Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As Brian01 had mentioned earlier, we dont want to bid on the toy. We just want to make a donation. This way they'll be able to raise more money by still having the toy to auction off to someone else.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I'd like to do the same way we did it for the signed CD's, through the boards donation page. That way any thing extra collected over the original 1,000€ can help Ben out a little with the cost of running the board.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 AM

I didn't want to contact Ben mainly because I didn't want him to think I was hitting him up for a donation. After all he's done for this forum, paying far more than his fair share for so long, he shouldn't be donating.

But another member pm'd me saying I should contact him to get his approval, especially where we'd be using the forum's name. There may be some restrictions on how exactly we do this, because we are supposed to be just a forum.

So I will post whenever I get an answer from him.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone please explain this to me? Who is Jean-Baptiste? I assume it's some sort of charity? How would we send the money? I see there's an eBay auction, but it ends in 3 days and there are posts about NOT bidding on it. So what exactly is going on?

I realize this might have been explained elsewhere, but I think it's important to be as clear as possible when asking for money. If this is some sort of charitable donation in Alizee and AAm's name, then you can count me in for support and a donation.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'd love to donate money, but I'm a minor and have no income of my own.

Also I'm not quite clear on what exactly this is either.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Well unfortunately most of the sites that I've tried to find info about are in French and you always lose something with tranlsators like bing or google but from what I've read so far, Jean-Baptiste is a young boy, I believe from Ajaccio who has a disease. From what I've read, they don't have a name for this disease yet. He's gone on numerous trips to the hospital and now Alizee has become involved in raising money for this cause. She put up a toy to auction off on her Facebook page. But I gather things got out of hand and e bay page was created to auction of this toy.

Me and Brian01 came up with the idea, to not bid on the toy, but to make a donation through Alizee. That way the toy will still be free to raise money by it's sale.

Our target was 1,000 euros which I believe we are now up to 700.

One of the reasons we want to do this is a way of thanking her for what she did for us at the autograph session last year. Something I'd like to see expressed in a message we send to her concerning this donation.

The big problem being how do we get the donation to her? We'll also need someone to translate any message we come up with. We have about 3 more days before this auction is up.

Here is some info on Jean-Baptiste. It speaks of a drawing which has nothing to do with the auction of this toy by Alizee.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...se-mobilise%2F

Ajaccio: "A smile for Jean-Baptiste" takes action
A · 06-2011 · solidarity

« Friendship, it is used to it "says Marie - Line Leca when it evokes in his company tested through several weeks already, a family honourably known to Ajaccio. Marie-Line Leca, is the President of the association "A smile for Jean-Baptiste" scope on the baptismal font with three other close friends of the family, in the wake of the disease which has decided to hit one of his own. "Today we have over 80 volunteers members" evidence, therefore, that the message is well spent.
« But initially the family did not want to call with others, not through pride but rather because our approach could have been, it equated to begging the people whom it is absolutely not .»
Today, despite the initial reluctance of Toinou Renucci and his wife, "A smile for Jean-Baptiste" works to better the daily of Jean-Baptiste, their 5-year boy affected by a serious illness.
In any case, a vast outpouring of solidarity formed Jean-Baptiste and his family, their friends have seen " too clueless about the disease that affects their small man".» .
Ajaccio, Marie-Line Leca and his friends has received the support of Pierre-Louis Demedardi, Director of the Park of activities of the Gravona without which the loto - August 6 from 18: 30 with €6,000 prize-, perhaps, could never take place.
Support, also, on the part of Pierre Farel who offered a nanoimprint association. Of Sas Pietri-Peugeot who developed the provision of the association a car to cost price. Natacha Albertini who wants to put his talent of photographer at the service of the association, meals and raffles, collecting necessary funds to allow parents of Jean-Baptiste support in the (heavy) care that is provided and to bear the costs of countless trips that he must do this.

Alyzée sponsor
And the great solidarity chain continues to expand.
Association "A smile for Jean-Baptiste" is now on Facebook and more than 2,500 friends, to his cause, adhered to at the outset, its noble objective: "give hand" Toinou Renucci and his small family without intention that that support a neighbour or a friend through a difficult test, as we know so well to do in Corsica.
And Alyzée, it is unnecessary to present, agreed to be the sponsor of the association presides with a beautiful Marie-Line Leca dynamism.
Today Jean-Baptiste, his twin brother, his sister, his dad and his MOM know that they are more alone.
Between Ajaccio, Corsica, and La Timone they are hundreds, compatriots to enhance them, encourage them and support them with the discretion that is known to display here.
"Forti saremu, if uniti simu" is written in golden letters in the history of Corsica. Here is another struggle to lead, but it requires the same ingredients of union, support and courage.
"A smile for Jean-Baptiste" no shortage.
Yes, all together we will win the fight against the disease!
Charles MONTI
A Peugeot 107 3 doors 4 Ch with a value of €9700 Tttc to win
"A smile for Jean-Baptiste" association organizes a raffle between 1 July and 31 August. The benefit of the raffle will go of course to the association. Tickets (€10) are already on sale
The draw will take place at the "Hussar caterer" followed by a buffet and an evening year 80
Points of sale are visible on the Facebook of the association "A smile for Jean-Baptiste" account.
The draw will take place on September 2.
Reservations at the 06 10 71 16 70 for the buffet.

A link to a site with several pictures of Alizee with this young boy.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-02-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
but to make a donation through Alizee.
It might be a little imposition to make a donation through her, but if we can contact the organization directly and make a donation in her name, it sounds like a good cause. I'd really check with them first, though. Maybe a native speaker can help? If it doesn't work out, I've always felt a donation like this to Les Restos du Coeur would be a good way to say thanks.

Last edited by Ben; 08-02-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I'd love to donate money, but I'm a minor and have no income of my own.

Also I'm not quite clear on what exactly this is either.
We realize there are several members in the same boat as you and can not donate, but we still want and appreciate your input.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
It might be a little imposition to make a donation through her, but if we can contact the organization directly and make a donation in her name, it sounds like a good cause. Maybe a native speaker can help? If it doesn't work out, I've always felt a donation like this to Les Restos du Coeur would be a good way to say thanks.
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but to just make a donation out of the blue to some cause of hers I think would seem a little strange. The time to have done something to thank her for the autograph session should have been right afterwards, but we squandered that opportunity.

I felt we had to wait for some occassion to come up for us to put together an effort like this. She made this posting just recently and I feel it would be the perfect opportunity to do it now, to this cause.

If we did make a donation to the organization in Alizee's name, would Alizee know about it?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-02-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If we did make a donation to the organization in Alizee's name, would Alizee know about it?
We could ask them to tell her. There's no guarantee, but that's part of doing a good deed. Going directly to Alizee ourselves might come across a bit like demanding attention.

I agree that it would be good to do this now, but there's no time limit on charity. We should check with the organization, and only donate where wanted. I'm sure Alizee will appreciate any effort in her name.

Last edited by Ben; 08-02-2011 at 02:20 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 02:04 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Well the plan was not to get the money to Alizée herself, but to contact the group, and ask for donation information.

We would mention to the group who we were, what website we were from of course. If they wanted to tell Lili about it, then cool!

But thats what I was saying before, we need a native speaker to check out the groups facebook page, since they may have donation information right on their page, making this a whole lot easier on all of us

And thank you all who are willing to donate! I agree, that Scruffy should be the "treasurer" for this plan. If he is ok with it ofc.

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-02-2011 at 02:08 PM..
Closed Thread