Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 AM
peterjames12

Really this is very useful translation for that language people. They can easily access this song perfectly and also they can enjoy very well.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:20 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Your interpretations are epic, I've read them with my very great interest. My view is completely different, though, I would've never guessed it can be about Cleopatra O_o .

Firstly, I think it contains many references to Alizée as a person, just like many "Gourmandises"/MCE songs do ("Gourmandises" - Alizée likes eating sweets, "Parler tout bas" - Alizée is 16, "Mon maquis" - Alizée has a brother, etc.). I can recall someone supposing Mylene did it to make amends to her young protegée for the girl did not write her lyrics herself so they might not have been exactly what she wanted to sing. The two following albums of Alizée are not THAT directly personal. It is "5" where she comes back to describe her very own relationships...

But I shan't bore you with my off-topic tittle-tattle, shall I? Going on with my on-topic tattle, I think it is a song how a young, pretty, cheerful girl achieves her dreams and how easy it is for her. This truly fits in Alizée's story, as she was given a chance to become a singer, accepted it and did not regret it! Ma bonne étoile luit, j'suis bien là et j'aime ça - this the way that statement is expressed.

Generally, the song mentions "ingredients" needed to be liked and loved by others. They are not what she worked out herself but some things she was delighted to get from the fate - her beauty, her youth, her charm. And not to mention her sexual attractiveness. For example, un zeste de citron dans l'eau is bound to be a reference to "Lemon Incest", a song written by Serge Gainsbourg, sung by him and his daughter. Just like Mylene, Serge liked word plays, double meanings. The phrase "Inceste de citron" was supposed to be a word play between it and "Un zeste de citron" for they sound kind of similar. The song describes a sexual relationship between a girl and her dad... No need to tell you it was controversial, huh?

Anyway, the expression reveals to us the girl from the song succeds thanks to being attractive. Other than the infamous lemon, I'd like to point out also "l'eau" that appears a damnly common word but in fact here it stands for "Alizée". Why? Well, "l'eau" sounds like "Lo" (Lolita), Mylene uses the same double meaning in "Moi... Lolita". And it stands for Alizée because she played a part of Lolita when being on the stage.

Vidi has been changed into Vedi to sound more Alizée-like. As far as I reckon, it's taken from Corsican, right? The corsée word is also a wink-wink to the listener, for it is a little print, reminding us where our angel comes from . Au loin les cloches de ma ville - "ville" refers to Ajaccio of course, I am not acknowledged enough and shamefully, I am unable to reveal to you where the bells ring. But Alizée surely knows and can tell you if you meet her . And Vive le vent… means "long live Alizée" - because her name means a "trade wind", so she is kind of a "wind".
The Round belong

Last edited by Jazzmin; 04-13-2014 at 02:27 PM..