read that i laughed out loud hahaha

i expect that coming from Mylene by the way
Old 08-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Sexto........maybe that shows us more of why Alizee walked away.
Alizee no doubt enjoyed those five years of fame (maybe not as much fortune), but she had a line drawn in the sand where she would not cross. I respect that.

Edit:

Quote:
Also i started to think that the first performer is the best cause it generates the expectations. What i mean with this is that the expectations is set very high because of Alizée so Julia has to do a really good work to get over that and be a sensation. It's not easy taking into account the amount of performances, achievements and popularity alizee gained and Julia also have to compete among a lot of artist that we have now in the market like new pop singers, rappers and those whose do trap, dj's and Alizée back then had not this amount of competition because i'm pretty sure that at least rappers and dj's wasn't a super sensation in 2000 but they are now, just look at the variety of festivals like Ultra, Tomorrow land, EDC las vegas, etc...
This is all very true, but maybe Julia does not see Alizee as competition, but as a role model. Alizee might want to make herself available to Julia to talk through things in case Julia is getting uncomfortable with things she is being asked to do.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-24-2018 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-24-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Alizee no doubt enjoyed those five years of fame (maybe not as much fortune), but she had a line drawn in the sand where she would not cross. I respect that.

Edit:

This is all very true, but maybe Julia does not see Alizee as competition, but as a role model. Alizee might want to make herself available to Julia to talk through things in case Julia is getting uncomfortable with things she is being asked to do.
yeah i wanted to say that Alizée is not a competition but she was the first Mylene project and she did very well so people is expecting this to be successful