Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Alright dude , you want to turn this into a scientifical debate? I know that those "facts" are BS because i've been studying that shit for three bloody years, now give me the link of your documentary or stop making false statements...
The link? It was on the TV, the Discovery Channel. Check discovery.com and besides, although I quoted what they said it was meant as humor. Ok.. I'm tired of this petty bickering crap. I'm logging off this site forever. Take me away calgon. Gone..

Last edited by Davedel; 05-21-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
^ Dude, you turned this thread into a warzone... lighten up .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Alizeefan needs to go back on his meds.
Alizeefan is a female member here.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Him, her, it, whatever.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I made this point a year or two ago when I posted a link to an U.S. eighties all girl band who still tour called the Bangles. There is so much news and items for fans to see on their web page. These women are no longer youngsters and all are in their fifties and still doing shows. Their Facebook page has 36,191 Likes compared to how many does Alizée have? Their Web page also has so much more information on what they are doing and selling. The Bangles.com/

I'm going way off topic here, sorry. Related to The Bangles, there is a demo for Eternal Flame sung by Hoffs available for download here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...133#post238133

Well, the link for article with the download is in that thread.

Back on topic... Good news, bad news... There is nothing I can do about the critics, reviews, sales, or her career. I can't let myself get worked up over this stuff so I just let it go and enjoy the music and the good feeling I get from knowing about Alizée. I can only hope she has all the success she wants to have, and finds happiness in her own life.
But this is just how I deal with it.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 05-21-2013 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Getting back on topic
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

One factor that hasn't been addressed is the French economy really sucks and people just don't have a lot of discretionary income to splurge on items like CD's when you're trying to make ends meet as they say. The poor French economy is also a major factor in her CD sales as well as many other artists who've also seen their sales drop during these tough economic times.

I ran across an article yesterday the went into how really bad things are in France these days and the increasing exodus of the young and the successful out of the country for better opportunities. I would post a link but at the moment due to the premise of the article I'm waiting for permission from the Mods to whether I can post it over in Off Topic or not. The board has rules and I don't want to ruffle any feathers with this one.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One factor that hasn't been addressed is the French economy really sucks and people just don't have a lot of discretionary income to splurge on items like CD's when you're trying to make ends meet as they say. The poor French economy is also a major factor in her CD sales as well as many other artists who've also seen their sales drop during these tough economic times.
Actually France's GDP has increased of half a trillion dollars since 2000 and the "exodus" you're talking about can be explained by europe's change of education policies which entices more and more students to get experience in certain domains , abroad that's why thousands of french students are going to the germany and the UK each year just like thousands of spanish, italians , english or eastern european students are coming to france , thousands of german students to eastern europe ... etc. That's one of the freedom the European Unions introduces to euro students.

As far as album sales are concerned, the real problems come from the shift of the mindset in the general public , peoplejust stopped buying music and started downloading the stuff for free as soon as they realized what the Internet could offer ...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

lapinschous, they were not talking about students moving between countries for education opportunities. In this article were discussing the exodus of families, business owners and graduating university students leaving France for the sole purpose of immigrating to other countries for a better financial opportunity. The big change in students attitudes they discuss in the article is that the average university student no longer wants to work for a large company, instead they're looking at life as an entrepreneur and working for themselves. I'll PM you the link.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default In review...

Wow! This is one of the most interesting (i.e. funniest) threads i've seen in this forum in a long time! Pardon my French, but it also looks a lot like déjà __ing vu ! Merci à Lapinschous for bringing this to our attention and starting the whole ball rolling !!!!

Anyways, here's my picks for the highlights so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Oh no, you found some bad reviews of an album, it's not like you can find good and bad reviews of fucking everything right?
Quote:
Butthurt much? Face the reality, breh.
I hate to say it, but I think Alizee is toast.
French toast is one of my very favorite things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P♠N View Post
The sales figures are based on certain stores' willingness to share their data.
It does not reflect the sales in France. Only in some stores in France.
The numbers are for CDs only.
Does it surprise anybody that people buy less CDs now than they did in 2003?

The "album sales figure " does not reflect the fact that a large percentage of Alizée's audience is outside of France, thus buying their music outside of France.

Here's something else:
If 95% of Alizée's Facebook fans did not buy the album, that still means 30000 sales.

Apart from Alizée and her team, nobody has accurate sales figures; least of all French tabloids who certainly do not care about "informing the public".
P♠N, I agree with you, wholeheartedly, but: if this wasn't the digital age, she'd be okay? Same goes for linotypists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
"Alizée: Her comeback is a total flop !"
Don't call it a comeback , she's been here for years - ROCKING her peers .
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
Lapinscous, thank you for the translations.
While we all have our own unique feelings on this "critic" matter, I personally find it good to enjoy Alizée as much as possible. None of us can predict how things will turn out for sure, so enjoy the "here and now" here and now.
YAY C-4!!! Hi Stephen! Hope all's well, esp you.

Quote:
Here is the harsh reality of Alizee: most of her fans are only fans because they think she's pretty. Not because they like her music.

Euphoria, call me atypical then, because I'm a fan of her music, and because I think she's got the second most perfect singing voice ever. First goes to Françoise Hardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Try to enjoy good aspects of the forum rather than getting frustrated about everything which you dislike slightly.
Well, yeah, and hi, MA, but then - when does the fun start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
Let's face it.. the Alizee of old is no longer with us. Instead, we get one that doesn't live up to par.. mediocre at best. Hate to say it but it's true.
Yes, it's true. The queen is dead. Long live the queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
...So the fact is there will be a next album and I'm sure there will be many others too.. she's an established artist in her own right and that's a fact.
Françoise Hardy (see above) has been recording for over fifty years - since I was a baby! And now more inventive, powerful, and magical than ever. And Alizée's sure to do the same, si elle l'veut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Agreed. If it's Lolita you want then I can understand your mourning Davedel. But the rest of us have grown up along with Lilly and her music/style. For my part I'm 21 now, not the same 17 year old that was introduced to Zée.
Hi, Fall0! Belated happy birthday to you!! Boy you said it. I'm almost 52 now, not some 48 year-old kid like I used to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
its going here on really weird way...
OUAIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Yes, I agree. And 5 is a great final product, a good album even with all the problems and delays.
DOUBLE OUAIS!

Quote:
Karin I agree with your comments completely. (...) Yes we all like her twitter photographs, but she needs to do a lot more to get her message and "Brand" out to the fans.
(.....)
BTW, that might be a concert worth seeing, being the GoGo's are touring with the B-52's this summer. How do I know that because I saw it on their web page when looking for it for this post.
The B's and the Go-Go's? Aaaaaahhhh! Which band's opening?

Quote:
Thass rite. I have nothing more to say, it`s all been said quite well.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quinetiam is on a distinguished road

Euphoria is right, in matters of this post.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hi, Fall0! Belated happy birthday to you!! Boy you said it. I'm almost 52 now, not some 48 year-old kid like I used to be!
My birthday is in December but thanks Chuck, hehe