Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-30-2010, 12:03 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot guys. Its really good to see this kind of response from all of you. Alizée is really an angel and the girl of the century
Old 10-30-2010, 04:33 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Alizee cured me of cancer...........just kidding!
Seriously though, she always helps me get through the tough times.
Great story, Aayush! Hope your grandma continues to do well!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I have different music that I turn to for different reasons, mostly depending on my mood or what I feel like listening to. Alizée is a usual and is frequently sought out though . If I want something upbeat, happy and fun, then there are plenty songs to choose from. If I want something relaxing, calming and beautiful, then there are plenty of those as well. Her music can put me in an even better mood or help calm me down, relax, and rest. Music is powerful. It can bring emotion and fire to someone or just calm a person down into sleep. It can bring happiness or even tears.

In this particular case, your grandmother was brought peace . Alizée's amazing and soothing voice, like that of an angel, has the ability to calm a person down in such a way. I'm happy to hear this story of how you used Alizée's peaceful voice and songs to help your grandmother . The power and beauty of music is truely an amazing thing.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Touching story Aayush. Hope your grandma gets better.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
On a hiatus break

yeah, my granny is getting well day by day.....thanks to lili
Also now she is listening to all her songs, and not only slow songs
Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Post Using technology to relieve distress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
...nobody in our family... understands french, so i choosed 6 lili songs, they were : parler tout bas, a quoi rêve une jeune [fille], coeur dèja pris, par les paupièrer, psychédélices and lui ou toi... When we entered the room after half hour, grandma was sleeping peacefully. ...did she slept due to all those songs or due to medicines ?? When she woked up today... She told that she didn't even understood a single word but the voice of that lady was so sweet and cool that she forgot all her pains and got lost in her songs... So if you have ever came acrossed a situation like this, then do share it here with us.
The use of electronics to psychologically ameliorate some of the grave burdens of old age has a considerable heritage by now. A bit of its history, starting circa 1995, is described in the mini-blog Low-intensity multimedia entertainment (for nervous distress). Surely any youngsters who take the time to read it will be astounded how very far and fast the technology they take for granted has advanced in less than a generation!

By the middle years of this decade, both turn-key hardware and media for the ends described was available, and very cheap as well. The particular DVD titles described on the cited Web page, in the final (2004 September 28) posting at page bottom, may still be available and appropriate.

As for Dr. Alizée herself, among people here, more than one broken heart was mended upon discovery of her upbeat early work. I will not betray confidences by providing more details. But let's just say that life has many opportunities for heartbreak, some inevitable, others tragic, all unwelcome and potentially fatal

Knowing of Dr. Alizée's therapeutic potential, it was with enormous regret that I anticipated the album based on the somber theme of the Götterdämmerung of Edie Sedgwick. That such a work was scheduled for release during the greatest global economic upheaval of a lifetime only amplified the shocking contrast to so much of Alizée's joyous early work! For goodness sake, what in the world was she thinking? The only thing missing from UEdS to make it a "Halloween" favorite for years to come was a closing performance of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (shown below) from Monty Python's Life of Brian! Sigh.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
The use of electronics to psychologically ameliorate some of the grave burdens of old age has a considerable heritage by now. A bit of its history, starting circa 1995, is described in the mini-blog Low-intensity multimedia entertainment (for nervous distress). Surely any youngsters who take the time to read it will be astounded how very far and fast the technology they take for granted has advanced in less than a generation!

By the middle years of this decade, both turn-key hardware and media for the ends described was available, and very cheap as well. The particular DVD titles described on the cited Web page, in the final (2004 September 28) posting at page bottom, may still be available and appropriate.

As for Dr. Alizée herself, among people here, more than one broken heart was mended upon discovery of her upbeat early work. I will not betray confidences by providing more details. But let's just say that life has many opportunities for heartbreak, some inevitable, others tragic, all unwelcome and potentially fatal

Knowing of Dr. Alizée's therapeutic potential, it was with enormous regret that I anticipated the album based on the somber theme of the Götterdämmerung of Edie Sedgwick. That such a work was scheduled for release during the greatest global economic upheaval of a lifetime only amplified the shocking contrast to so much of Alizée's joyous early work! For goodness sake, what in the world was she thinking? The only thing missing from UEdS to make it a "Halloween" favorite for years to come was a closing performance of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (shown below) from Monty Python's Life of Brian! Sigh.
"Don't get short with me." LMAO! You, Sir never fail to entertain!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 AM
On a hiatus break

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
indeed sir, you are just an awesome "fact factory"
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Haha. I enjoyed reading this post, thank you.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 AM
On a hiatus break

You are welcome SaintÀlizee