Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

What about the concerts?

I've only been to metal concerts in my life, maybe because that kind of music appeals me the most. But im under the impression that metal concerts offer something special that other genres can't. Im talking about the "rage".

If you haven't been to a metal concert i would recommend it, it's suprising how it affect you, especially if you like and know the songs. This became very obivous to me at my first concert. The band was Mudvayne and the reason was mostly becaouse my friend wanted to see them.

This friend of mine is possibly the must calm, good-hearted and sweet person in the world, I don't think i could even imagine him of lieing.

So we were standing in the crowd waiting and all of sudden the lights go out, the world turn pitch black and then the silence. After a while there is a flickering light which reveals the band members standing static on the scene without moving a muscle, then all hell broke loose. The blast beat and the fast riffs cuts right through my chest and stunns me in my pose, and then i turn my head against my fellow companion. His eyes have turned into two holes of eternal hate, his former calm have been traded with vigor and malice, the demon inside of him have been released. I have never in my whole life seen such a transformation.

This rage feeling im trying to describe is essential in metal concerts and must be the main reason for my love towards this genre. But i have never been to a concert of any other genre, the main reason for that is probably that i haven't found any band or artist that i like enough.

So my question is:
How would you describe the feeling of a concert in your favourite genre, or maybe you've been lucky enough to have experience an Alizée concert?

Im all ears.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

When I attend a metal show, i don't feel anger or hatred. I feel empowered., one with my brothers in metal. I feel the music, I bang my head and it's a positive feeling. No negativity, it's all a good time.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
When I attend a metal show, i don't feel anger or hatred. I feel empowered., one with my brothers in metal. I feel the music, I bang my head and it's a positive feeling. No negativity, it's all a good time.
Same here. Though I do like to go crazy to the point of complete physical exhaustion by the end. It's a catharsis. If I don't leave light-headed and aching, it's not a good show. And honestly I behaved the same way at Alizée's concerts. Was certainly in the minority, but not alone. And staggered out feeling like hugging everyone who had partaken in and shared that experience with me.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

When I attend a metal show, I ascend the planes of reality and indeed, become one with the music, the fellow fans, and of course, everything else just doesn't seem to fade. What would seem like a short concert would seem as eternity, there's no greater feeling.

When I attend an Alizée concert, well it's pretty much the same thing, but I do more cheering and yelping then I do headbanging and thrashing about.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
When I attend an Alizée concert, well it's pretty much the same thing, but I do more cheering and yelping then I do headbanging and thrashing about.
When I attend an Alizée gig, i reach a kind of spiritual nirvana. I astral project myself onto the stage and rock out right along side her. The alarm then goes off and I really wanna go back to sleep
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 AM

bohicawill is on a distinguished road

Well. I just learned about this young lady a few weeks ago and have purchased Mes Courants Electriques. I just cannot stop playing that CD! She is a well blended mix of talent Charm and Awesome good looks! I have more items in the mail as I write this. And one last thing, I have visited France many times while serving in the US Navy and I always had a great time. I hope to get to know some of you and learn more about this Rare talent in the Future.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohicawill View Post
Well. I just learned about this young lady a few weeks ago and have purchased Mes Courants Electriques. I just cannot stop playing that CD! She is a well blended mix of talent Charm and Awesome good looks! I have more items in the mail as I write this. And one last thing, I have visited France many times while serving in the US Navy and I always had a great time. I hope to get to know some of you and learn more about this Rare talent in the Future.

Welcome aboard sir!
Glad to have another convert around these parts, always a pleasure to meet a new fan. Just a warning though, as you progress, you're going to be walking down the blissful grisly road that all of us here have taken. Glad to see you're hitting it off right away, and purchasing her merchandise of course! Ol' pat on the back to you sire!

Hope you enjoy all of us here, our deadly exposure to Alizée has made us all very intelligent, and well-likeable folk, so stick around and voice your opinion, because we always want a little bit of invoice from as many like-minded individuals as well!

Greetings and salutations,
-Barrett
Old 08-17-2008, 02:43 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohicawill View Post
Welcome to the madness! And a giddy pleasant madness it is.

You sure picked an interesting thread to introduce yourself.

Edit: Oh, and don't overdose...remember, you must still eat and sleep.

Last edited by OGRE; 08-17-2008 at 02:46 AM..
Old 08-17-2008, 09:01 AM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post

So my question is:
How would you describe the feeling of a concert in your favourite genre, or maybe you've been lucky enough to have experience an Alizée concert?

Im all ears.
I've only been to one Alizée concert and this is my subjective, difficult to express opinion - short version.

From the moment I heard "Welcome!" and she appeared everything else faded away. I have trouble "letting myself go", just experiencing the moment and enjoying; but she made "me" disappear, I was lost in the experience. There was a feeling of exhilaration and excitement, like my heart would burst. When it was over I felt happy, content, and thankful.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well i see my lack of vocabulary keeps on missleading. What you describe is exactly what i ment with the word rage, a feeling of "empowerment" indeed. And for my question, it would be better put if i had asked "what do you think is the main charateristics of a concert in your favourite genre (or band since the experience seem to vary alot even in the same genre).

I have never been to a Bruce Springsteen concert but my parents have. They talk about the way he communicate with the audience, how it's almost as if he let's them do the work. He always start with a preset song list but after 2-3 songs he throws it away and just go with the flow. You could say his way is to let the audience steer the concert.

And to take a random pop artist, let's say Madonna. Her concerts is mostly about entertainment with dance, acts and all that comes with it. You could say that the element of surprise is important here as the audience could never expect what tricks she pulls off.

Im just speculating here since i've never been to any of these concerts. Maybe you guys have better ideas on how concerts of various artists difere from each other.