Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This face scrunch looks more like a wink. Or she has something in her eye. Most of her scrunches look deliberate, like she knows she is doing them. This one just seems to happen. Really cute.

It's at 1:10

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 01-29-2018 at 08:21 AM..
Old 02-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Does anybody have any idea who the mystery woman is at 3:15?

Alizee glances to her right at 3:13 before she turns, then the camera shows this woman.

When Alizee starts to turn back toward the camera at 3:24, she is looking back at the same spot for several gorgeous seconds.

Just a shot in the dark, but perhaps this woman is significant in her life, or just a random audience member? The angle of Alizee's glance compared to this woman doesn't seem to support that they were looking at each other.

In any event, the glance at 3:24 is very charming.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Does anybody have any idea who the mystery woman is at 3:15?...
I think it's only a random audience member but I could be wrong.

In this L'alize performance they cut to various audience members frequently. I have always liked this performance because she looks like she is having fun and throwing those little waves out.

Here is an original version of that file, without doctoring.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kw3...ew?usp=sharing

Back in 2014 she performed Blonde on a tv program La chanson de l'année 2014. The thing was that her performance was recorded the day before the show without an audience, but on TV there was a magical audience present. There is a bit of discussion about it here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7762

and an original HD broadcast capture (200+ MB)...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DxD...ew?usp=sharing
Old 02-02-2018, 12:37 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Does anybody have any idea who the mystery woman is at 3:15?

Alizee glances to her right at 3:13 before she turns, then the camera shows this woman....
I believe the woman is random. The camera operators look for people in the audience who are enraptured with the performance.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think it's only a random audience member but I could be wrong.

In this L'alize performance they cut to various audience members frequently. I have always liked this performance because she looks like she is having fun and throwing those little waves out.

If you look at 0:30 in the video, the people shown are friends of her.

Last edited by Rev; 02-02-2018 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-02-2018, 02:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
...........Back in 2014 she performed Blonde on a tv program La chanson de l'année 2014. The thing was that her performance was recorded the day before the show without an audience, but on TV there was a magical audience present. There is a bit of discussion about it here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7762

and an original HD broadcast capture (200+ MB)...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DxD...ew?usp=sharing
I wonder what the reason was for filming it the day before? I would think maybe she had another commitment because this was the time she doing a lot of promotional things for the album. The thought also entered my mind that maybe they were worried about what the crowd reaction would be during the show, but I don't believe that. I haven't been a big fan of the song Blonde, maybe because of the way it's been presented to us. But I thought this was a good setting which makes a difference and the dance routine was lively and I enjoyed it and I think if they had done in front of a live crowd, they would've been into it.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Watching Alizee in all these videos, she appears to enjoy the experience of singing before an audience. Which again raises the exasperating question, why did she give it up? I understand her albums weren't selling, but her audiences have always been enthusiastic. I think possibly the labor of finding new tunes, and the aggravation of getting the arrangement just right, arguing with everyone who has a different opinion, might be the reason. I wish she would just come out and say why she doesn't want to sing. Apparently, "stubbornness" is a Corsican characteristic, and Alizee prides herself on being a "true Corsican," thus she emphasizes that part of her personality. If this is so, it has done her career serious damage and vexed her fans no end.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

You know, I'd love to see new stuff from her, but I don't want to see her bomb.
Maybe that's what's better for her life at the moment. You know, dancing only/ singing the occasional cover. I think her first love was dancing.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Watching Alizee in all these videos, she appears to enjoy the experience of singing before an audience. Which again raises the exasperating question, why did she give it up? I understand her albums weren't selling, but her audiences have always been enthusiastic. I think possibly the labor of finding new tunes, and the aggravation of getting the arrangement just right, arguing with everyone who has a different opinion, might be the reason. I wish she would just come out and say why she doesn't want to sing. Apparently, "stubbornness" is a Corsican characteristic, and Alizee prides herself on being a "true Corsican," thus she emphasizes that part of her personality. If this is so, it has done her career serious damage and vexed her fans no end.
This guess is as valid as anybody else's.

I feel she is done as a solo artist. I feel she put a lot of faith in Blonde in getting her back on the map, and that failure, the fourth in a row, was too much for an ego to bear.

We all know she is superstitious. In that show where she meets Jenny, she used "lucky stars" twice. Once in the car describing her success, and telling Jenny it was her lucky stars that caused her to be selected. Maybe Alizee feels her luck just ran out.

I feel too many ex-fans have turned their back on her. She hasn't been the best at fan maintenance over the years. And what fans she has left are spread out all over the globe. It takes a lot of money and logistical knowledge to organize a world tour of any kind. I still wonder why she never was able to break into the US market, besides maybe the language barrier?

But, I am like you in that I wish she would just come out and say something. I would accept that her singing days are over. I think she should go into acting more. I think she has some good talent there.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

I agree with CleverCowboy about language barrier thing. If she was an instrumental music composer for example, like Vangelis or Jean Michel Jarre, it would be a lot easier to market her music abroad.

She will always have fans in Mexico and Russia for example, even if she became part of a quartet that played Bach and Ravel pieces while wearing kimonos. But the fact is that she is French and I believe they don't endorse foreign language learning as much there. Which in terms can limit one's own audience. I know she had some of her songs translated but she almost never speaks in English in interviews I've seen. Or in instagram.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Administrator

I have been wanting to ask if anybody knows if she knows any English? She has Forever Young tattoo in English. She sometimes wears shirts with English words on them. Also, in the Instagram posts by Annily, she comments in English. Seems like there might be some English understanding in that household.