Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-13-2016, 09:19 AM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

Hello Scruffy

After lurking in this Forum for some years I finally decided to write. I would also like to participate in this gift for Alizée and Gregoire. I think this store is a good idea.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto681 View Post
Hello Scruffy

After lurking in this Forum for some years I finally decided to write. I would also like to participate in this gift for Alizée and Gregoire. I think this store is a good idea.
Thanks leto681. Your participation would be welcome. It will probably be a few days before we hear from everyone if they are okay with this latest proposal.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Here's some images when I was trying to come up with a good folder for the autograph session. I've been thinking it probably be best to leave a flag out completely?

Attachment 1346
It looks like a card idea to go along with the gift is back in, though I hope we can get this done in a timely manner, but keeping in mind that this latest idea is okay with everyone.

Attachment 1361

With the images above, I had proposed maybe using the Alizee America letter head as I call it on a card, but that is not cast in stone. I mainly suggested that because I had hoped if she had visited this forum before, she readily recognize it, but after saying "Hello to Alizee America" three times, I think she knows who we are by now.

So the main thing is to make the card look good with of course "Alizee America" being on there in a nice font such as the one I used on this Pray for Paris picture and as with this PFP picture, I'd like to do a similar thing with the flags so they'll know we have members from all over the world.

I was also thinking about 'if' we use a picture on the card, what kind of picture to use. A wedding picture might not be a bad idea. One other thing I thought of is I believe there were pictures of the three of them standing at the beach, looking out at the sea and I thought of maybe using something like that, except in silhouette, looking out at the blood islands, maybe using a picture Jo has posted.

Attachment 1362

Another idea I'm toying with is whether to include names; either nick names or real names. Now as far as I'm concerned, I know we've had a lot of members over the years who've been loyal members who weren't in a good position to donate. Whether they donate doesn't mean a thing to me. All I want to know is if they support the idea. I wouldn't want to use their name otherwise.

I'm certainly not a very artistic person by nature so feel free to offer any ideas concerning a card.

I added a picture I had put together very quickly for Valentines day just as an option of different things we can do.

Another idea I thought of was maybe a collage of photos from DALS and other events after.

pfp.jpg

VAlentines day alizee and gregoire final.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-28-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 07-13-2016, 05:23 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Valery's Table looks good to me.

I stumbled on an interesting bit of data: Annily was baptized in the same church as Napoleon Bonaparte.

Last edited by Shepherd; 07-13-2016 at 05:36 PM..
Old 07-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto681 View Post
After lurking in this Forum for some years I finally decided to write.
Welcome to the forum leto681!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Chez Paulo received an answer from Alizee and for those who didn't see this discussed earlier, Chez Paulo sent Alizee a message asking her to recommend a store for a couple she knew, not revealing the real reason was to find a place for us to get her a gift. Alizee recommended a furniture store called 'La table de Valerie'. I went to thier web site where they have a video available of the products they offer and I liked what I saw and I'd like to get others opinions. This store is a little over a mile north of the main square in Ajaccio, a little past the area where Madam Muffragi's dance studio is for those of you familiar with it.
So look it over and see what you guys think. If we're all in agreement, then we'll move on to the next step in order to get this done.

http://www.la-table-de-valerie.com/m...ration-ajaccio
http://www.la-table-de-valerie.com/video
That video is impressive. This seems like an ideal choice.

I would be okay with including all members of the forum on a card, not just those who are contributing. I think it should be up to individual members whether or not they are identified. Personally, I do not wish to be named in any way but I'm sure some members would like to be listed.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:57 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I agree. Good choice of location. Count me in.

Not sure what you have for contact info. May be out of date. Please PM me if necessary.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:37 AM

I think including all members on a card would be difficult or at least time consuming to do. I thought of maybe just putting just members who have been active in the past several months, but that might be too few. Another thought would be to add to the list of people who have been active in the past several months, those who posted messages in the Pray for Paris thread which would bring it up to a better level.

But I also feel the way Ray does that I don't really care if my name is mentioned and would be okay with just putting from "Alizee America", but want to know how others feel. I would like to do a similar thing with the flags that I mentioned before that all our members have come from over the years or maybe just using the country's name s so Alizee will know our members come from all over.

Alizee will be going on one of the dancing tours on 7/23 and be gone for a week so if that's when our card gets to the store, I would probably ask them to hold onto it for a week.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

If my name was on the card, it would mean absolutely nothing to Alizee. It would have as much meaning to her as a name in the phone book listed with a million other names. So, I don't care about the names.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:30 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A wedding is about family. People. Not organizations.

I'm sure that a card signed "Ajaccio Solar" would be impersonal. It would not have the same impact as that title followed by 40 names.

It almost does not matter what the names are. It just matters that they are there.

Also, first names (or preferably first names plus last initial) are much better than handles.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:55 AM

My latest thoughts on the subject especially after not being able to devote as much time to this as I'd like to, are to maybe just buy a store bought card and on a inner page, I will attach a picture that says something like "Congratulations from your fans at Alizee America.com". I had suggested maybe using our "letterhead", but I'm thinking differently now and maybe just saying it's again from "Alizee America" in a very nice font would be enough.

One thing I do feel strongly about is putting in the picture, flags of all the nations are fans have come from over the years. We've had a lot of great members from other countries and I want them to know that are members are not just from 'America'.

I stopped at a store this morning and here's one I think might fit the bill....

wedding card 001.jpg

Wedding card inside 001.jpg
Old 07-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Creative Stuff Member

Steve_RMX is on a distinguished road

Maybe something like that with the AA Logo ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding_card.jpg (45.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Steve_RMX; 07-15-2016 at 10:33 AM..