Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road
Post What happened...

to all the people that bought the first two albums?

I mean, Gourmandises has sold over 4 million copies worldwide and Mes Courants Électriques has sold over 1 million. Yet, Psychédélices has only sold 200,000 copies so far. Did the public simply forget about Alizée after she took a break following MEC? So I guess my question boils down to this. Why was there such a drastic reduction in sales, I suppose not only with Psychédélices but with MEC as well? I'd appreciate your input.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
to all the people that bought the first two albums?

I mean, Gourmandises has sold over 4 million copies worldwide and Mes Courants Électriques has sold over 1 million. Yet, Psychédélices has only sold 200,000 copies so far. Did the public simply forget about Alizée after she took a break following MEC? So I guess my question boils down to this. Why was there such a drastic reduction in sales, I suppose not only with Psychédélices but with MEC as well? I'd appreciate your input.

Don't hate the player or the game, hate the game master ^!
Old 12-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Default Keepin' It Realer XD

1. The different style of music.
2. The long break.
3. The name Mylene no longer attached to her
4. Stupid management on the part of the record label (I can't stress this one enough )
5. France doesn't even know she made a comeback. (See reason 4)
6. Unfortunately, a lack of communication on her part
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

1. Different style of music? I agree. Many people, even in our own forum, was expecting their little Lolita to return.

2. The long break. Absence makes the heart go wander. The public soon forgets and moves on. There are many singers and bands that once filled auditoriums and today couldn't fill a phone booth.

3. The name Mylene no longer attached to her. That is a possibility. Mylene is considered an icon in France.

4. Stupid management on the part of the record label. I somewhat agree. RCA could have done a lot more. But then they were looking at her first two albums and En Concert. Remember, her concerts were not a sell out. As a business you have to ask yourself, 'How much time and money are we willing to invest?'

5. France doesn't even know she made a comeback. I disagree. She was on radio and TV promoting her new album. Remember her autograph session when her album came out? The line was out the door.

6. A lack of communication on her part. I disagree. It is the job of her agent and or RCA to get her name out.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

What about the difference in time on market, her first albums has been out for years whilst Psych only one year now. Gotta count for something. But I guess Mylene and her team did a tremendeous job hyping their albums, can't say the same about RCA...

Next album will be a different cake

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Those of us that truly love, admire, or however you personally define your attractive nature toward Alizée are still here and will remain faithful.
There are plenty of people in the world for Alizée to further conquer, if her management team does the right job.

Mylene and Laurrant are tops in their field and that is why they remain successful. You cannot argue with success such as they have accomplished. Certainly there must be others in the music biz that have the talent to accomplish similar successes from a marketing standpoint.

Last edited by C-4; 12-10-2008 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
Those of us that truly love, admire, or however you personally define your attractive nature toward Alizée are still here and will remain faithful.
There are plenty of people in the world for Alizée to further conquer, if her management team does the right job.

Mylene and Laurrant are tops in their field and that is why they remain successful. You cannot argue with success such as they have accomplished. Certainly there must be others in the music biz that have the talent to accomplish similar successes from a marketing standpoint.
The only reason I'm still a member is because of the friends I've made here. It's been a year since her last album and I have long moved on. However, I will say that I couldn't think of a better role model for young girls than Alizee.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Gourmandises: Wow!
Mes Courants Électriques: "Hold me".
Psychédélices: "Got a light"?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
The only reason I'm still a member is because of the friends I've made here. It's been a year since her last album and I have long moved on. However, I will say that I couldn't think of a better role model for young girls than Alizee.
boys too....except the dancing....and the outfits
Old 12-10-2008, 06:50 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Yep, Lolita grew up.

Alizee: Wowww!