Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I notice with the other colors that the "A" looks kinda pixilated, with some bits in white that should be transparent. I can provide a detailed vector if you need it? The one I was using for the aborted Paris banner...

Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Controversée?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
RURO and all: Love the design! After CFH dreamt it up, you nailed it!!! Just a couple things that concerned me. So (hope you don`t mind) I posted the logo above on the Lillytown.net forum. To see what the Frenchies thought.

My main concern is the head on the French flag. We might think it was cool if a head like that was on OUR flag, but a lot of Americans would be disgusted or outraged at the very notion. So I don't want this to accidentally piss somebody off. Esp if they're French, as that would contradict the original "international cooperation" intention.

The second concern was the order of the colors on the French flag--is the blue supposed to be THERE, or where the red is?

So I'm waiting a day or so to see what they say in Frogland. If you can wait too, I'd suggest it best not to start printing any shirts just yet.

But on the other hand, like I said, it does look pretty great as is! chuck.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
My main concern is the head on the French flag. We might think it was cool if a head like that was on OUR flag, but a lot of Americans would be disgusted or outraged at the very notion. So I don't want this to accidentally piss somebody off. Esp if they're French, as that would contradict the original "international cooperation" intention.
Ooo, good point. Hadn't occurred to me but you're absolutely correct. Especially since the Moor's head isn't just any old symbol, but one often associated with the at times violent Corsican independence movement. Could almost be seen like putting a confederate flag over ours, though even more current!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I notice with the other colors that the "A" looks kinda pixilated, with some bits in white that should be transparent. I can provide a detailed vector if you need it? The one I was using for the aborted Paris banner...

mate thats very nice, but as chuck said it would be also great so see the french flag. . but your pic is just awesome.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Answers from Francers!

Hi all - WARNING - they're saying the French flag's colors SHOULD be reversed!

Re: the Moor's head on the flag-- so far, it seems most French folks wouldn't bee too offended, but they say there are Corsicans who'd go ape-shit. I'm sorta thinking we could maybe just leave it off? I mean, it's nice, but really not necessary. chuk
Old 08-09-2009, 01:36 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hi all - WARNING - they're saying the French flag's colors SHOULD be reversed!
you are correct it should be blue, white red respectively from the flag poll

Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I can't believe I didn't notice that before.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

I wish I could come to the site more often nowadays: it's stuff like this that used to make me giddy like a little girl . This design - the symmetry, the symbolism, etc. - is amazing!

About the Moor's head: I agree that we definitely should not superimpose it onto the French flag and that it's not necessary. But if someone was against omitting it completely, there seems to be enough space on the head of the torch (just above the handle) to place the image.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I like the black/white letter A. It looks good, but the letter A that Ben used for the abandoned banner looks sick as hell.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I don't know, maybe you can remove the head and work in the outline of Corsica instead somewhere.