Old 06-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Best of luck, and have fun dude
See if you can get another fondue story now that you know the secret xD
Old 06-26-2010, 09:50 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

That is really cool that you are going to Paris bro! I hope you have fun and maybe you will be lucky enough to run into Alizée when there . Best of luck to ya and keep us updated on your adventure!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:49 AM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a picture that was taken from inside a restaurant in one of the buildings facing the Arc de Triomphe. I used the outline of trees taken from this picture to figure out which one of my pictures that I took matched up with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It was from the Club Etoile. Etoile meaning star so I guess the it's name means club of the stars (famous personalities). But the Arc de Triomphe, which it faces is also referred to as being a star with what I believe is 11 points (streets) eminating out from it. So I think the name of the restaurant has a double meaning in this case.
The square the Arc is on is called Place De L'étoile (Star Square), because of all the streets that come together on it, it looks somewhat like a star
Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB View Post
The square the Arc is on is called Place De L'étoile (Star Square), because of all the streets that come together on it, it looks somewhat like a star
12 streets coming together make a perfect view from the top of the Arc, one of many awesome sights in Paris...

Perfect explanation:

Old 06-27-2010, 02:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Just a few more notes about your trip to Paris. The Place de la Concorde is a large open square, with lots of traffic going through it. It was a place where many people were guiloteened during the French revolution, including Louis 16th and Marie Antoinette. I believe at one point over a 1,000 people a month were being beheaded here.

Between the Place de la Concorde and the Louvre museum is the garden of the Tuileries. A palace used to stand on these grounds from which Louis the xvi and Napoleon used to rule. After a disastorous loss by the French army during the Franco Prussian war, it was set on fire by a local political group and no attempt to put it out was made until 48 hours after the blaze had started. It was never rebuilt. Some of the remnants from this fire were used to build a chateau in a small town about 10 miles north of Ajaccio. I believe it now sits abandonned.