Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ

[url
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfOvcNDlI3/[/url]
"Fin de journée✌🏻️, merci @danielwellington pour les cadeaux ! C'est Noël avant l'heure Au dodo pour être à l'heure aux repets demain matin
-------------
Coffret cadeau de Noël chez @danielwellington. Obtenez 15% de remise avec mon code ALIZEE"

Translation: "End of the day", thank you @danielwellington for the gifts! It's Christmas before time To dodo to be on time tomorrow morning
-------------
Christmas gift box at @danielwellington. Get 15% discount with my ALIZEE code "

Ok, I'm a little bit pissed. So Daniel Wellington got a "thank you" for his gift, but we didn't get a "thank you" for our wedding present. It's true Alizee's father extended a "thank you" to the gentleman who delivered our gift, and evidently Alizee thought that was good enough. I also understand this photo is a promotional advertisement to sell Daniel's watches, and Alizee's thank you is the service she provided to earn those watches, which weren't actually a gift but a payment for services rendered. Even so, I'm torqued.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I don't expect the tabloids will be posting articles about this post from Alizée . They thrive on free advertising (retweets/shares) but they won't give any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Translation: "End of the day", thank you @danielwellington for the gifts! It's Christmas before time To dodo to be on time tomorrow morning
-------------
Christmas gift box at @danielwellington. Get 15% discount with my ALIZEE code "

Ok, I'm a little bit pissed. So Daniel Wellington got a "thank you" for his gift, but we didn't get a "thank you" for our wedding present. It's true Alizee's father extended a "thank you" to the gentleman who delivered our gift, and evidently Alizee thought that was good enough. I also understand this photo is a promotional advertisement to sell Daniel's watches, and Alizee's thank you is the service she provided to earn those watches, which weren't actually a gift but a payment for services rendered. Even so, I'm torqued.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't expect the tabloids will be posting articles about this post from Alizée . They thrive on free advertising (retweets/shares) but they won't give any.
The ad doesn't have to be picked up by the tabloids. Thousands of people will see the ad because it's posted on Alizee's Face Book, and some of them will repost the photo on sites like Alizee America.

The cost of the gold bracelets plus the watches retails for £336 or $428. Wholesale they are probably one third of that or $140. That's a pretty inexpensive ad. We gave Alizee a gift worth nearly six times that, but we got no recognition at all in return for our generosity. Honestly, what does a thank you cost?

Despite my irritation, I will continue to be Alizee's fan because I recognize this incident to be a frivolous oversight on her part, and I can't simply stop taking an interest in her.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Fan Standing

I was thinking more about how anything Alizee posts is picked up by the tabloids and they make sensationalized articles about it except when her posts are advertising, not about how many people would see her posts.

And Alizee's fans are notoriously budget conscious and won't pay for her albums, much less hundreds of Euros for watches. I doubt a single sale results from her post.

Alizee seldom acknowledges things fans do. I think she does this because that's how Mylene Farmer taught her to be, but also because she knows that a lot of what fans do is to try to get attention. If she gives attention to some fans but not all, then they may become jealous or something and she'd feel bad about that. Hence her silent S.O.P.

Still, I tried a few times to get her attention, and back in my early days she reposted a photo I posted but she didn't mention me. And on an occasion or two she liked a post I had made. I must say it was a nice feeling to know she had seen something I posted. I'm not creative enough to compete with some of the things fans are putting together these days. Over time I've wondered about how much benefit she gets from fans trying to out-do one another on social media so I stopped posting things there, concluding that it didn't make much difference.

Alizee does things her way. Fans have even said that's one the things they like about her. #doingthingsherway

In my fandom, I'm just a spectator now.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=Ray4AJ;257389] Alizee seldom acknowledges things fans do. I think she does this because that's how Mylene Farmer taught her to be, but also because she knows that a lot of what fans do is to try to get attention. If she gives attention to some fans but not all, then they may become jealous or something and she'd feel bad about that. Hence her silent S.O.P.

Ray,
I'm sure you're right that Mylene Farmer warned Alizee against becoming too entangled with her fans. Despite my complaints, I know this is good advice. As you pointed out, Alizee can't service her thousands of fans individually nor can she afford to let them control her life. She also has to take care not to encourage preditors. There are also ethical problems. If she made a point of thanking fans who sent expensive gifts while remaining unresponsive to those who sent small favors, she would create a competion causing fans to give her ever more increasing gifts in return for practically nothing. It could be very lucrative for Alizee, but would it be ethical, and how would that reflect on her professional image?
Old 12-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

You both have valid points.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

You are correct about Alizée and expensive gifts. In the past, she has been known to refuse gifts from fans that she thought were too expensive (or at least too expensive for them to give).

With regards to the wedding gift, we were so late in giving her one that I did not expect an acknowledgement (actually we did get a verbal one, indirectly, through her Dad) - notes probably already went out. Also, remember, a gift is not really a gift if there is an expectation of something in return. We gave her a wedding gift because we wanted to offer a congratulations on their wedding. She knows we gave her the gift. Isn't that enough?
Old 12-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I agree with what Ray said that there have been many fans sending her gifts and it's just too much to reply to them all so in which case, it's best to respond to none and I'm think too that's something instilled in her by MF or maybe it's just something she quickly learned when her popularity exploded.
There was one occassion where she did thank us for something and that was when she painted a couple of toys that were going to be auctioned off to raise money for the young boy from Ajaccio (Jean Baptiste) who was sick and several months later, passed away from his illness.

Our forum offered not just to bid on the toy, but to match what ever the winning bid was, thus doubling the money collected. There was controversy that came up during this and I think everyone here knows about it, but if you don't just let me know and we'll revisit it. We wound up raising much more money than the auction collected and that money was sent directly to the family.

Alizee did thank the people who had the winning bid and she also thanked AlizeeAmerica.

At the autograph session that I went to in Ajaccio on her birthday, I gave her a card with a check in the card. I'll have to look for the exact wording of what I said, but I believe I said it was to be used towards Annily's education whether it be college or dancing school or what ever. This event and me going to it came up on short notice and this good size check came from me, but I said it was from the forum. I didn't ask for help in the forum becauseit was a spur of the moment thing and I felt I had gone to that well too often and because of the bad turn the (Jean Baptiste) fund raiser took. Some people here weren't too happy with what I did but she never cashed that check which shows you again the tremendous principals of this beautiful woman.

So the auction because of it's nature was one occasion where she did thank those who participated.

Jean Baptiste Alizee America.jpg
Old 12-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Fan Standing

(posted 2 Dec.)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNhwV7ODq6F/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée
Happy Birthday à ma première partenaire @candicepascal
LOVE U #friends #love #dals #trio #dals4

(Posted 4 Dec)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNmdVHsDnUL/
Quote:
Merci à tous pour vos mgs Fière de mes partenaires @gregoirelyonnet et @camillelouofficiel Objectif de la semaine atteint, supers notes en technique pour Camille !!! en route pour la demie finale , courage à vous Vous allez me manquer #forza #dals7 #proud #myhusbandthebest #dals4

https://twitter.com/mellealizee/stat...41870046314497
Quote:
Fière d'elle tellement contente pour toi ma betti LOVE U
(This post references this > https://twitter.com/PriscillaBetti/s...60497582657541 )

https://twitter.com/mellealizee/stat...69376765829120
Quote:
Pour revoir notre trio sur une rumba c'est par ici Enjoy #dals http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/danse-avec-les...-brigitte.html
(This posts leads to a TF1 replay page of the trio dance, and doesn't play in my region.)
Old 12-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
https://twitter.com/mellealizee/stat...69376765829120

(This posts leads to a TF1 replay page of the trio dance, and doesn't play in my region.)
Although I was blocked from getting the video at:

http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/danse-avec-les...-brigitte.html

I was able to pick it up on You Tube at the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAxgLEKWZE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qDX7G_2g8

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-05-2016 at 04:24 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
alizee, instagram, official, twitter