Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
You are learning about every country in the world huh? Maybe you should buy an atlas and figure out how many countries there are in the world and then realize how what you just said is a foolish statement much like the thread you created!
well, I see you cant read... we learned about every country in elementary school. read before you write something

Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
well, I see you cant read... we learned about every country in elementary school. read before you write something
I guess you are not literate enough to read what you wrote, try again
Quote:
well... but possible unlike of the other countries, we were learning about each country in the world, more or less, but but we were...

if US would confuse your country with another on other side of planet, and would like to make a invasion, you wouldnt be surprised how could they make such stupid thing? :P

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
So you know most countries in your home continent .. wow you are super smart! Now do you know every country in Africa and South America? Oh you dont huh ... why is that?
You are comparing well known countries with populations in excess of a hundred million people to countries that have the populations of large cities. Do you realize how foolish of a comparison that is? It is NOT like someone confusing the US with Mexico and you lost intellect points in my book for even trying to use that as an example.
If some nomal person don't know the facts, he doesn't make offensive posts on twitter but check the facts, but what most people do now is that they just post very offensive posts without even knowing what they are talking about and they are very serious about it, that's the point.

And the reason why we are so anti-usa (we are not anti-american as you said) is that these stupid people who makes these posts don't bother to check if they are right or not, because most of them don't even think they could be wrong, most of them think usa (hence they) is never wrong, and that is the fact.

Stupid people are everywhere in the world but if you add US patriotism, poor education at some areas, and easy access to modern technology, you get the ultimate stupid person who thinks he is never wrong and spread his stupid ideas to the whole world.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Well it seems that in the media, more often than not it's the idiots who get interviewed, who get quoted.

I wasn't born in the US but I grew up there and received an American education, and I can tell you that there was no lack of Geography studies. In 9th grade, students in Fairfax County took World History And Geography I, covering early man all the way to the end of the Middle Ages in Europe, touching on many civilizations around the world, and geography was a part of every unit. Same with World History And Geography II in 10th grade, from the Renaissance to the present day. Unfortunately, not all counties in Virginia have the same amount of taxpayer funding as Fairfax, and the education may suffer a bit. However, one can't say that the education system in a smaller county isn't teaching kids that Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore, it all goes back to what I said at the beginning. Some peeps are idiots and can't retain that information.

If it helps, my old Government teacher Ms. Cable told us that most kids in Virginia don't know the names of our Senators.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I am starting to think that those posts in twitter had nothing to do with ignorance... I think they were written with irony and that got lost in translation...
I would love to have a look at them because they look just like a meme thing.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
If some nomal person don't know the facts, he doesn't make offensive posts on twitter but check the facts, but what most people do now is that they just post very offensive posts without even knowing what they are talking about and they are very serious about it, that's the point.

And the reason why we are so anti-usa (we are not anti-american as you said) is that these stupid people who makes these posts don't bother to check if they are right or not, because most of them don't even think they could be wrong, most of them think usa (hence they) is never wrong, and that is the fact.

Stupid people are everywhere in the world but if you add US patriotism, poor education at some areas, and easy access to modern technology, you get the ultimate stupid person who thinks he is never wrong and spread his stupid ideas to the whole world.
Then you are stereotyping a few people you see online to an entire a nation (a nation that is the 3rd largest in the world in terms of population) in which makes you sound unintelligent. You can honestly say America has all types of people since we are so large, that is why we are considered a "melting pot" however I prefer to call it a salad bowl of people!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

The hell is a Zcheckovakia?

'Merica
Old 04-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Our news are filled with screenshots from twitter, where people want a war with us or invasion. And why? cause they have really no idea, how look the world.

Perhaps this happens for two reasons. First, some people may not be the smartest people so they make tweets like this. Smarter people would not make such a tweet. Second, news here likes to show the things that will make people the most excited sometimes, and not always the full story. So there may also be tweets that are not so dramatic, but the news does not show them?

So maybe this is not how most people in US are, just the ones that tweet this way and get shown on the news to you. Maybe.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Perhaps this happens for two reasons. First, some people may not be the smartest people so they make tweets like this. Smarter people would not make such a tweet. Second, news here likes to show the things that will make people the most excited sometimes, and not always the full story. So there may also be tweets that are not so dramatic, but the news does not show them?

So maybe this is not how most people in US are, just the ones that tweet this way and get shown on the news to you. Maybe.
maybe... but Im watching 4 hours twitter, and there is no one normal tweet...

Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
maybe... but Im watching 4 hours twitter, and there is no one normal tweet...
Maybe normal people don't make tweets about this?

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 04-19-2013 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: making it more relevant