Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I did a little more research on another college town. This time in Ithaca, N.Y.. It's home to Cornell U and Ithaca college. Municipal area has a population of about 100,000. Contacted a radio station, WXYL 97.3 lite rock. Listened to some of their music live on the net and I think it would be a perfect fit. Bad thing is most of the college population has probably gone home for summer. Never the less I think time is of the essence.

Hopefully one of these stations will contact me with some information as to if this is workable or not. If I don't hear anything, I guess I'll have to assume, that what I offered doesn't come near what they would want for something along these lines in which case, it will be the end of this idea and time to move on to something else.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post

What if we can have some billboards in LA as somebody suggested in a different thread. Even for one day it will attract a lot of people, probably, some news channels
I think the billboard idea has some possibility. I did some real quick research and it looks like a month of advertising on a bill board can cost about the same amount it does for a full page news paper ad for one day. How about if somebody else picks up the baton and does a little research on it. After all I'm doing research into the radio area, something I know nothing about but I'm trying to learn.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think she cares quite a bit. She said she wants to last, she wants to matter. A lot of people said she wanted to get away from the Moi lolita image yet we see her doing a recent performance of it. Why? Because she recognizes the new album isn't doing as well in France and she is trying her best to bring back the fans she had before. I think she would come here in a heart beat, if she wasn't worried about the sharks.
I think she does too.

Watch her greeting to AA. I think there is willingness on her part.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

on 11/18/2008 carla sarkozy came on david letterman to promote her new album that was being released in the united states. it bombed. i think the only way you are going to get alizee into the minds of the american public is to purchase a radio station or go on public access television. but the bottomline remains...if alizee wanted to be famous in the united states, she would have released her albums at the very begining.

there are thousands of members in this forum but only less than 10% are active. out of that 10%, less than that asked for an autographed cd from alizee. i think that lili was very gracious when she agreed to autograph the albums, but let us face the fact: she will never be popular in this country.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
....................., but let us face the fact: she will never be popular in this country.
You could be right. It's definitely been an uphill battle with hardly any signs of progress. But we..............or maybe I should say I haven't given up the battle yet.

One thing I wish we could see happen that wouldn't take that much doing is to rewrite her earlier English songs with lyrics that make sense. The music was beautiful, her voice was beautiful, the stories they told, as we all know were lacking. But I'm sure this too is another pipe dream.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Has anyone thought about public television? Celtic Woman has garnered a large US following by going on to PBS. Another artist who has gained a larger degree of recognition is Sarah Brightman. I could possibly do some research calling the public station in Central Florida.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM

I sent a letter to a local pbs station here of which I sent you a copy. I never heard back from them. But as I said in my letter to you, if we keep trying, we will eventually find some one who will become as big a fan of hers as we are and will want to do a story.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Alizée is not "trying her best to bring back the fans she had before". Not trying to be rude, I'm just saying, because she did a performance of ML when requested for a 90s music show is no evidence that she's trying to do that at all, much less "her best". I think that she has been trying to promote herself and that's why she was both asked to do the show and agreed to do it. Well, and she's always said that she song is special for her because it's how she started off. Just because she's changed and moved on does not mean she can't hold a fondness for something of her past.

Promote whatever you want, whatever you like about Alizée, but my advice is to be careful not to fall down a rabbit hole of obsession and whether or not that's what's happening, it kind of sounded like it. I know how it can happen. Alizée is here and now and has good music to promote. If she sees a future and if there is sufficient interest, I think she will respond. I would like to hear another album and I think it would probably be different yet again. That's ok because she Alizéeifies it and makes it work, even if it takes some getting used to.

Merci Fanny