Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy298 View Post
You know, i don't think the new album is bad, but in my opinion her two previous albums were better. its just a matter of opinion, but i think if she was to sort of mix and match her styles together on her next (if there will be one) album. Such as one or two songs made with her former producers, as well as this new style shes taken up. That way she gets to make music that she finds more "her" that people will listen to because its on an album with a song as popular as moi... Lolita.

Don't get me wrong, im not saying that i don't like the new album, because its great. I'm just saying that (particularly her 2nd album) was much better than what she's recently put out.

I recently found out about Alizee while i was just minding my own buisness on youtube (about 2-3 months ago) then was delighted and pleased when i found out in just a few short months she'd be releasing a new album. I don't want to say i was disapointed, because i wasn't. I guess i was just expecting the same style of music.

But anyway, the point of this post was to just express i thought it would have been good if she had a few songs similar to her old pop style on her album in addition to what she did. i know she didn't think she was given enough artistic freedom, and that she was essentially a puppet, but maybe a mix with both styles could fix that feeling while still keeping her old fans hooked with the same good songs they were used to (as well as some great new good ones in a differant style of music)

Lastly, i just wanted to quickly make a comparison. Brittney Spears is currently 25 years of age, while Alizee is 23. You notice that American celebreties are freaking retarded, while europian stars are still shining. just another reason why i hate America, thought i'd add it to my first post so you guys get an idea about where i am coming from here. Alizee is truly an amazing singer/artist/person, and should be treated as such.
Oooooo, don't get me started on this, as there are a lot of military folks (active and retired) here. And I for one love America!

But you're entitled to your opinion, and the freedom to express that.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i just wanted to quickly make a comparison. Brittney Spears is currently 25 years of age, while Alizee is 23. You notice that American celebreties are freaking retarded, while europian stars are still shining. just another reason why i hate America, thought i'd add it to my first post so you guys get an idea about where i am coming from here. Alizee is truly an amazing singer/artist/person, and should be treated as such.
Hating America because of Britney Spears is like blaming the people of Germany for Hitler.
The good news is that many before you have made great sacrifices for you to voice your opinion and leave America if you don't like it.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 PM

Rey is on a distinguished road

Too lazy to read whole thread but... Par Les Paupieres sounds similar to her older work, therefor my favorite =D
Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Quite possibly! She's got me listening to Iron & Wine (whose music I'm really growing to love).

Honestly, I think I'm just reverting to my former tastes. Or, they never went away, and I just had a passing phase of liking a particular slice of French pop music. But the interest just isn't there for me anymore. I don't know why...
thats fine. everyone's entitled to their own tastes, opinions, thoughts, etc. its a shame for you, because i remember back when you were gitty as a school girl for Alizee, and now you're pretty much a no show on this site anymore. but oh well. you gotta move on, even if that moving on requires you to be a loser. thats just how its gotta be.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:51 PM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
yep, it's a little shocking, a french shouldn't say this against america
it sounds like a father saying that he hates his son, I mean this country exists because france decided to support their independence war
napoleon sold all the french territories at discount price to help this young democracy in the begining of the 19th century
there are so many links between those two countries, history, culture, language etc that it would be stupid to say that you hate america
of course there are things to blame, nothing's perfect there, but nothing's perfect in france too
many americans didn't subscribe to this crappy propaganda called "french bashing", I would say most of them
one of my friends who lives in mississipi really enjoyed pissing all those a*****ho*****s by speaking french all the time
her favorite joke was asking for FRENCH fries at the restaurant, I mean very loudly, believe me nobody even tried to bother her according that she's a tall cherokee/irish mixed girl
my neighbor's ancestor voluntered the army as a cavalry officer during the civil war , they still got the uniform at home in their village in balagna, he's kinda hero of the family
voilà
cheers
Old 12-04-2007, 03:01 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
hi
it sounds like a father saying that he hates his son, I mean this country exists because france decided to support their independence war
napoleon sold all the french territories at discount price to help this young democracy in the begining of the 19th century
there are so many links between those two countries, history, culture, language etc that it would be stupid to say that you hate america
of course there are things to blame, nothing's perfect there, but nothing's perfect in france too
many americans didn't subscribe to this crappy propaganda called "french bashing", I would say most of them
one of my friends who lives in mississipi really enjoyed pissing all those a*****ho*****s by speaking french all the time
her favorite joke was asking for FRENCH fries at the restaurant, I mean very loudly, believe me nobody even tried to bother her according that she's a tall cherokee/irish mixed girl
my neighbor's ancestor voluntered the army as a cavalry officer during the civil war , they still got the uniform at home in their village in balagna, he's kinda hero of the family
voilà
cheers
Whell I would say the whole culture thing, is what depends. I mean Alizée is from corsice wich from what I have heard is a village island with kind folks. Now america is more a big city nation wich adds some more attitude. But still you always got a choice. Britny just made a bad one.

And at the second part with the ancestor, cool I really enjoy reading about such things
Simon
Old 12-04-2007, 03:28 PM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Wink

hi
you can't blame a whole country because one of their singers has the strange habit to shave her head, it's completely ridiculous
I don't like stereotypes
voilà
cheers
Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lastly, i just wanted to quickly make a comparison. Brittney Spears is currently 25 years of age, while Alizee is 23. You notice that American celebreties are freaking retarded, while europian stars are still shining. just another reason why i hate America, thought i'd add it to my first post so you guys get an idea about where i am coming from here. Alizee is truly an amazing singer/artist/person, and should be treated as such.
I have one word (and an article) for you: The Libertines.

It's very easy to pick and choose your stars...but it's not necessarily accurate.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
thats fine. everyone's entitled to their own tastes, opinions, thoughts, etc. its a shame for you, because i remember back when you were gitty as a school girl for Alizee, and now you're pretty much a no show on this site anymore. but oh well. you gotta move on, even if that moving on requires you to be a loser. thats just how its gotta be.
I hit 1000 posts and didn't want to ruin the look of my post count.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
J.B.G. (James Bond Guy)

Stumpy298 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
hi
voilà
cheers

I'm from America and i suppose saying i hate America is a little harsh. i just feel like anywhere in Europe is much more interesting, and American pop culture is what i hate. I normally don't listen to music unless its from the mid 60's to the early 90's. in my opinion everything has sort have gone down hill since then (Excluding Alizee, of course )

America as a country is pretty cool.