Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I hear ya, and also feel bad for the hardcore fans who simply can't afford the Deluxe edition. Part of me wants to share the clip here for them, but I know that would mostly just allow those to watch who don't deserve it. The only consolation I can offer is that we'll all be hearing the same music soon. In your case, hopefully sooner than most.
Well yeah, I am going to beg my dad to see if he can order it for me today.
But now I'm so hyped up I can't think of anything else but her!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I really like it ! And yes, I was surprised to hear her singing in English.

I think it's a good idea to not draw too many conclusions about the whole album based on this one short sample. But I hope that she will have some songs which do not have heavily processed vocals, and with more interesting melodies. I am really looking forward to hearing the whole album.

Do we know this is a single, or is this an assumption? My feeling was this is one of the slow songs on the album and not necessarily a single. I would think she would not be giving us a peek at the first single in this way because it would steal some of the thunder from the official release.

Anyways, I am truly happy the way this whole thing is coming together. Much better than the Psych days, at least so far. And the e-mail from Team Alizée is a wonderful bonus. Hooking up with Opendisc may have been a great move for an artist who doesn't communicate too much.

All in all, I am very optimistic !!!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Do we know this is a single, or is this an assumption? My feeling was this is one of the slow songs on the album and not necessarily a single. I would think she would not be giving us a peek at the first single in this way because it would steal some of the thunder from the official release.
True, I guess it is an assumption. But I doubt they'd make a video for a non-single song. Yeah, that clip could go with any music, but it particularly fits this. Plus, awhile back they said we'd hear the first single in a few days, so dunno...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I couple of thoughts and responses:
==============
- I open up my laptop and hear "You have a new email from Alizée" and bout near shit myself
- It took me quite a while (I mean a WHILE) to warm up to the radical difference of Psychédélices...
- I haven't seen trippier stuff since the geometric monsters chased me when I took too much Nyquil
- Is this the actual music video? or a little sampler like the video for 5060? I quite hope it's the latter
- Is it really in English? or is it like I'm Not Twenty
- Not digging the electronica
-@Ben: don't post it, part of that fortune paid for our little treats along the way
-@Brad: Totally agree with ya buddy
-----

Overall impression? I'm going to go rock on my bed in the fetal position listening to Moi Lolita for five or six hours.

Honestly, I think she's strayed even farther from the path (in my mind, at least)
Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I like the instrumental...

But, it could be anyone on the microphone...you know what I mean ?

I don't recognize Alizee voice, Alizee lyrics, and Alizee language...

I'm not getting any engery from from it. Seems to be lacking a soul.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Ditto on not posting the snippet video or audio until the CD officially comes out at least.

The interesting game she is playing. Alizée knows that people that ordered the special edition, will be talking about these Email's on her fan boards.

It may cause more than a few fans to break open their piggy banks, and order it to be part of the small group who got in on it early.

Envy is a very strong motivator.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:13 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

Just listened to the snippet, and I've got to say...

I think this album is going to make us appreciate Psychedelices a whole lot more, that is if this snippet is representative of the entire album.

This is coming from the guy who's favorite album is Psychedelices.

Look, I don't mind electronic music, or techno, as long as it's creative, and the composition has integrity to the genre it belongs in.

But if this entire album is not going to have a single amount of what made her previous three albums (techno but with guitar riffs and actual drums rather than beats) awesome, then I'm going to be truly upset.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

im not suprised at what it sounds like... i need more to actually make a judgment...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

I like it but I'd like to hear more (of course!). It's like that 1 minute snippet of 50/60 that leaked early, it's hard to judge.

I'm most happily surprised that they actually did something for those of us who ordered. It's a nice change from the newsletter I signed up for and never received. Like someone else said, I almost s*** my pants when I got an email from Alizée.

Quote:
Hello Ross,

As a way of thanking you for pre-ordering 'Une Enfant du siècle', Alizée wants to offer you an exclusive video snippet of the song 'Limelight'.

Just click the 'Connect' button below to see it now.

More Soon!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbeam View Post
I like it but I'd like to hear more (of course!). It's like that 1 minute snippet of 50/60 that leaked early, it's hard to judge.

I'm most happily surprised that they actually did something for those of us who ordered. It's a nice change from the newsletter I signed up for and never received. Like someone else said, I almost s*** my pants when I got an email from Alizée.
man 50/60 sounded soo amazing i had high hopes for pysch...then it came out and the rest of the album sounded bleh...

---------------------------------------------------