Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-24-2010, 02:59 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
-i always used to ignore "Mon Maquis" might be coz i didnt get the theme of the song.
I have always enjoyed and liked the song but for some reason it always made me think of ancient egypt ... Beautiful song though.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
-i always used to ignore "Mon Maquis" might be coz i didnt get the theme of the song.
I used to skip it all the time as well. I just didn't like it much. *shrug*

Old 11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
-All the four dreams that I've had about Alizée turned into nightmares.
-I don't listen to Alizée everyday because I'm afraid I'll get tired of her music, and I don't want that to happen.
1- I've had a few dreams where she's shown up, in one of the most memorable, she showed up at my high school (when I was in hs) and we walked around the halls, talking However. I've had one and only one nightmare that she appeared in. It was awful, and I get a very unpleasant feeling in my stomach just thinking about it. On a positive note, upon waking up from my most recent Alizée dream, I found my phone right next to me and I recorded everything I could remember about it, and I'll be doing that whenever I wake up from the next one!

2- I'm like that too. Some songs I "save" for certain moods, some of them I just don't want to get tired of, and play other stuff instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I can't watch the videos when she cries. It just gets me all choked up.
Me neither, it's like kryptonite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
*Sometimes I find myself doing Alizée face expessions.
So do I!! I can't believe all the cute expressions she has, for everything! She's had many memorable ones during all these DALS interviews and La Suite things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
My Alizée confession now is, I haven't listened to her much in the last few weeks, and I've only logged on like twice. I try to keep up though
Oh man. I started wandering off the AAm map at this point in time, and missed out on nearly a whole year of things. I would regret the wandering if it didn't actually catapult me back on here once it was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
There are some moments of En Concert that are just priceless and will stay in my mind forever... off the top of my head:
1) AMD smile and laugh after seeing the sign
2) The way she smiles like a kid in a candy store all the way through L'Alizé
3) The TDM "weeeoooooow"
4) Playing the guitar at the end of ML
5) THE PTB MUSICAL BRIDGE OMG
Those moments in PTB are magical. My first avatar on here was the screencap of that one close up moment, everyone knows it, I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
-I haven't watched any of the music videos more than twice, with the exception of "Moi... Lolita."
I'll start the confessions here.
- I haven't watched any of the music videos in months. For some of them it's been a year or more

- I do this thing where if it starts raining, I try to guesstimate if the rain will last long enough to listen to Psych from beginning to end. The few times I've gotten it right, were amazing I take a beach chair and sit out on the porch and enjoy.

- This is the first (old) thread, above a few pages in length, that I've read entirely in one sitting for a long time. But having done so makes me feel like a newbie again

- I also read Cooney's translation of Jessica talking about Stars A Domicile, and I confess that despite what time it is I really really wanna look for the video and watch the whole thing

Tomorrow!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:15 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

- I hate the song Mademoiselle Juliette (and the video)
- I didn't know an English version of Amelie M'a Dit existed until very recently
- I haven't watched the Les Collines official video (yet)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

- I call my girlfriend by the nickname Lolita
- I have 8 ginormous posters of Alizée that are almost 2 meters wide
- I bought the psychédélices album, listened to it once, never played the cd ever again, and sold it.
- Moi Lolita is the first song I play on every new piano I buy , and I use the song as a benchmark when I try other people's pianos.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
- I didn't know an English version of Amelie M'a Dit existed until very recently
- I've yet to see the film Amelie
- I have a folder of 200+ pictures on my phone, good for whenever someone asks me who the girl on my phone's wallpaper is
- I haven't had any Nutella in forever
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road
Default Confessions

I’ve got the exact locations of Stars à domicile 2001 (Julia) and 2003 (Jessica) in Google Earth. The shoe shop “Jetho” at 298 Boulevard de la Plage (actually sadly now a clothes shop called Au Bonheur des dames) in Arcachon is on my bucket list to visit.

I follow Jessica on Twitter (as well as Alizée of course).

My screensaver is a slowly rotating “Alizée” in shiny 3D letters.

I’ve tried to learn the words to L’e-mail a des ailes but so far can’t.

Anyone sadder than this?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skungpoomery View Post

My screensaver is a slowly rotating “Alizée” in shiny 3D letters.

I've got that as well

Plus I've got MP3 clips of her saying "Hello" and "Bye Bye" and blowing a kiss, as system sounds for when I log into and shut down my PC

Plus I always play the Gourmandises album to accompany my workout.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Plus I've got MP3 clips of her saying "Hello" and "Bye Bye" and blowing a kiss, as system sounds for when I log into and shut down my PC
That sounds amazing.. if only I had the know how to do that.

I confess I haven't had an Alizée screen saver in years.

Black Swan was on TV the other day but I didn't watch it cuz I was catching up with forum posts DALS etc.

I still take naps with my hands in my pockets like Alizée did in Japan.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 11-20-2013 at 02:09 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM

daniel1985 is on a distinguished road

I watched En Concert all the way through for the first time ever the other day.

Boy what a joy that is to watch!

I became a fan back in December 2006 and was obsessed with her for about 18 months.

(Geez, I wish I had paid more attention circa 2001 / 2002 when moi lolita was on British MTV! Then again, who am I kidding! With my lack of internet knowledge (especially back then), I would probably still have missed out on En Concert.)

Then I lost interest for about 5 years. (Sorry, but I am one of those stuck in the past.)

Now I find myself watching her early years videos again. The image she portrayed makes me so happy.

She really filled a void in my life first time round. Now, there are some unpleasant things going on in my life and she is a source of happiness again.

I was gutted to find out that the early years were basically a manufactured image. Yes, I knew the performances were not truly representative, but to find out that the interviews did not truly represent her either...

I hate those tattoos. Every single one of them. Seeing her picture on the cover of Inked is like gettting stabbed in the heart.

I know she is not 16-19 anymore and that's fine. When I watch the teaser trailer for Danse Avec Le Stars and the Tour de France performance of Je Veux Bien - with the exception of the tattoos - The magic is still there for me.

I don't know why she has changed so much and to know that I will never get to see En Concert live hurts so much.

Why has she ruined her body? Why is the enthusiasm, stage presence and fan interaction (during her performances) largely gone?

She brought so many of us so much joy (and yes, I know for many still does) and if she wanted to, she could get rid of those tattoos and give all of us a near comparable performance of En Concert.

I look at other French stars like TAL and Shy'm - They sell so many copies of their songs and it is largely nonsense, but it is pop that works.
I really enjoy watching Shy'm - Et Alors (which I only found out about recently (Shy'm and Tal that is) and I think to myself: This is just nonsense pop, but... it works. It's catchy, her performance is full of enthusiasm and it is a joy to watch and listen to.

She needs to get back with MF / LB.
There is nothing wrong with Alizee experimenting with her own style and if she wanted to, she could easily sprinkle some of her own songs in to an overall pop album. The hardcore fans and UEDS fans would still have something to listen to, but she would be commercially successful again and she could do a concert tour for all to enjoy (Yes, I know I am dreaming! )

The fact is, as beautiful as she is (bar the tattoos) and as wonderful as her voice is... without MF / LB her career is struggling. I pray she goes back to mainstream eventually. I would hate for her to get dumped by Sony and fade in to obscurity, but let's be honest.... it could happen. A few thousand sales will not keep an artist signed for long. TAL and Shy'm are no way near as beautiful as the tattoo free Alizee would be. Go back to MF / LB, produce the TAL / Shy'm pop that will make money and make you popular and add some of your own songs in to the overall album, to maintain some artistic independence. How hard is that too work out?

Please don't hate me for this post. I know the majority do not share my views. I know I am stuck in the past. I know the early image is not the real Alizee. All I am trying to say is that she made me incredibly happy when I first found out about her, her early stuff makes me happy again now and when I see certain performances DALS / Tour de France I see the magic and potential still there and I just desperately want it back (the enthusiasm, smiles and fan interaction).

None of this makes my opinions right. I am simply expressing how I feel. You do not have to agree with me.

On another note:

For the record, my favourite videos are:

La Isla Bonita (the original early years performance)

L'email a des ailes (En Concert)

and her cover of France Gall's Ella Elle L'a (yes, the early years version again )

Tags
alizee, confessions, list