Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

That squeaky clean 'girl next door' image was the byproduct of Mylène Farmer. Mylène had a stroke of genius when she turned a girl who could sing and dance and made her into a pop mega-star. She guided Alizée every step of the way. What songs to sing, how to dress and even how to conduct herself during interviews. She was loved all over Europe and adored in Japan. Suddenly, the music stopped.

Three years later, Alizée returned with a whole new image and a whole new style. Gone was the sassy short hair do. It was replaced with longer shoulder length tresses. Gone was the strategic interviews. This girl shot from the hip and let the chips fall where they may. We weren't sure how to take this new Alizée but we were willing to keep an open mind and open heart. Were we in for a surprise!

She returned in 2007 with a new album entitled Psychédélices which was written by her husband Jérémy Chatelain. Our open minds turned into open mouths. What the hell happened? We were now seeing the real Alizée. She surprised everyone with a larger than life Tinkerbell tattoo on her back. Unfortunately, not everyone accepted the new Alizée, but we gave it the wait and see. During interviews she was beautiful and charming (a lesson learned from Mylène), but she let us know where she stood and the direction she was heading.

Today it seems her success is being overshadowed by her growing number of tattoos. At least that seems to be the concern of some members of Alizée America. I don't understand why we equate good looks with talent. It was said that if Abraham Lincoln would run for president today he would never make it. He was ugly, tall and skinny. It is sad that we live in a society where a person has to be marketable before they can become successful. Many recording artists back in the hey days of radio were successful by their voices only.

I realize that the concerns are written out of love of our Lili, but we must realize that this is who she is. If her next album goes down in flames, then, at least she will go down as who she is: The real Alizée!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

As with all celebrities the personna they project is the one they want you to see. It is no different with Alizee. None of us really have a clue what makes her tick or who she really is. Not even the tattoo's spell anything out. The only time any fan gets any real evidence of what is really going on with a celebrity is when they are no longer in control, crashing and burning with drugs or the pressures of celebrity life or a multitude of other traumas that any human may experience.
In my heart of hearts I still believe that Alizee is a special person, but in order to keep my interest her next album will have to be kick ass! Frankly her projected image of late is getting very boring and increasingly painful to watch. I don't buy the BS that she is happy on many levels if any. I had a life long friend commit suicide. I had gone to highschool with him and had known him for years. He projected this facade of being positive and upbeat and was obviously not that on the inside. I didn't have a clue that he was suicidal.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Tattoos are just sign of the times.. many celebs have them these days, including some who Alizée also admires along with millions of others.

Well here in the UK a singer recently went straight to NO:1 in the charts just after her sextape was leaked! So as far as Alizée's carreer is concerned.. I doubt a few tattoos will be a problem.. they could even appeal to many!

I've always loved her beautiful skin though! We all know beauty isn't just skin deep and Alizée will always be Alizée and have that gift from the sky that makes her beautiful too, but I think she has enough tattoos now though.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
This is what I'm worried about. It might not seem like a big deal but the tattoos can hurt promotion for this very reason. If she decided to cover them up, it would cost extra money/time/materials to conceal the tattoos with makeup or photoshop them out. This makes me wonder how seriously she is taking her career as a singer/performer at this point, because unless she plans to incorporate the multitude of tattoos into a new image for the album, this could fare badly for promotion or even public rep.
You're right about the extra cost of time and money it would take to conceal them, and it definitely does create new obstacles for her. Here is a poor example but I think it illustrates that point to some degree: Pro Bodybuilder Lee Priest had an amazing career and was one of the youngest bodybuilders ever (aside from Arnold) who started winning major competitions at as young as age 17. His career was still fine after getting one or two tattoos, but after a certain point, it was just TOO MUCH and his career took a major dive. It got to the point where even with makeup and all that coverup crap, it no longer helped to conceal it. And when you're a pro, your body IS the product that you're marketing. And I hate to say it, but ANY celeb who has to make public appearances has to have a presentable image in order to be successful. The ones who can have many tattoos and still be successful are typically the ones who either 1) have so much undeniable talent that people respect them no matter what, 2) had tattoos wayyy before they ever became a star, or 3) have a big enough clout that getting tattoos does nothing to diminish their star power.

Example: Madonna, known for pushing the envelope, would still have a big fan base even if she got a few ugly tattoos. Justin Bieber getting a Mike Tyson facial tattoo would destroy his career, which is something that I hope happens within the week.

Alizée is our girl and we love her, but her clout isn't big enough to take too many hits like that. She will definitely lose fans if she continues to get additional body art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I still think people are underestimating this point. All signs are pointing to her getting many more tattoo's while her inner circle doesn't object.

We know about gateway drugs but there are also gateway friends. Duckface Dancerman appears to be one and we are probably seeing the results of his impact. I'm curious what else he does and who his friends are because that would be just another gateway friend.

There are also gateway locations, like tattoo parlors for instance. I'm not doubting how nice the people are but you can bet their personal lives are different than people you meet at a dance studio. The more time Alizée spends getting tattoo's the chances of her meeting a real problem person goes up. Heck all she has to do is show up at the wrong party.
She needs new friends, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
To me, your job is irrelevant when you have tattoos. I absolutely DON'T think tattoos make you a "bad" person, but I think it shows rather...questionable judgment. I consider tattoos to be graffiti on your body, not "art." If you love art, buy a freaking painting or something. It's odd to me that people would rather wear something on their body that they wouldn't hang in their house. I'm no psychologist, but every person I've known with tattoos had low self esteem.
This might just be the insomnia talking but...some of that actually made sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
That squeaky clean 'girl next door' image was the byproduct of Mylène Farmer. Mylène had a stroke of genius when she turned a girl who could sing and dance and made her into a pop mega-star. She guided Alizée every step of the way. What songs to sing, how to dress and even how to conduct herself during interviews. She was loved all over Europe and adored in Japan. Suddenly, the music stopped.

Three years later, Alizée returned with a whole new image and a whole new style. Gone was the sassy short hair do. It was replaced with longer shoulder length tresses. Gone was the strategic interviews. This girl shot from the hip and let the chips fall where they may. We weren't sure how to take this new Alizée but we were willing to keep an open mind and open heart. Were we in for a surprise!

She returned in 2007 with a new album entitled Psychédélices which was written by her husband Jérémy Chatelain. Our open minds turned into open mouths. What the hell happened? We were now seeing the real Alizée. She surprised everyone with a larger than life Tinkerbell tattoo on her back. Unfortunately, not everyone accepted the new Alizée, but we gave it the wait and see. During interviews she was beautiful and charming (a lesson learned from Mylène), but she let us know where she stood and the direction she was heading.

Today it seems her success is being overshadowed by her growing number of tattoos. At least that seems to be the concern of some members of Alizée America. I don't understand why we equate good looks with talent. It was said that if Abraham Lincoln would run for president today he would never make it. He was ugly, tall and skinny. It is sad that we live in a society where a person has to be marketable before they can become successful. Many recording artists back in the hey days of radio were successful by their voices only.

I realize that the concerns are written out of love of our Lili, but we must realize that this is who she is. If her next album goes down in flames, then, at least she will go down as who she is: The real Alizée!
I agree with this. And actually, I was in denial at the time when the Tinkerbell tattoo wall hit me like a punch in the face. It really should have dawned on me that her early image was just a marketing gimmick, but I chose to believe that the 2000-2004 version of her was the real her. I really didn't know how to react to the 2007 Psych Alizée, but I think that all her recent activity is helping to ground me a bit and I can finally begin to let reality set in. That being said, I still miss the Mylene-manufactured version of Alizée. It was a wonderful dream; a fantasy, but it gave me a blueprint as far as what qualities I'd like in a woman. And for what it's worth, I don't think ALL of it was manufactured. Alizée MIGHT in fact be damn close to being as sweet as she projected herself to be.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
I don't understand why we equate good looks with talent.
In other words, give a geek a chance.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
In other words, give a geek a chance.
Haha

Luckily for Alizée, she has both the looks and the talent. Plus, there's that intangible, special quality she has that just...makes me swoon. How does she do it?

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

So her new tats is located in her right shoulder, not hand as I previously thought.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

That's a big tattoo.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:32 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
That's a big tattoo.
It is. But, it can easily be covered.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road