Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

I continue to hear good things about Up. I may have to see that very soon. I loved WALL-E and other Pixar movies, so they hardly dissappoint.

I haven't seen these recently, but here are some movies that I highly recommend:

In Bruges
The Hunting Party
Black Snake Moan
Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

I want to see Up as well. Heard fantastic things about it.

Lately, I've watched:

1991: The Year Punk Broke

A documentary about Sonic Youth touring with pre-Nevermind Nirvana. A lot of great performances from the best alt rock bands of the day as well as some behind the scenes looks. Recommend it for fans of Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, Gumball, Babes in Toyland.

The Go-Getter

An indie film with Zooey Deschanel about a 19 year old who steals a car to find his brother and tell him their mom died. A very good road trip movie that reminded me loosely of things that have happened/are happening in my life. I'd advise you to check it out if you can find it.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Just got back from watching Hangover oh man thats one hillarious movie. Funny as hell.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

quite a good movie quite funny too

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3AqG25J_Vo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3AqG25J_Vo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Antichrist

Wow.
Wooooooooooooooooow.
Not for the faint of heart.
Amazing photo thou.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

antichrist? that sounds like an intresting movie.. what's it about? i mean, other than you know, about the antichrist.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Time to vent again, sorry but I just seen the midnight showing of Transformers 2 and it was absolute garbage. It had fantastic CGI and a few cool fight scenes but other that that it was awful. It was a big 2 hour joke made for those who are easily amused. They had these two "gangster" (one even had a gold tooth) robots that were dumb as hell (pardon my French) and really annoying, they just ruined the film, and were extremely degrading to intelligent african american people. Regardless these robots played into this stereotype which is beyond ridiculous and to me extremely insulting. Also those 2 "gangster" robots were used throughout the entire film, they had more screen time than Bumblebee (he was like an after thought in this movie) and freaking Optimus Prime, are cool fighting robots not good enough anymore? I mean when you make a movie about robots you have to make it believable and these 2 stupid robots destroyed any credibility of robots seeming real. The movie made a joke every 5 minutes, when anything was getting serious they had to make a joke, I'm sorry if I don't believe the world is in danger or about to be destroyed when you got these 2 robots making stupid jokes every 5 minutes. Oh and this one robot was an ancient robot from way back so he had to act old and walk with a cane because robots age, you know? Also did you know Megan Fox was an actress because every scene of her was either a photoshoot or a scene from Baywatch. Don't get me wrong I love women and she is hot but come on she is an actress don't whore out every shot of her with T&A, have a little dignity. The plot didn't make sense either if you add it up, why did they need Optimus Prime to do what any of those robots or humans could have done. They were just making up robots and crap that never had anything to do with Transformers. Nothing was serious, it was all a joke, and the more and more I look at the film the more dumb things I find.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 06-24-2009 at 07:48 AM..
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

I went to see Antichrist today too.

I was a little disappointed. Or I don't know, not sure what I'd expected,
if you can expect anything at all from Mr. Von Trier.

Very strong film though, at one point I almost ran out of the theatre, which has happened with no other film.

Discussion?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Time to vent again, sorry but I just seen the midnight showing of Transformers 2 and it was absolute garbage.
Yeah, I just got back from seeing it. I got in for free (theatre connections FTW), went in with super-low expectations...and yet I still feel like I should have demanded my money back. Wow, does it stink. And I don't mean that in a "tarnished my childhood memories" sense, either--it's so completely removed from the characters I grew up with that I don't even really associate the two, honestly. It's just a bad movie all around.

Finally going to see The Hangover this weekend. Hopefully that'll wash the bad taste outta my brain.