Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
Rap sucks nowadays ... 90's rap though is awsome
I dont want to turn this into a music thread but if there a one thing that i hate its metal how do people listen to it anyways
Alizée's fans seems to be the most diverse when it comes to their music tastes.

Me I can't stand Opera and Gangster Rap.

Classical, Jazz, Swing - Big Band, early country up until mid seventies, mid 50's through early 90's rock/pop, Blues, Motown, Hard Rock, Metal Rock, Glam Rock, Southern Rock, Country Rock, early Rap like the first ten years just to touch on the basics. I can easily go with a snap of my fingers from Abba and the Carpenters to Def Leppard and Judas Priest.

Back on topic, One of my employees daughters was into skulls when she was fourteen and fifteen. When she got to mid sixteen she started to grow out of it, and by eighteen she has turned into a major girly girl. So there is hope Alizée will grow out of this stage in her life.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Really? IIRC once she said that she dislike rap.
I believe she is. She definitely likes Jay-Z. She rapped herself, so she can't dislike it too much.

Maybe "rap fan" is too far, but she likes some.

Last edited by DrSmith; 07-02-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
I believe she is. She definitely likes Jay-Z. She rapped herself, so she can't dislike it too much.
Hmm, probably her music taste has changed over the years.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
So there is hope Alizée will grow out of this stage in her life.
I for one like to hope for things like her continued well being and happiness. Not for her to stop liking trivial things I may not like.

Honestly, first it was the tattoos. Now it's skulls. What is going to be the next " i hope she grows out of..." topic?

Last edited by BrianO1; 07-02-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
They celebrate Halloween the same day we do. Scruffydog we may have a Micheal Jackson situation on our hands. She is trying to get back her teenage years she lost between fifteen and nineteen. Add in geting married and being a young mother at twenty. We've noted many times how Alizée has shown immaturity in her actions for a woman her age.

I'll point out the "Japanese Animation character" she had tattooed on her upper arm. Twenty seven year old women normally don't watch cartoons let alone get the characters tattooed on their bodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
My prediction was the exact opposite. I think she might keep doing more on her right arm. Lili's latest tattoo (as far as we know) is a little Minnie Mouse next to her Sailor Moon… interesting that Kreayshawn has a Disney character next to Sailor Moon as well… is Alizée using her as a blueprint?
I should have believed everyone who said Alizée lurks these forums… Maybe I gave her that idea.

Above her wrist, Kreayshawn has Hello Kitty painted like a sugar skull. Back to the skull discussion, perhaps a likely future tattoo on Alizée : the popular Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull.
<br>
Problem is, Kreayshawn never had the looks of a Princess where as Alizee used to have that look.

It's one thing to wear shirts or scarves with skulls on them, it's quite the other to wear a bikini with one embedded in it. It just looks so ridiculous for a woman her age, but I think there is probably a lot of truth in what ALS has to say.

As far as rap, I don't really like it, but I don't have anything against it. With Alizee's rap song Mon Maquis, even though it's my favorite singer, I don't like to include it in my audio cds for the sake of listening to her voice, but I love to watch the performance, because I think she looked so incredibly beautiful the way she moved acrossed the stage, then danced in front of the drummer.

Actually I do include this song on my audio cds, but it's because I really enjoy the music of LB and as I said before, when I listen to her, I can picture her clear as day and I love the look she used to have.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-02-2012 at 11:29 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It just looks so ridiculous for a woman her age,
well obviously that's just your opinion. Since the bikini is a rather expensive designer item, I'm guessing their target buyers were not supposed to be tweens, but rather women Lili's age.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:38 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

What exactly do skulls represent. Just another thing that bikers,pirates,head shrinkers,witches,witchdoctors, luminati etc. were into along with tattoo's in the past. It's interesting that just about anything from the dark side is popular these days. I guess hanging with a symbol of death like a skull for example, could make you feel alive by comparison lol. Also on the bright side, you are always dressed for halloween. If it feels good do it or I used to believe that.Screw discernment or judgment of any kind. Values judgements are for close minded folks. Only the endoctrinated, I mean the educated know what's best and are so open minded lol. l
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I don't see the skulls as being childish or childlike, but that's just me personally. I don't really ascribe skulls in particular to any age group. Cartoon characters? Sure. Hello Kitty? That too. Not skulls. If you want to put a lot of thought into the skulls, think of what they commonly symbolize: death. That seems like a perfectly mature subject to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skull_symbolism

Again, I think she maybe just happens to like the way they look. I think they look cool too, especially the ones DrSmith linked - sugar skulls from the Dia de los Muertos. As others have pointed out, skulls appear on lots of fashionable items made for grown women like Alexander McQueen scarves, and the bikini in question with the skull on it. I guess that bikini might make for a funny skull-shaped tan line, but I think it's really cool.

I really don't see any reason to see the skulls as immature, tasteless or silly. Besides, it's her personal sense of style... it seems really wrong to me that we are trying to dictate what she wears and whether she gets tattoos. She does not belong to us and as a grown women she can wear what she wants. She doesn't owe us anything just because she puts herself out there as a musician for us to listen to, either. I'm sure you guys would be really sad if someone tried to tell you what to wear and called your sense of style a silly phase.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
It's interesting that just about anything from the dark side is popular these days.
That's because it's no longer considered part of " the dark side". Times have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post

It seems really wrong to me that we are trying to dictate what she wears and whether she gets tattoos. She does not belong to us and as a grown women she can wear what she wants. She doesn't owe us anything just because she puts herself out there as a musician for us to listen to, either.
And today's best post goes to..... AZHIRI!!!

Last edited by BrianO1; 07-02-2012 at 11:50 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I can't say I'm really into skulls or cartoon characters, but I like that Alizee is not afraid to wear what she likes. I see a lot of young girls and women trying too hard to look a certain way, whether it be classy, trendy, feminine, edgy, whatever. Alizee dresses rather simply and I think she has a pretty good idea of what looks good on her body and she never looks like she's trying too hard.

By the way, if you're a Mylene fan, you'd know she recently went through a huge skull phase and the woman is almost 50!