Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

I would first suggest you to scrape whatever's there in azureus vuze. They have a small collection but the best quality!
I used to download from stage6 but its down, so veoh.com is your next best bet.
Other than that you can try demonoid, Im not sure the new demonoid contains all of the old videos, but wouldn't hurt to try!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Be sure to label your back up HD power cord.* Hook up a similar cord with different power rating equals another bad day I know, I did that recently upon moving to a new location and smoke spewed out the back in less than a second.* Didn't have 20Gs, but I had one prized photo among all my pics that was a Cybersoil exclusive.* Miss seeing that one. Now, I don't have it anymore*

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:37 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbest View Post
Help me out guys!!
I have been very afraid of that and I also have had corruption recently, but I don't even know all of the affected files. This is one of the most horrible things. I can't stand it. I would go to the DC++ hub. There are people there with many things who share whole directories of stuff. I recently had to rebuild my computer, maybe because of a virus, I don't know, but backed up all my stuff first. I had DC++ on my computer, but have yet to reload it. Sadly there are probably less than 30 people on there anymore. Check for instructions and stuff at alizee-forum.com. It allows you to download directly from someone on the net - Direct Connect.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-21-2008, 04:17 AM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road

i'm sorry for your loss that happened to me once middle school ended and halfway through high school. i lost all my memories T_T
but yea now i have backups i dont know very good high def websites for videos
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I recently have been trying to get everything downloaded that had to do with Alizée up until the year 2004. I've gone to this web site http://vdb.alizee.cz/history.php that has a very good listing of everything she does from 1999 to 2004 including interviews, regardless of if there in french english or otherwise. I had to sign up with some of these file sharing sites like rapid share and send space and a few others which I feel is kind of risky but it was well worth it. I've scanned everything I've downloaded with macafee and had no problems. The only problems I've had is some of the videos are in a pal format. The only problem I've had with this is that sometimes I'll download a video of one of her performances and try and edit out the introductory part and the end part so I can make a dvd with as many songs as possible on it, but when it's in pal format, and you try to edit it, you sometimes lose the audio or the audio is out of sync with the picture. I've found away around this. I wont go into details because this message is already way to long but I sympathize with your situation and if you'd like, I'll send you the discs with everything I've downloaded in mpeg form. Just pm or e mail me.
By the way, when I edit one of her videos, I keep the origional file in addition to the new one I create.
Who knows, maybe I'll be asking someone else the for the same favor someday.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-21-2008 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM

Emmanuel is on a distinguished road

That's unfortunate man. I have an idea of how it feels. If I had lost my music/guitar related stuff on my com it would be hard to handle like what happened for your Alizée stuff.

But don't worry, you can get it back really quickly. Don't be too sad.

All the best,
Emmanuel
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The only problems I've had is some of the videos are in a pal format.
*Everything* (execpt for some Japan and Korea footage) was shot in PAL... (25fp/s - 720x576)
But a lot of stuf around is rescaled and/or badly converted.
So you'll find all kind of different resolutions, aspect ratio's and framerates...
Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Guest. Several files are badly converted and rescaled as you say but even the poor quality ones are worth seeing if you haven't seen them before. With many of her videos, i.e. the ones from AA, google video, I would play them on one computer, feed the video as a tv out signal to another computer through an s-video cable into another computer and save it as an mpeg file. I would transfer audio with an spdif cable so there is virtually no noticeable loss in sound quality and very little loss in picture quality. The downloaded files definitely vary in quality but for the most part are good and even the the poor quality ones are worth having because after all, they're of Alizée.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I would play them on one computer, feed the video as a tv out signal to another computer through an s-video cable into another computer and save it as an mpeg file.
That's bad... really bad.
You should never make a D/A - A/D conversion, if you can do that sooo much better by software conversion. (IF needed @ all)

But enough highjacking of this thread.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

sorry to repeat what JAG has said, but

really, why would you do that scruffy? that's just the wrong way to convert to mpeg files... you're lucky RMJ isn't around here anymore, he might just have a heart attack reading that!