Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-07-2013, 02:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Well I don't know if it's what you were looking to hear exactly MM, but there it was mentioned not too long ago that she wants to tour, but in more intimate settings where she can interact more with the smaller audience. I'm just paraphrasing what I remember, does anybody know what I'm talking about? It may have been an interview
Well I thinks it's pretty obvious what they are actually saying here. They're afraid they wont be able to fill up a theater like the Rex or the Olympia, so they need a smaller theater, but they disguise smaller by saying more intimate, but if that what it takes to make this work, that's fine. It just be a process of trying to build her fan base back up.

Getting back to her dancing, I think she's under the impression that if she dances in conjunction with a song, it has to be a dance similar to her ml dance or her jam or jpva dances and I think these dances were complicated dances that probably had to be practiced on a daily basis, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Year after year we see her in Les Enfoires, in some cases doing dances she's been doing all her life. Dances she could probably do with her eyes closed. She is just a joy to watch when she dances and she doesn't seem to realize how much it means to the audience.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-07-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Well I don't know if it's what you were looking to hear exactly MM, but there it was mentioned not too long ago that she wants to tour, but in more intimate settings where she can interact more with the smaller audience. I'm just paraphrasing what I remember, does anybody know what I'm talking about? It may have been an interview
Yeah I believe she mentioned wanting to be closer to her audience in a certain interview recently aswell. I couldn't find it though but here's another one where she mentions doing "intimate" concerts anyway.

It's around the 1:28 minute mark just after mentioning her icons Madonna and Micheal Jackson.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
but if that what it takes to make this work, that's fine. It just be a process of trying to build her fan base back up.

I think these dances were complicated dances that probably had to be practiced on a daily basis, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Dances she could probably do with her eyes closed. She is just a joy to watch when she dances and she doesn't seem to realize how much it means to the audience.
I highlighted the parts I want to reply to, respectively:

I agree, it's perfectly fine with me at least, if she tried smaller venues often to build up a following where she can. Plenty of greats started off like that.

Once more, I agree, she doesn't need anything choreographed to perfection. She moves great and oh so naturally. If she comes across a step or two that she likes and the crowd responds to, she can pick it up and do it again next time she performs, building up a few signature moves, maybe for each song. This would be nothing to her, she just has to get out there and loosen up

To follow up on the above, I'm sure she can free style and improvise as she goes, without having to worry about messing up. When I dance, I'm the opposite. If you give me some MJ choreography and some time to learn it, I can do it. But not everything can be planned, there are some spots in between where I get lost, trying to fill in the blanks. I believe Alizée would have no trouble doing that, and better yet, she could do the whole song, moving the way the music calls for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Yeah I believe she mentioned wanting to be closer to her audience in a certain interview recently aswell. I couldn't find it though but here's another one where she mentions doing "intimate" concerts anyway.

It's around the 1:28 minute mark just after mentioning her icons Madonna and Micheal Jackson.

Yes that's probably it, thanks! I'll have to wait till morning to check it though, I'm on my phone right now
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Sometimes the more simple explanation is the closest to the truth.
I think she is just happy with the way things are. Another album in 3 years time, to continue showing up in Les Enfoires each year, some tv shows or interviews, maybe some special event like the anniversary of some french singer or something like that, and to continue with her current life; shopping, having meals outside, hanging out with friends, tattoos, and watching Annily grow.

No touring, no gigs, no choreographies or dancing and no attempts to build her fan base back stuff. Nothing wrong with that of course.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

The reality is that you can't promote someone who doesn't want to be promoted?
It's irrelevant how much time, money or effort you put into it. It's just not going to work.

It's unfortunate but things like tours etc are just not going to happen now.
You can still be a fan but wishing and hoping for things to change will only lead to disappointment.
Accept things for what they are.
It's not going to change.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Sometimes the more simple explanation is the closest to the truth.
I think she is just happy with the way things are. Another album in 3 years time, to continue showing up in Les Enfoires each year, some tv shows or interviews, maybe some special event like the anniversary of some french singer or something like that, and to continue with her current life; shopping, having meals outside, hanging out with friends, tattoos, and watching Annily grow.

No touring, no gigs, no choreographies or dancing and no attempts to build her fan base back stuff. Nothing wrong with that of course.
I think you are probably right about this. It is a nice dream for her, but trying to stay in the music business that way is almost impossible. Record companies expect more. And I think a lot of fans expect more too, like some live shows or concerts.

But I do think she really tried to make “5” a success. But even when you work very hard, music is still a tough business in which to be successful. If she loses her recording contract, I don't think we'll see any more albums or TV shows from her. Les Enfoirés may end up being the only door open to her in the future, but I hope she continues to do more than that.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

IMHO, I believe Alizee is a case of "can't have your cake and eat it too." It's like she wants the good aspects of being super famous without the bad. She wants to fill a big venue, but doesn't really want to do the work. She takes too long of a break in between albums and doesn't do that much promotion.

I'll admit they gave 5 a decent effort with promotion. Not really the best because they released ACDA and then postponed the album. Then when it came out, they were still using ACDA for promotion. They should have chosen a new song sooner. Nobody cares about a song that came out a year ago.

I think she'd do well as an artist like Emilie Autumn who is not considered super famous, but she tours the world doing fairly small concerts.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
... But I do think she really tried to make “5” a success. But even when you work very hard, music is still a tough business in which to be successful. If she loses her recording contract, I don't think we'll see any more albums or TV shows from her. Les Enfoirés may end up being the only door open to her in the future, but I hope she continues to do more than that.

If all the rest drops away then LE will not be far behind. They won't be her peers anymore. One year she simply would not be invited.

I really like her doing LE, so I hope she is able to do another album, and she finds a way to tour.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I feel the same way too. I really think this could be her last chance. That's the reason why I went to the autogaph session last March. I wanted to at least meet her in person. That's also the reason why I'm going to attend next year's Les Enfoires concert. I want to see her perform - it doesn't matter whether it's lipsynched or live, her own song or other's. I'm afraid this might her last participation as well. Although, I think she still has a couple of aces up her sleeve - the two songs that Jean-Jacques Goldman wrote for her.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
The reality is that you can't promote someone who doesn't want to be promoted?
It's irrelevant how much time, money or effort you put into it. It's just not going to work.

It's unfortunate but things like tours etc are just not going to happen now.
You can still be a fan but wishing and hoping for things to change will only lead to disappointment.
Accept things for what they are.
It's not going to change.
Well showbusiness is a hard business but even harder when the public will never except you for anything but a child star lolita.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur