Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Huh?
Yes excuse me....... but Alizée has been a part of many lives here for years, through good times and some not so good she has always been a ray of light, so I felt that song was befitting to post here, of course there's many other songs I could've posted but that's just one that recently caught my attention.. oh well nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepon66 View Post
I discovered Alizée in 2006, yeah, 8 years ago I saw a wallpaper of a beautiful girl on a PC, I didn´t know who she was, but it was love at first sight
Yes Alizée is proof "love at first sight" exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

In her core, she is still the same person.
Yes I don't think people really change too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Now that I think about it, I got my impressions of who she is from the early TV interviews. Not so much what she said, but how she said it.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

I originally joined this site back in 2006, I believe.. Maybe 2005, if it was around then. Of course, I had a different user name then. I found 2 of Alizee's videos on the newsgroups/forums: Jen ai Marre and Ella Elle La.. when I was downloading music videos back in Feb 2005, about a year after her concert. Luckily, I got to watch her grow and change through the years but my favorite version of Alizee is still Alizee 2.0 (the Jen ai Marre years.)

I don't get to this site much anymore but do check in occasionally and I'm glad I was one of the organizers of the American Alizee birthday party back in 2007. Funny.. because of Alizee's influence another user.. CFHollister (was a teacher) now became a French Chef and is working at a nice local French Restaurant. The Original French Bistro "La Creme Brulee" in Steilacoom, Wa, where the party was held just closed and has morphed into a much bigger French restaurant in Tacoma, where CFHollister now works.

If anyone wants to say hello to him let me know and I'll be sure to pass it on. I'll check back in a few days on this posting.

EDIT:
I wonder what Cooney ever did with his extremely massive Alizee collection that he displayed at the 2007 birthday party.
--------------------------------------

Last edited by Davedel; 10-06-2017 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
I originally joined this site back in 2006, I believe.. Maybe 2005, if it was around then. Of course, I had a different user name then. I found 2 of Alizee's videos on the newsgroups/forums: Jen ai Marre and Ella Elle La.. when I was downloading music videos back in Feb 2005, about a year after her concert. Luckily, I got to watch her grow and change through the years but my favorite version of Alizee is still Alizee 2.0 (the Jen ai Marre years.)

I don't get to this site much anymore but do check in occasionally and I'm glad I was one of the organizers of the American Alizee birthday party back in 2007. Funny.. because of Alizee's influence another user.. CFHollister (was a teacher) now became a French Chef and is working at a nice local French Restaurant. The Original French Bistro "La Creme Brulee" in Steilacoom, Wa, where the party was held just closed and has morphed into a much bigger French restaurant in Tacoma, where CFHollister now works.

If anyone wants to say hello to him let me know and I'll be sure to pass it on. I'll check back in a few days on this posting.

EDIT:
I wonder what Cooney ever did with his extremely massive Alizee collection that he displayed at the 2007 birthday party.
Hey Dave I guess it is.

I'd like you to say hello to CF. I'm sure he'll remember me.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Hey Dave I guess it is.

I'd like you to say hello to CF. I'm sure he'll remember me.
I'll be at the French Restaurant early next week and let him know you said, "Hello."
Old 11-14-2014, 01:24 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Jumping on the bandwagon... for me it has been 11 years. Oh I knew Alizée since 2001 (I think) but only as a pretty girl who sang a song I loved and I had no idea who she was and unlike today I couldn't just google the lyrics (lol remember when google didn't existed? Seems impossible today.) or the song's name or check the playlist of my radio station to find out who the singer of Moi.. Lolita was... and I was a weirdo who didn't like to watch music videos on MTV or Viva like the cool kids because I wasn't really interested in music so no chance of finally finding out about this girl's name...

Well I joined the forums pretty late, AF in 2008 (oddly enough I visited the AF-Fanpage quite a lot but never followed the link that would have lead me to the forum), AAm in 2009, but I was always following her movements since 2003.

11 years with a lot of ups, some heartbreaking downs, a lot of smiles and happiness, some really huge tears, frustration, a lot of fun and so many great people I've met... I really own Alizée a lot to be honest... It wasn't perfect the entire time but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 11-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll be at the French Restaurant early next week and let him know you said, "Hello."
Please say "HI!" to CFH for me too. I always liked guys like CFH and Cooney.

And I must say that I really like threads like this. I think it's a nice reminder of why we are all here in the first place. It's easy to get caught up in the ups and downs of the current events in Alizée's life and career, and forget the big picture and the long view.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Please say "HI!" to CFH for me too. I always liked guys like CFH and Cooney.

And I must say that I really like threads like this. I think it's a nice reminder of why we are all here in the first place. It's easy to get caught up in the ups and downs of the current events in Alizée's life and career, and forget the big picture and the long view.
The last time I heard of Cooney, he was working for TSA at Seatac airport (about 2007).

Lefty, I believe that you were one of the guys who remade Mlle Juliette. Your version was better than the original and I still listen to it occasionally. I do wish Alizee would have taken that route with her music as it is more up-tempo, powerful and pop-ish. I think your version would have been a big hit if it was released rather than her version.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The last time I heard of Cooney, he was working for TSA at Seatac airport (about 2007).

Lefty, I believe that you were one of the guys who remade Mlle Juliette. Your version was better than the original and I still listen to it occasionally. I do wish Alizee would have taken that route with her music as it is more up-tempo, powerful and pop-ish. I think your version would have been a big hit if it was released rather than her version.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. It was a collaboration between me and ImRawdg.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:15 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
11 years with a lot of ups, some heartbreaking downs, a lot of smiles and happiness, some really huge tears, frustration, a lot of fun and so many great people I've met... I really owe Alizée a lot to be honest... It wasn't perfect the entire time but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Once We Were Here

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-06-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:

EDIT:
--------------------------------------
EDIT: 06 Oct 2017
Well, it's been over 10 years now since the great Alizee birthday party in Steilacoom, Washington State. (Reading from above) Since then, Chef Bertrand closed his big French restaurant in downtown Tacoma.. economic reasons but he's now working with someone else in a small nearby city. He's probably going to open another small French restaurant in the future sometime. After all, his small French restaurant was very successful but his big restaurant had too many expenses. He closed his small bistro to follow his dream to own and operate a big one.

CF Hollister (Josh) worked 2 different jobs in different restaurants (moving on) before Bertrand's big restaurant closed. I believe he's now working somewhere in the middle of Washington State.. as a chef, following his younger girlfriend as she goes to college. Remember... if it wasn't for Alizee (whose influence brought CF Hollister to visit Bertrand's restaurant) he wouldn't be a chef.. he'd probably still be a substitute teacher looking for work.

As for me.. if anyone is interested, I still admire the beauty of Alizee and listen to her old music from time to time while driving. I even downloaded the entire French "Dancing with the Stars" where she participated and won a few years back with her then future husband. Back then, we (Bertrand, Josh and I) watched the weekly competition as it slowly progressed week by week and were very happy with the final results. As of now, I'm going to Trucker school, a 6-month course, so you may see me driving down a freeway near you sometime in the future.

Anyway, I don't get to this website very often anymore.. only when I use Google's site search technique to search for a specific entry on this website only. How about yourselves? Any old fans still on this site still here? Say.. 2005 - 2010. If so, what are you doing nowadays? I'll check back to see if anyone replies. - Dave 06 Oct 2017.

PS
I wish I knew whatever happened to Cooney.. I really liked him. Probably still working for TSA at SeaTac Airport. He had a great and massive Alizee collection. You should have seen it! He displayed some of it at the Alizee birthday party back in 2007. That was a great party!!!

Last edited by Davedel; 10-06-2017 at 03:07 PM..