Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Amazon.fr

I learned my lesson from the UEDS Special edition. The shipping all the way from Europe is not cheap.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post

I learned my lesson from the UEDS Special edition. The shipping all the way from Europe is not cheap.
when i buy cds/vinyl for many of the bands i like, most of them are from europe. i feel your pain.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I'm still trying to get my ĀCC single, now I gotta get this too
i don't own a single...single... so yeah :P

Last edited by Människöpesten; 05-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
when i buy cds/vinyl for many of the bands i like, most of them are from europe. i feel your pain.

Edit:

i don't own a single...single... so yeah :P
Ouch dude, me I've only bought the first 4 album releases and UEDS box from there.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yep, a single is basically a song the artist releases for play on radio. The only way singles matter to us Americans, there are two reasons: 1- for those who buy them (very few I imagine), there will be the single released on a disc with maybe remixes and instrumentals; 2- there will most likely be a music video. Since she isn't on U.S. radio, so we have no chance of hearing her songs, new single or old. But I had intially hoped, with my first listening of this album, that FG would be the next single. Most of the other songs don't seem like they would be appropriate on the radio, good as they are, but they are just not radio songs. Well, EE might, but certainly NOT UFD, ACF, LL, or GC. Also, how often do you actually see singles for purchase? They are not in any music shop I have ever been in, which is practically every one in central VA. As for La Candida being too short, it is barely any shorter than the radio edit of MJ. She wouldn't be hurting her career by releasng this as a single, since her largest fanbase is Mexican anyways. And France is far more accepting of foreign languages than America is. It would defnitely give her a unique edge.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:41 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

the single is the song that they are promoting at the time and a music video is made for most singles.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:36 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Yeah it's the music video that's got me excited about the next single. The Les Collines MV was artistic brilliance! Low-budget but a million times better than the $10,000 trash most mainstream pop artists are putting out these days. As far as buying singles goes, the only time I ever buy individual songs is when I love the song too much to wait for the album to come out, so I buy it on iTunes while I'm waiting for the CD of the album to become available.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 AM
lehua768

Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.
Once the album is released, depending on it's early success, several more singles are released. These are popular songs on the album that are sold as a means of promoting the album it is from, which is on sale simultaneously.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehua768 View Post
Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.
Once the album is released, depending on it's early success, several more singles are released. These are popular songs on the album that are sold as a means of promoting the album it is from, which is on sale simultaneously.
Given that UEDS managed to sell only about 6000 copies, I am not sure we will be getting a new single, atleast in France. At present, La Candida seems to be the best option to try to capture Mexican market.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Given that UEDS managed to sell only about 6000 copies, I am not sure we will be getting a new single, atleast in France. At present, La Candida seems to be the best option to try to capture Mexican market.
Yeah sadly we might have to face that. But as far as I see it, she has every reason to release another single because one of the reasons the album might not be doing so well is through a lack of promotion. Indeed most of the French reviews of UEDS I've read praise it greatly, so this suggests that the comparative lack of sales isn't to do with the quality of the music. Maybe another single would be a good way to continue promoting it, especially if it came with some TV performances.
If she did choose La Candida, I think she'd have to go all the way with Mexican promotion (ie Mexican visit/TV interviews/performances) in order to fully gain the possible benefits of a Spanish single.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:04 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

La Candida wouldn't be too surprising. NLY was half English. I think the French public ís far more accepting of foreign music than America. Problem is, LC is FAR too short. It has absolutely no bridge. It barely passes the two minute mark. I don't think that would affect it too much, but for me, that is a bigger problem that it being Spanish.