Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2018, 09:55 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Also, I would guess that Julia's personality is also ordinary. Something tells me we're not going to get a single nose-scrunch out of Julia.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The fact that she takes something like this in stride definitely qualifies her as tomboyish. There are no other female participants getting this kind of treatment.
I don't mean she acted like a boy, I mean she looked like a boy.
From 2000-2003, she looked slightly-- very slightly-- like a boy. Its quite evident in the parler tout bas video, for example. I can see it also in the 2003 live concert. No one would have ever mistaken her for a boy--- and yet at the same time, she looked slightly like a boy.

Do you know what I mean?

P.S. Thanks for the video clip. (I don't think her personality is tomboyish, though--- just wacky! She's *fascinating*, isn't she???)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-26-2018 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Also, I would guess that Julia's personality is also ordinary. Something tells me we're not going to get a single nose-scrunch out of Julia.

In my opinion, Julia is much prettier than the average girl her age and has a great singing voice. She will achieve some level of success, but hard to tell how much. From what I have read, SEXTO is not a good indication of what the rest of her upcoming album will be like. She is not a dancer, so her live performances will be more subdued than Alizee's, which will probably fit her well. As she said in her interview: "There are a lot of music that reflect a part of me more melancholy. It's the kind of songs I love that really bring out emotions." She will probably appeal to an older crowd versus her peer group.

And I don't expect any nose-scrunches out of her, which is my absolute favorite of Alizee's charms. Some might think her scrunches are done voluntarily, but I have found her doing them at times when the camera is not on her and she is not the focus of attention, like when she is singing in the background of a LE performance.

Quote:
I don't mean she acted like a boy, I mean she looked like a boy.
From 2000-2003, she looked slightly-- very slightly-- like a boy. Its quite evident in the parler tout bas video, for example. I can see it also in the 2003 live concert. No one would have ever mistaken her for a boy--- and yet at the same time, she looked slightly like a boy.

Do you know what I mean?

P.S. Thanks for the video clip. (I don't think her personality is tomboyish, though--- just wacky! She's *fascinating*, isn't she???)
I understand what you mean...

I sometimes have called Alizee a "goofball" She has a great sense of humor. She's not the type to go around telling jokes, but rather takes opportunities to interject her humor in a rather dry manner, where the humor is not always obvious. She's very clever.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:34 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And I don't expect any nose-scrunches out of her, which is my absolute favorite of Alizee's charms. Some might think her scrunches are done voluntarily, but I have found her doing them at times when the camera is not on her and she is not the focus of attention, like when she is singing in the background of a LE performance.
I would think the nose scrunches are purely voluntary, somethat that she just does as part of her performance, and she's fully aware that she is doing it. She has probably done it all her life, even when the camera existed only in her mind and there was no actual camera.

Quote:
I sometimes have called Alizee a "goofball" She has a great sense of humor. She's not the type to go around telling jokes, but rather takes opportunities to interject her humor in a rather dry manner, where the humor is not always obvious. She's very clever.
I'd like to know her I.Q.; her personality has a definite "depth" to it. I've noticed that high forehead of hers, and I've wondered if she has a large brain. Maybe, maybe not.

I saw that program where she talked about how she would dance for hours as a child, how it was an escape for her and how she would get lost in it. (I forgot exactly what she said.) And so here is a person who can engage in intense concentration for extended periods of time.

Her I.Q. could be anything, from just slightly above average on up. I'm curious.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:03 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
I was looking at an interview of Julia

But i thought i heard that before maybe from... Alizée ?

My point is that maybe Laurent and Mylene make the songs even whether the performer (Julia in this case) like it or not

And Alizée said the same thing back then 'this is not the style of music i like to listen to'

I've seen several instances where Julia has made almost identical statements to those of Alizee about working with Mylene Farmer. I don't have time to search the quotes out and post them here, but it is interesting that other people have also noticed the similarities.

It's difficult enough to write a good song let alone to design that song to the singer's preferences. Most artists don't like other people tampering with their creations. When I first heard Alizee say that MF had made some changes to the lyrics to accommodate her, I was surprised that Mylene was willing to do that. But then her lyrics are so impenetrable that I think she could plug in anything and people would accept it taking the attitude "I never understand her lyric's anyway."

Last edited by Shepherd; 10-27-2018 at 05:14 AM..
Old 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would think the nose scrunches are purely voluntary, somethat that she just does as part of her performance, and she's fully aware that she is doing it. She has probably done it all her life, even when the camera existed only in her mind and there was no actual camera.
At one point I thought that, then I changed my mind.

On one of Alizee's early Gourmandises performances, she makes probably the cutest facial expression I have seen her make. It is at the 1:37 mark, and the link below will take you to a few seconds before that.

https://youtu.be/pug-GTOQ4uw?t=94

It seems so random because I am hard pressed to find another instance where she does this. The closest I have seen is a decade later in one of her Je veux bien videos, right at the 2:30 mark. Here is the link a few seconds before.

https://youtu.be/54r7Uzu4I1Q?t=147

It's not really the face scrunch as we know it, but very unique.

Here is the main reason I think the scrunch is involuntary. When she was performing at the Les Enfoires 2013 show, one of our members was there (I believe it was Jenny). Somebody else posted this on their google drive, and I hope it is OK that I repost it to make this point. She is in the background dancing and singing to Gangham Style. The scrunch happens so fast at 0:53 it is just a flash, and you have to stop the video to see it is for sure. Definitely a scrunch and so quick and out of the blue it is hard to conclude she planned it. Maybe the adrenaline rush of performing. Can't tell for sure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pn...1sFy584zA3Sq9M

Quote:
I'd like to know her I.Q.; her personality has a definite "depth" to it. I've noticed that high forehead of hers, and I've wondered if she has a large brain. Maybe, maybe not.
She has received some grief on her forehead, that is for sure. One youtube commenter said you could land a 747 on her forehead. But in all reality, I think a lot of it is an optical illusion. Here eyes are set in the middle of her head vertically, which is what is normal. It's not like she has a cranium like E.T. Not all skull structure are made the same. Eastern European men like myself have a brow bone that protrudes out from the forehead some. The top of Alizee's forehead doesn't slope back with a low hairline like some other women. Her hairline is set back up to a half an inch that what we would consider "standard" on a woman. But Alizee is definitely not standard.

I'm not sure what her IQ would be. She didn't receive a normal education, with her last years being correspondence. Many high IQ geniuses didn't do well in structured classes, but I doubt if Alizee would qualify for Mensa membership anyway. My guess is she would be at around average IQ.

I had said Alizee had a pretty keen sense of humor and on the dry side, which I find funnier actually. Here is a clip that I have always enjoyed. Alizee is answering as many questions as she can in 60 seconds. She is very animated and many of her answers she pulls off with a straight face (as long as she can that is).

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-28-2018 at 10:26 PM..