Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-28-2008, 05:04 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
Maybe I think its because the new her is soo stereotype like. Lots of celebs display the kind of persona that she displays now. This IMO has put many people off, cause it just makes her less special than before.
But no celeb can even come close to being the old Alizée who was so 'ickle', and sweet , mysterious, zealous and yet down to earth.
Maybe it's because you're 18 and I'm 44.

To an 18 years old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is...like...."Wow!". A 23 year old Godess is like "Meh...kinda old".

To a 44 year old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is like "Daaamn"! And when she turns 23, it's like..."Daaamn"! Someday, she'll be 30, and it will be like...."Daaamn"! Hell, 50 years from now, when Alizée has a good many wrinkles and some nice grey hair....and I finally kick the bucket....you might as well put it in my obituary .... she'll still be....."Daaamn"!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 PM

E468807 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Maybe it's because you're 18 and I'm 44.

To an 18 years old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is...like...."Wow!". A 23 year old Godess is like "Meh...kinda old".

To a 44 year old, an 18 year old lolita Goddess is like "Daaamn"! And when she turns 23, it's like..."Daaamn"! Someday, she'll be 30, and it will be like...."Daaamn"! Hell, 50 years from now, when Alizée has a good many wrinkles and some nice grey hair....and I finally kick the bucket....you might as well put it in my obituary .... she'll still be....."Daaamn"!

I like the way you think!!!! I like that. but really i dont mine her new looks. Its something new and different. It makes me curious on what esle she is going to do. I do have to say that the tattoo is really my thing. But its a cute tattoo so im ok with it. I also understand that some like her early years looks, songs, lifestyle, ect. more than her style now. At the end of the day. Shes happy about it and thats all we can ask for. Her happiness. OOh yeah and Alizee coming to the USA
Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM

daniel1985 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
After watching Alizée's version of Hung Up which I enjoyed very much, I noticed something different in how I was watching her videos. I spent a lot of the time admiring the dancers who were in the video with her. I must have watched one of her other earlier videos "Alizée en concert" at least a 100 times. If you were to put all the dancers that were in her concert video in a police line up, I don't think I could pick one out, but I could describe the ones in her new video in high definition. So I think there is a problem with the way she is being packaged. Someone who is as ancient as Madonna, needs to surround herself with beautiful dancers, but Alizée is still a very young and beautiful woman. She doesn't need anyone else on the stage with her if the packaging is right.
I don't like the way she has been wearing her hair since the start of her comeback. First of all, it looks like she has colored it in some way. Then when I was at her autograph session in Paris back in december, It looked like she had put the hair on the side of her head on an ironing board, sprayed it with starch, pressed it, then sprayed on a couple of coats of laquer. It still looked beautiful as you can see in some of the pictures I had posted back then but it took away from her natural beauty . Look at her hair in her concert video. It looks like she just washed it, dried it, brushed it and walked out on stage. No coloring, no curling, no hair spray and it looked so awesome. One of her recent hairdos looked like something she stole from Jane Hathaway.
The next thing is the way she's been dressing for her new appearences. It looks like Uncle Festus is her wardrobe manager! She doesn't need to wear revealing outfits like she did for Moi Lolita in Amsterdam or J'ia pas vingt ans or J'en ai marre. The outfits she wore when she sang A contre Courant or Ella Ella or Gourmandises or any of her concert outfits looked so great.
One other thing about the tatoo on her back. What was she thinking?
Maybe she doesn't care if the audience watches her or her dancers. Maybe she really loves her new look and doesn't care if changing it might attract more fans. If she's happy with it, then that's all that matters, but I think after being on such a high plateau that she was on before, she liked to see a lot more success that she's enjoying now and if that's the case, she needs to lose Uncle Festus.
Uncle Festus!

LMAO!

That's great.

... and so true.

Thank you for summing up what I have been thinking (but couldn't quite put in to the right words) for a long time.

I am not trying to be nasty to anyone, so please don't get all psycho if you don't like what I'm about to say, but there really are too many people on this site who will say that every new freaky image is great.

She could wear a green and pink stripy top with multi coloured spots, pink jeans with a fake donkey tail coming out the backside, and have bright orange spikey hair... and some die hard nut on this site would say:

WOW!

I love her new image... she's such an individual... I really appreciate the way she's expressing herself

I think she's more sexy now with spikey hair than back in the lolita days

C'mon! Bring back the old image. Boo hoo right back atcha to all the haters of this comment.

I love Alizee and I will die a happy man if I get to spend just one day with a girl half as amazing as her. And I really mean that.

But this new image sucks. She was not a puppet before with mylene. She was a goddess, a goddess that mylene brought to the world stage.

A goddess that unfortunately, has become hidden, without her guiding light (MF & LB).

There I'm done. Bring on the hatred.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post
I am not trying to be nasty to anyone, so please don't get all psycho if you don't like what I'm about to say, but there really are too many people on this site who will say that every new freaky image is great.
So what freaky images are you talking about? Because I really don't think you can find one that is even close to freaky.

Quote:
She could wear a green and pink stripy top with multi coloured spots, pink jeans with a fake donkey tail coming out the backside, and have bright orange spikey hair... and some die hard nut on this site would say:

WOW!

I love her new image... she's such an individual... I really appreciate the way she's expressing herself

I think she's more sexy now with spikey hair than back in the lolita days
What you just said is based on a point that isn't there. She hasn't dressed in anything crazy, and the only pattern I've noticed is that she isn't wearing skin tight clothes.

So if we respect her for having a mature sense of style that differs from the majority of the artists who run around in skimpy outfits we are a "die hard nut"?

Quote:
C'mon! Bring back the old image. Boo hoo right back atcha to all the haters of this comment.
Basically your saying "Alizée, screw your ambitions, style, work you've done over the years, and personal music taste, forget about your own journey and go back to being somebody else's project".

Quote:
I love Alizee and I will die a happy man if I get to spend just one day with a girl half as amazing as her. And I really mean that.

But this new image sucks. She was not a puppet before with mylene. She was a goddess, a goddess that mylene brought to the world stage.

A goddess that unfortunately, has become hidden, without her guiding light (MF & LB).
I really don't think you love her, because if you did then you'd respect her decision to come back with her own act. This is what I'm talking about with people being selfish...in between their praise and comparison of Alizée to a goddess (or something of the like) they throw in insults to the character of the very same person they praised for things other than character. This only shows that it's not love for her, but love for the past goddess image that wasn't even her own.

And you have it completely backwards when you say she has become hidden without MF and LB. Her image was cultivated by Mylene and Laurent, we only saw part of the real Alizée because the rest was hidden for business/image purposes. Now she has taken the veil off and we are actually seeing/hearing the real Alizée (because she is in control) and people like you say she is hidden.

Plus if you say "this new image sucks" you are basically saying that Alizée sucks. Because what she has worked on over the years and what we are seeing is her. It is something that a person would say who has their own best interests in mind rather than hers.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post
C'mon! Bring back the old image.
The old image is dead. The life of image (any image) is short.

You can't expect an artist to sing the same old songs in the same old outfits forever.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The old image like you say is probably dead and buried, and the new image is in i.c.u.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:41 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The old image like you say is probably dead and buried, and the new image is in i.c.u.
Honestly, what is wrong with her new image?! I don't understand at all. Okay, shes not wearing skimpy outfits anymore, but she still dresses sexy for a woman her age. She has grown up, has a child, and even though she is in great shape, I doubt she'd feel comfortable wearing the old outfits now.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Honestly, what is wrong with her new image?! I don't understand at all. Okay, shes not wearing skimpy outfits anymore, but she still dresses sexy for a woman her age. She has grown up, has a child, and even though she is in great shape, I doubt she'd feel comfortable wearing the old outfits now.
She doesn't have to wear anything skimpy to look good. But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it. She could still wear the same style of dresses and still look much better. Just have someone design them, who knows what they're doing.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-29-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She doesn't have to wear anything skimpy to look good. But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it. She could still wear the same style of dresses and still look much better. Just have someone design them, who know what they're doing.
I've only really skimmed this thread, and I don't mean to reduce your argument to a single statement or anything, but for the sake of me understanding after that last post, is this whole thing just about you thinking she has bad taste in clothes?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarac77 View Post
I've only really skimmed this thread, and I don't mean to reduce your argument to a single statement or anything, but for the sake of me understanding after that last post, is this whole thing just about you thinking she has bad taste in clothes?
Not at all, I've made several entries into this thread. If you want to know what it's all about, you have to go back to the first posting and start from there. My fingers are about to fall off at this point otherwise I'd give you a detailed explanation.