Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post

As others have stated (and I as well on the 19th of April, 2009), the lighting was a factor in Lili's appearance. There seemed to be alot of blue color in the lights, resulting in more of a pale look. As you can see in the rehearsal photo she has a more natural skin tone overall.
I did do some color and contrast correction on the banner. Maybe too much? Here's the original:

Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I did do some color and contrast correction on the banner. Maybe too much? Here's the original:

Even though I prefer the way she wore her hair during the MCE era, this is not a bad hair style. One thing that takes away from her beauty during this concert is the outfit. Definitely too grayish, too dark, it does nothing to accentuate her beauty, only hides it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

If she had kept her natural hair color or as other have said the lighting has a big effect on the shade also. That shot of her sitting on the bar stool at rehearsal is the best shot. Her hair is lighter in shading and looks closer to her natural hair color.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I’ve always been more partial to the MCE era styles too. They seem to be more natural, loose and flowing. This new style has a shape that seems more rigidly defined, almost “artificial”. My own personal feeling is that Alizée looks her best when her hair and makeup appear more “natural”, because it seems more in line with her natural beauty. As far as color goes, she has had dark hair in the past that looked great to me. I think it really depends on the style. Look at the Fun TV interview or her Ella, Elle l'a performance. It was pretty dark then.

From Alizée's perspective, I'm sure she just enjoys changing it from time to time. She seems to change it for each single released, as if she's looking for a new look for each song. When her new album comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be changing a few more times...
you said it the best there lefty. i also think that she looks much better with a natural feel, rather than a heavily defined look. i prefer it when she wears less makeup too. im not gonna be stupid and say no makeup is best, for all celebrities wear some, but a little is more with Alizee.

as for the hair, i liked the older style cuz.. well, she has a big forehead! and now its all covered up.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

right there with ya
Old 05-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Here are a couple of pictures of Alizée from 2003.

\

Here is a photo, taken in 2007

In the first two photos, she looked like she just washed her hair, dried it and walked out on stage. No need for a hair dresser, and look how little make up she uses. She has so much natural beauty.

In the last photo, her hair looks beautiful. It's somewhat hidden by the hat but this look, with the hat is very beautiful. Wouldn't have minded seeing this look on stage. But she still has a tremendous amount of natural beauty with little need for makeup.

In the first two photos, she has the looks of a princess, now she has the looks of a queen.

It was a shame to see all the make up around her eyes in her latest appearence down in Mexico. She certainly doesn't need it, but I think one of the things that has hurt her appearence most since her comeback is the outfits that she wears on stage. They seem to do nothing to compliment her beauty. They in fact seem to take away from it.

I had wondered if the way she's been wearing her hair on stage is more because of the way she wants to wear it during her personnal life or more for what she wants for as a stage image. I have to think the latter because you seldom saw the hairstyle of the first concert off stage. If that's the case, she must be looking for an image, different from the early years, but something the fans will like. Just like Psych was a test, an experiment, so too was this last appearence. Was she happy with the fans reviews or will we see something different at her next concert. Only time will tell.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-30-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

im with the whole experimenting idea.
i think that Alizee is really wanting to move away from the image created by Mylene Farmer for her and such, in order to create her own totally new appearance.

i mean honestly, she could be two totally different people if you look at her from the begining with Gourmandises, and her from the concert in Mexico.

very very different.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

The latest black style looks Egyptianesk; sort of a Cleopatra motif.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
The latest black style looks Egyptianesk; sort of a Cleopatra motif.
thats exactly what i was thinking. i dont dislike it but i think maybe alizee could do alot better. i absolutely loved the curly hair..
Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
i showed this picture to my hair stylist and he said it is simply 'mom hair'. easy to keep clean and easy to brush. makes sense to me.