Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Wink MF & LB Crucify!!.......or praise them?

I've heard a lot of criticism since I've joined this forum of Laurent Boutannat and Mylene Farmer. Most of it directed towards MF but LB was getting a good share too. A lot of people called Alizée an MF protege. Others said MF and LB manipulated Alizée, controlled many aspects of her life. Of course most of us, not being french speaking and having only found out about them in the past year or two have to trust translations and interpetations of events years ago from people who's opinions may be biased.

I suppose Alizee may have been discovered even without them. I believe she still would have gone to Paris for an audition after she won the talent contest back in 1999 whether LB and MF were there or not. But if those two hadn't discovered her, someone else may have wound up mismanaging her career right into the ground . I've heard of several beautiful girls over the years who had great voices who had only 1 good song in their career because they or the people working for them could not come up with another hit song. Look how many great songs Laurent and Mylene provided for Alizee in about 4 years. Just an unbelievable amount

I think it was kind of wrong for MF and LB to provide such a young girl with some skimpy outfits to wear and risqué lyrics to sing but if you compare it to a lot of the material that many young people are exposed to today, I think it rather pales in comparison. Does that make it okay then? Can we really fault MF for tailoring Alizee's music and dancing along the same line as her own, after all this is what she knows best and Alizées training was based mainly on dancing. You just couldn't expect Lily to start writing hit songs overnight when she had little experience in that department.

I'm sure that MF and LB made a lot of money because of Alizee and they probably still are. I'm also sure that Alizée is now set for life financially, or at least she should be, because of these two.

I think these three people were a perfect fit for one another. I wonder if Alizée really did want to go in a new direction musically or if she got tired of hearing people calling her an MF protege, tired of hearing people say that MF and LB were making all the decisions. I watch Alizée's en concert performance and I don't think I've seen a performer look as tremendously happy as she did during several points during the show. So I think there had to be another reason, one we'll probably never know about. Peer pressure? Did her husband influence her decision. I guess it's all water under the bridge at this point.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'd have to praise Farmer and Boutannat. Without them, there's a good chance we would of never heard of Alizée and we would've never seen all those great performances with the tremendous beauty and singing of Alizée, the great music of Laurent, the wonderful lyrics of Mylene. By the way, who gets the credit for all those beautiful dance routines? MF, I suspect.