Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

The really funny thing about all this, is that I've seen all three in concert this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
1. Santana
2. Alizée
3. Alizée
4. Alizée

5. Coldplay
6. Yelle
7. Joe Satriani
8. Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
They didn't even mention Alizée..
She's not suing anyone. And of course Alizée herself does not care (I think). She either has no desire (nor perhaps permission) to even use the music anymore in her concerts, etc. If there was an obvious rip off, Boutonnat might sue someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Right, they don't mention Alizee, but anyways, she is affected. I really get mad at coldplay's song (viva la vida) whenever I hear it on the radio, 'coz it could be JEAM instead of it . (I don't mean I hate coldplay or I have something against them.)
I don't really know if they were aware of JEAM, or Satriani's song, but the fact that Lilly's song was first, and Viva la vida is having or was having some succes, stills being unfair for me . I wish more people, at least, knew Viva La Vida is so similar to JEAM ( well, Viva la Vida is similar to JEAM, not the opposite, but they don't know).. that way they could discover Alizee. It would be like promoting her, just like Ruro said.
Yeah, I like that Coldplay song, but I much rather would have liked it to actually be a JEAM remix. Anyway, some Coldplay fans know about Alizée now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Hah, that's great! I swear this whole thing is hilarious, though. Lets add more songs to the list, it's a conspiracy I tell ya!
Yeah, we need a computer program to analyze songs and just run any and all new songs we can get through it to find ones similar to Alizée songs, then let the accusations fly!

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 12-11-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
She either has no desire (nor perhaps permission) to even use the music anymore in her concerts, etc.
What are you saying, she can't sing JEAM in her concerts?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:16 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did you watch the concert clips or the "Acoustic" tv show? She sang JEAM, but with totally different music and a different style. She has not used any of the original music, elements of it yes, for any of her earlier songs that she has sung in the last year. Maybe she just wanted to mix it up and do something different to try to make it feel more like her current album, but for all I know she might not even have permission to use it. Just thinking of possibilities.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Angry Oh fer crying out loud!!

its a damn song! dnt end the world because of it!! its entertainment! i mean how petty can u get if ur making a war over something insignificant as that??

i just think viva la vida is a great song and there's sum jealous people out there. i listened 2 dat comparison of coldplay and alizee and coldplays beat is faster than hers and there's no similarities @ all. if there is i dnt see it.

i never thought i would live in a time where people argue over something that comes out of their throats and imagination.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
its a damn song! dnt end the world because of it!! its entertainment! i mean how petty can u get if ur making a war over something insignificant as that??

i just think viva la vida is a great song and there's sum jealous people out there. i listened 2 dat comparison of coldplay and alizee and coldplays beat is faster than hers and there's no similarities @ all. if there is i dnt see it.

i never thought i would live in a time where people argue over something that comes out of their throats and imagination.
So you're saying Viva la Vida is better than JEAM?

Last edited by Tchaikovsky; 12-12-2008 at 07:49 AM..
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyway, some Coldplay fans know about Alizée now.
Exactly...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:59 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Default well.....

yes and no. its catchy wit great background music.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Infact the new Coldplay song isn't half bad. When I was at work I was listening to it.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:55 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Did you watch the concert clips or the "Acoustic" tv show? She sang JEAM, but with totally different music and a different style. She has not used any of the original music, elements of it yes, for any of her earlier songs that she has sung in the last year. Maybe she just wanted to mix it up and do something different to try to make it feel more like her current album, but for all I know she might not even have permission to use it. Just thinking of possibilities.
Quote:
She either has no desire (nor perhaps permission) to even use the music anymore in her concerts, etc. If there was an obvious rip off, Boutonnat might sue someone.
I don't get that yet. On my earlier days , when I just knew about Alizee, one of the very first things I did was to read the wikipedia article. It used to say (because now It doesn't) that she decided, by herself, to leave the rights of her first 2 albums to Laurent and Mylene, and now, she had to make new remixes or edit the songs. So that means, that I will never hear her singing the same songs she sang on other concerts before !?
Unfortunately, I was not there , but she did not sing the original versions of MCE's and Gourmandise's songs, right?

And if that is right (that she doesnt have the permission), why doesn't Mylene (or Laurent) say "Oh, no please, Lilly, go ahead, perform the original songs" !?. Or does Lilly really wants to make new versions of the songs? or she did that just because she thought it was the right decision to leave them the rights of the songs ?

Quote:
Anyway, some Coldplay fans know about Alizée now

Well, at least, we get something of this .