Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

She is not trying, she is not looking... she lost the last drops of music interest after DALS4. Blonde was just a chance for her (and Sony) how to make some money from her singing thanks her winning in DALS4, but thats all. They promised again collector box, remixes, mega tour and other things, but nothing happened... I think she and Sony already burried the album before its release...

We can talk her past 4 albums are nothing, but still I saw more enthusiasm in Psyche, UEDS and Cinq than by Blonde. Blonde is/was like a game when I choose cards and wait if I will win or not, but thats all...

Last edited by Lucas; 09-18-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

You guys are digging very deep into her career and music, and me as an outsider can't really talk about that.

I do notice the diferences between the first 2 albums and the last 3, but I have no clue who all the people are who she calaborated with. It came quite as a shock to hear she left MF and LB to start on her own. She wanted to discover her own music and sound and didn't want to stick along to much with all the succes of her first 2 albums. Despite how much I like the simplicity of some of her songs, and you can tell me I have bad taste, I do see the decline of her music career.

Her tattoo's, to be quite honest, don't help much with her image. To see her after beeing absent for 3-4 years full with tattoo's ruined my image of her. Yet, I stay with the piece of mind that she can do whatever she wants. There is no doubt her marriage with Mr Chatelain scared her, both in the media as in her private life.

I don't even know why I'm typing my thoughts... I haven't been around for that long to withness the new Alizée and my fond memories go back to the early days. I have no knowledge about the people she works with right now and, same as Alizée herself and the rest of the fanbase ( or what is left of it ) I'm not sure what way she should go.

Yes, maybe DALS gave her an immense boost, but that era is also long and gone and it lasted a short while. We already saw how fans of Gregory blamed Alizée for him leaving DALS, and I'm very very afraid Alizée is ( at this moment ) in a short state of depression.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

We appreciate your thoughts Paybays and everybody else's. You don't have to follow her every day to have an opinion. None of us are experts on her. I've been following her for 8 years now and I really have no clue as what's going on upstairs with her. I usually state my views very strongly because it's what I feel is going on, but have no real way of knowing. We all state our views and just about all of them are vastly different. Many of them and maybe all of them are wrong, but at least everyone can come here to discuss them in a respectful way which in the past, seldom was the case, but we're trying to make it the case now.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-18-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Still waiting for a serious acting career. She has got the temper.
Could be a nice way to be in the business waiting for more opportunities in music. Music in not so easy these times..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:37 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

I've been running along for 15 years and for the little information we got in the past Alizée has been okay under the wings of the top french selling female artist and an amazing producer of music.

Since she left the golden couple she has been trying to find her own music, and derail her populair pop-songs, now in the end she returns with her popsongs to only find out people liked her " new old " albums. I'm not a psychatric person or a doctor, but from what knowledge I have about different kinds of people, there is no mistake in the fact she is at this very moment confused in her heart and mentally.

I'm going to predict the future and see that Alizée will best of all be a mother for her child, and be a wife for her husband. I'm confused why she didn't start to give dancing lessons with Gregory, but apparantly she is taking a very big break right now from media and everything. Even tough her pictures can let us know she is doing well, behind that mask is a woman who is probably not sure if the world still needs her. She got a lot of shit over her with the Blonde Tour and I'm not really sure if Sony is going to coöperate with her. What if she is secretly sacked from Sony?

Which is sad... She has a very soft voice that I didn't hear much. I'm hoping right now she will give herself the time to recover from whatever she is dealing with mentally, and hope the fans she has that are true to her will support her and viceversa.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 PM

Anton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
Still waiting for a serious acting career. She has got the temper.
Could be a nice way to be in the business waiting for more opportunities in music. Music in not so easy these times..
But for someone wanting to succeed in acting, tattoos are a bad idea
Old 09-18-2015, 08:46 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
But for someone wanting to succeed in acting, tattoos are a bad idea
A lot of americans first row actresses have tatoos. Scarlett also have it . I mean there are ways to show or to show off them..But as a lot of people here just said the issue is lilli brain, right now. What does she really want to do?
Old 09-18-2015, 09:55 PM

Well there are so many factors involved into why we like a particular singer.
For a female singer there's
her voice
her looks
her personality
the way she dances
the way she dresses
the way she appears
how sexy she is
the little extras such as the way they react to the crowd ala waves or autographs

She was at the top of every category
Beauty; a unique beauty I used to say; a natural beauty with no jewelry and little make up.
Dancing- Who could dance with the same beauty and sexiness as her?
Voice; Her voice has undergone a lot of criticism. It's been enhanced at times. But I loved it live in En Concert and there's been only a few occasions that her best voice shines through but when it does, there's no other voice I'd rather listen to
Personality; again at the top of the list. She's made mistakes at times career wise that were probably brought on by her shy nature, but when ever she's been in personal contact with her fans, you couldn't ask for a nicer woman.

There were singers who were her equal on different levels, but to me there was no one who could come close when you combined all the levels. It really was a unique experience to watch her performances. I think you add in the fact she sings in a beautiful language, well that's just another plus to add something that was already unmatchable.

In my eyes she had no equal.

You take away the beauty with tats; you take away the music and lyrics of MF and LB. You take away the great outifits and dresses that she had in the early days; you take away the dancing which she for the most part she did herself and when she did dance, it was in outfits as with Blonde promotions that made her look pudgy; well you take away all that and there isn't much left. She's down to the level of so many other singers that we could care less if they had tats.

Still the potential is there. DALS showed us the dancing is still there. There have been numerous photos taken over the years that show us when the tats are covered, the beauty still shines through. The music and the songs have been the tough part. In some of her albums, they spent too much time promoting the wrong song ala Blonde. PLP was a song that was promoted too little too late. So many mistakes. But like I said the potential is still there. She just needs someone who knows what they are doing and she hasn't had that since she left MF and LB.

There has only been one singer in my long life who's been on a level much higher than anyone else when you take in the big picture and that is Alizée and though she's not the same girl she used to be, I'd love to see her at the full potential of what she's capable of.

As far as what she wants to do. I think she has outrun the benefits that DALS brought to her. Is there an artist, not to mention a record company that wants to work with her on an album considering her recent track record? I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it. As far as acting, she shot herself in the foot. Unfortunately, I think the only thing left, might be a dancing school in Ajaccio

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-18-2015 at 10:00 PM..
Old 09-19-2015, 01:29 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I've been a fan of many female pop stars, but have never been so enchanted as I have by Alizee. It's easy to find a singer who is more attractive and has a better voice, but for me Alizee is the one with je ne sais quoi. Pop stars come and go. I rarely notice their passing, but Alizee's absence is hard to deal with. She might be happy to get away from the business or even to leave it behind, but I suspect she is mourning what appears a dead career. She may have lost confidence in her ability to please the crowd and may be confused as to what to do next. She may be hurt by all the criticisms and fault finding. Having established herself as a star we can expect to see her surface from time to time as a guest on this or that TV show, but over all, I think the party's ended. I regret having discovered her so late in the game.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:53 AM

Here's an example of one of the mistakes I think she made. I put together this video for the song K.O. It's a great song; the best song of the album Blonde imho. Yet she never sang it once to promote the album! And in this video you get a good glimpse of what should have been. That outfit I'm quite sure is a designer outfit that MF probably paid good money for, but it's not that complicated an outfit. The thing is she looked good in it and one of the reasons she looked good in it was there were no tats to spoil the view!

Now she can still look very good on stage if she wears long sleeve outfits, but she just doesn't get it.

This song I think is also one that would've made for a great video. It was about boxing Muhammad Ali and with her kick boxing ability it was a no brainer. Yet the quality of this song along with the potential of a video was totally lost with her because the only thing she is good at as far as managing her career is running it into the ground. She is her own worst enemy in that regard and until she finds a good manager, another album would probably be just more of the same.