Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
wow! that is sooo cool! thanks a lot Merci!!! Man she has spoken a lot more english than i originally thought. thanks and keep it coming guys!
Yeah, few lines in English, thanks at the end of some shows, some English while talking to people and that's all.

Remember the [2007-12-18] Toutaz-France video in which she signs autographs. There while talking to RMJ she asks her in English "Where do you come from" and he replies "Finland" and at least she understands all what others say in English.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 02-20-2010 at 02:03 AM..
Old 02-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Yeah, few lines in English, thanks at the end of some shows, some English while talking to people and that's all.

Remember the [2007-12-18] Toutaz-France video in which she signs autographs. There while talking to RMJ she asks her in English "Where do you come from" and he replies "Finland" and at least all what others say in English.
wait you have that video? Would you be able to post it on here? cuz that would be very cool. And that would be definite proof that she could speak english pretty well
Old 02-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
wait you have that video? Would you be able to post it on here? cuz that would be very cool. And that would be definite proof that she could speak english pretty well
Well why do you want to prove that she can speak English. She can definitely speak working English. I'm sure about that. Well this is the video, which I mentioned.

<center>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d39kCo5tsj8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d39kCo5tsj8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
</center>

Edit:

I think Ben would be best person to add more about the video as he was present in that time and we can see him too in the video.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 02-20-2010 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well why do you want to prove that she can speak English. She can definitely speak working English. I'm sure about that. Well this is the video, which I mentioned.
Well I don't really want to prove it. It's just until now I never knew she could speak English in sentences and stuff. All I knew about were her English songs. But thanks for the Vid And so yah I guess since all you guys are saying she can speak English that she can indeed speak Englishthanks
Old 07-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbel View Post
Thank you for your encouragement :-). Well, I know that my English isn't the same that the English of a native speaker, it's because of the way I learned it, as I explained you in my precedent message, and maybe because I don't use to express myself in English, it may seem too "french" in its structure ;-)... So, with the time, it will be better and better. More natural. And don't worry, I don't trust in Google traduction ;-). I follow my intuition and only after I verify.

I have a question : do you think that Alizée's accent is good in English ? Some critics say that it's awful, but I don't think it's so terrible. And, another question ^^ : what do you think of the english songs' lyrics ('I'm not twenty", "Limelight"...).
When Alizée speaks English, she has a heavy French accent, (which I adore, by the way ). When she sings in English she is close to perfect in her pronunciation, especially when it's a cover song, such as something by Madonna. Exceptions might be "H'" and "ING", and a few other little things that don't really matter. She must have learned Madonna's songs (and pronunciation) by ear, which may have made it easier to duplicate the sound. Working out the pronunciation to her own English version songs may have been much more work. Also, I think she did a great job on Limelight. When she speaks near the end, she sounds very much like an American. I think Alizée should be commended for her efforts.

In my opinion, the English lyrics Mylene wrote were a bit silly. I think the use of English in UEDS was much better executed. As a matter of fact, I was quite happy with the lyrics from both Psych and UEDS in general. I think I prefer them over much of Mylene's lyrics from MCE. I like a lot of Mylene's work, but I probably have a bit more appreciation for Laurent Boutonnat's musical contribution.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

<center>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d39kCo5tsj8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d39kCo5tsj8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
</center>

Edit:

I think Ben would be best person to add more about the video as he was present in that time and we can see him too in the video.
Oh man she's awesome.

"Where do you come from?"

I think I'm in love all over again. I had this under control for months. Thanks a lot.

Edit:

btw I can't believe that guy said, "I write to you every day..."

Jesus what was she even supposed to say in response to something like that? I mean I listen to her music and think of her everyday, but I wouldn't say that to her face.

AWKWARD.

But then again, being in her presence would probably mess a guy up. hmmm..

Last edited by Rictor; 07-18-2010 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Whoa, Ben got his picture taken with her?

Special treatment, or am I totally missing something?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
btw I can't believe that guy said, "I write to you every day..."

Jesus what was she even supposed to say in response to something like that? I mean I listen to her music and think of her everyday, but I wouldn't say that to her face.

AWKWARD.

But then again, being in her presence would probably mess a guy up. hmmm..
Dude, that's what I was thinking too. She probably thought "Damn, somebody needs to get laid."

Then again, my jealously is acting up again.

Last edited by wasabi622; 07-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 PM
A Contre Courant...

Friends say she looks "plain." Let me ask you this - IF SHE'S SO PLAIN, WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYONE LIKE HER? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Last date I went on the girl seemed OK at first, but then got into all this stuff about "Twilight" or some crap. She then started complaining about EVERY little thing in her life. I fled immediately.

YOU SEE? YOU SEE THE KINDS OF WOMEN HERE? WHERE IS MY LILLY?

Ahem...sorry.

I really should have taken French in high school. I had no idea it would ever come in handy. It would suck if I ever had the opportunity to meet her and ended up having to force her to converse with me in English...although her cute little accent would make me swoon.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
but then got into all this stuff about "Twilight" or some crap.
I will give a secret. Alizee likes Twilight.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulina View Post
I will give a secret. Alizee likes Twilight.
NO. It can't be. Proof?....or are you just pulling my leg?

*edit* Also - Lilly can get away with liking just about anything since we love her for about a thousand other reasons. But plain Jane annoying personality girl cannot get away with the same. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Rictor; 07-18-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Tags
alizee, english, les collines, limelight, video