Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
et voilà
Thanks for posting Ray! There's something nostalgic about this clip but I can't quite put my finger on it, I wonder where in London it was shot?

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Thanks for posting Ray! There's something nostalgic about this clip but I can't quite put my finger on it, I wonder where in London it was shot?
MC Motors, a 6,000 sq/ft East London warehouse available for filming, photo shoots and events.
28 Millers Avenue, Dalston, E8 2DS

http://www.castlegibson.com/locations/mc-motors/

Old 09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

I don't know why I get so pessimistic sometimes, but maybe someone can help me see how this clip will benefit Alizée in the big picture. It's a nice video, and she's proud of it and we love to see it. I can't stop thinking it's all just a ploy by Chris Marques to cash in on his YouTube channel with advertising revenue. Sure, he is the content creator so he deserves anything he gets from it. Is this what entertainment has come to? Post something on YouTube, get fans to advertise it for free, and collect the check?

Sorry to be so negative. This (putting the fans to work) just bothers me for some reason. What am I missing this time?
Old 09-18-2016, 01:44 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't know why I get so pessimistic sometimes, but maybe someone can help me see how this clip will benefit Alizée in the big picture. It's a nice video, and she's proud of it and we love to see it. I can't stop thinking it's all just a ploy by Chris Marques to cash in on his YouTube channel with advertising revenue. Sure, he is the content creator so he deserves anything he gets from it. Is this what entertainment has come to? Post something on YouTube, get fans to advertise it for free, and collect the check?

Sorry to be so negative. This (putting the fans to work) just bothers me for some reason. What am I missing this time?
Well I guess we have to face reality here. I'm sure she'd be quite happy if the opportunity for another album never arises. Financially she's probably all set with the money she's made from DALS and all the different tv shows in the past few years. I think they still have plans to start a dance school in Ajaccio which will probably be enough to meet her needs, especially now that there is another bread winner in the family. I think she also got a very bad taste in her mouth as far as putting out another album with all the failures she's had.

But as I said the other day, there is still a lot of potential there and with this video doing well, I think it will show other labels that there is a good amount of interest in her and them, but dancing itself wont be enough to fill the bill. If someone approaches her, they will want her to sing. I think she will be approached now that apparently she is no longer with Sony. Who knows if she will accept. But if something like that is to happen, it will probably have to at least get it's start within the next 6 months.

Again, there's only so much they can do with dancing. Even with another DALS tournee appearance for both of them if by chance that happens, I think interest will wane, so it has to happen soon. If a video like this does well, it could provide just the stimulus another label might need to approach her. So for the time being, even though I often get discouraged myself, I'm going to do all I can to promote her.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:56 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I'm not clear as to how she could make any money off this dance video or how it will advance her career. There must be a way. They have invested, time, energy, and some money into this project. They would obviously have knowledge of the entertainment business that I'm not blessed with. It does give them some exposure on the Internet.

168,839 views after only 6 days online, that's not bad.

Last edited by Shepherd; 09-20-2016 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 PM

Well I was kind of hoping that now that she's apparently no longer under contract with Sony, she was hoping this video would do well so other record labels would be more interested in approaching her. But I think it's more likely that she wants it to do well so it be more likely TF1 would bring her back for another Tournée.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I have to say that I think Chris made a poor choice of the venue. It doesn't fit her. An old, run-down building simply doesn't match everything about the music and the dancing.

Last edited by Rev; 09-21-2016 at 12:38 AM..
Old 09-21-2016, 01:34 AM

Well it wasn't really a great choice of venues; but it wasn't a poor choice. At one point, I think it took kind of a sexual and in that case interesting turn. But that's something that's been so lacking in the Sony era and a big reason for her many flops. She is stuck in a world devoid of reality. Thinking that a Disney world will attract fans and having no clue as to why her early career under MF was such a success and the many years that followed had zero interest to the public.

The main bad choice that was made here was it was a type of dance that was all too familiar with us from the Tournée. I'm surprised it's done as well as it has. I think that's and attestment to how much appeal they have. If they had come up with something original, they probably could've come up with at least triple the views they've had so far..
Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Last Fan Standing

These days it takes a lot to make money in the music business, and with Alizée's traditionally thrifty fanbase, that just isn't a smart direction for her to go. Getting views on YouTube isn't going to sell albums for her. YouTube is probably why her album sales fell off so much. No reason to buy when it's all right there.

The dancing tour is the big money-maker. I doubt she can get in again because the fans of the tour will expect to see the more recent participants when they pay to attend.

Still, I can't see the strategy behind Chris Marques (who I think pretty much runs the French DALS franchise) creating this clip and choosing now to release it. I'm wondering if A&G were paid to make this, or were required to under contract. I'm curious to see what it's leading to, if anything, or if it's just a way for Marques to mine some cash from YouTube ad revenue.

Alizée hasn't been very active on social media for some time, and her current surge to support the YouTube clip seems compulsory to me. I think it could prove beneficial to her to maintain an active presence with the fans, but she does things her own way so I'll just stick around and see what comes next.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:25 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee's record sales have been declining since her second album, and the last one was a disaster. Her singing career has been a loser for Alizee personally, entailing hard work and considerable stress which hasn’t paid off. On the other hand, dancing with Gregorie has been a magical experience. She won the DALS competition and fell in love with a guy who has bolstered her confidence and self-worth. She loves dancing and has obviously been having fun. I think she is now trying to preserve that experience indefinitely by replaying the record. The problem is that she can’t replay it for long. Dancing is professionally a dead end. When a dancer enters his thirties, he’s facing the door. Really good dancers are a dime a dozen, and the best are teenagers. With time, the excitement of romance fades, and the repetition of the routine grows tedious. Alizee and Gregorie could comfortably support themselves giving dance lesson for the rest of their lives, but would so mundane a life be satisfying for someone who has flown with the eagles?

And where does all this leave her fans? Her disappearance from the scene is like a death in the family.

If she were to decide to cut another album, I’m sure she could find a small label that would be delighted to have her. The toughest problem appears to be a lack of artistic direction. Urban music won’t work for her, nor—I think—hold any appeal for Alizee or her fans. She could do quite well with music similar to the song she sang in the talent contest when she was fifteen or music like Lilly Wood And the Prick’s – Where I Want To Be. If that would be a direction she’d be willing to go, the next truly difficult task is finding a dozen good tunes. If she decided to record a Spanish album, it might be easier to find tunes and financially that album would do quite well.

She doesn’t have to cut a whole album. If she could find one excellent tune and make a decent video, that could restart her career. It would get her TV appearances and attract investment. And we’d be off to the races.

Last edited by Shepherd; 09-21-2016 at 09:35 AM..