Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
By the way can someone direct me to the rules of AAm forums that concern unacceptable topics? I keep searching but I can’t find them.
In the Support section, at the top of the page.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
In the Support section, at the top of the page.
That is well hidden as far as I am concerned... but I have been known to search for information in all the wrong places. Merci docteur!

So, I just read the rules and I don’t really see any problem with what I suggested so far. “PG-13” level would have a filtering effect on more sexually explicit content, but as I have said, some pretty sexually explicit stuff has been posted on AAm public forums in the past.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire
Brian01 says that the first rule stipulates that discussing “sexual” topics is not allowed,
Sorry I guess I was not super clear.

I was not saying all sexual topics were a no no. Me and Jung have some stories we could tell

I simply meant that more explicite and vulgar discussions about Alizée herself were going against that forum rule.

Again, sorry for not being clear.

Last edited by BrianO1; 01-30-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
some pretty sexually explicit stuff has been posted on AAm public forums in the past.
Hehe woops
Old 01-30-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Sorry I guess I was not super clear.

I was not saying all sexual topics were a no no. Me and Jung have some stories we could tell

I simply meant that more explicite and vulgar discussions about Alizée herself were going against that forum rule.

Again, sorry for not being clear.
No problem, I see what you mean.
And anyway, vulgar and Alizée in the same discussion, how could this ever happen?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Just a thought. How would new members who would like to participate even find out of a hidden thread? Sure they can "ask" but how will they ask if they do not even know of it's existence?

Not trying to shutdown the ideas, I'm all for it and think it is a very good and helpful one!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Just a thought. How would new members who would like to participate even find out of a hidden thread? Sure they can "ask" but how will they ask if they do not even know of it's existence?

Not trying to shutdown the ideas, I'm all for it and think it is a very good and helpful one!
Sure Fèv, questions and comments are welcome.
I am thinking this would be a forum listed as all the other ones, but it would only be accessible to AAm members. Something like:

Member Area (not public)
civilly discuss mature and contentious Alizée related topics
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I think as long as people have a heads up about stuff they might encounter in the private section they shouldn't be surprised or offended as much. It would be like venturing into the deep end of the pool.

The issue is who has access to the section and who/what decides how they get into it. You can't just let everybody in. Right now I bet the vast majority of people would say "sure let me in I can handle it" or "I can change" if they don't fit the mold right now. It would defeat the purpose of having a separate section. In that case we would just need a pretty heavy overhaul of the standards in all the existing areas of the forum and heavy enforcement by the mods, at least until things have been established.

If there was a private section to be created I think the founders and the earliest people of this forum should decide who gets in. Plus some of the people who have been keeping track of things up until now. If it's left up to a popularity contest with everybody having a say it will fail.

Last edited by HelixSix; 01-30-2011 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: .
Old 01-30-2011, 09:37 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I think as long as people have a heads up about stuff they might encounter in the private section they shouldn't be surprised or offended as much. It would be like venturing into the deep end of the pool.

The issue is who has access to the section and who/what decides how they get into it. You can't just let everybody in. Right now I bet the vast majority of people would say "sure let me in I can handle it" or "I can change" if they don't fit the mold right now. It would defeat the purpose of having a separate section. In that case we would just need a pretty heavy overhaul of the standards in all the existing areas of the forum and heavy enforcement by the mods, at least until things have been established.

If there was a private section to be created I think the founders and the earliest people of this forum should decide who gets in. Plus some of the people who have been keeping track of things up until now. If it's left up to a popularity contest with everybody having a say it will fail.
I understand what you're saying, but I think everyone at least deserves a chance at it if this does come to pass. For example, if a person is a newer member and/or fan compared to most, that doesn't mean one should judge their maturity or 'readiness' based solely on that. I just feel a lot of people could get left out if members who get in are hand picked.

With what you're suggesting, I think that maybe we could implement some type of 'terms of agreement' or 'license of agreement' or something for the private part of the forum. Upon entering (or maybe even registering for) the private forum, members would have to read and choose to agree to a statement to enter. The statement, rules, and guidelines could be written by the admins, mods, and older members. Upon agreeing to the statement, members would also be agreeing that if they were to break the contract, rules, or guidelines set in the agreement, then they would be banned from that part of the forum until further notice. However, I'm not completely sure if this is possible to do, but it is an idea that could be considered.

Again, I only suggest this because I believe that everyone should get their fair shot at it if there is such a part of the forum. The worst that could happen this way is 90% of the people there get banned from the private forums lol. The forums would still be there and those people could be given time, if needed, to "mature" and gain access to that part of the forum once again.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

AI that sounds like a very valid system...but I asked some guy that would know if this is possible or not if it would be possible to do this, and he said "probably not" since like Helix said, it would be unfair to determine who can enter and who doesn't.

Tags
forum, suggestion box