Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 02:42 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default A wedding card and maybe a gift to Alizée and Gregoire?

What are members thoughts on sending them a card and maybe a gift? I thought maybe we could have a card made up maybe with AAm letterhead plus something matrimonial in the design and either have members signatures photo shopped onto it or maybe just a card with different messages of congratulations. We could possibly contact non active members to participate or just maybe the active ones. We could send it to Chez Paulo and ask her to repost it.

Edit:

Some more thoughts on the card. I was thinking maybe using the same header and footer we used for the letter for the autograph session with the exception of taking out the flags because good percentage of our active members are from outside the USA and maybe just using the Corsican flag. Then maybe using one of Jo's photo's of the Blood Islands or just the coast somewhere with maybe profile images of the backs of the three of them?

As far as a gift, it's probably pretty tough to think of something they could really use or something they might want to display. One thing I thought of which may sound kind of corny or at least unusual for a wedding gift is a telescope because I think they'd "all " enjoy looking at the scenic coastline or the stars and of the many pictures I've seen them post from their place, it looks like they don't have one. Just a thought. Even if the forum doesn't like the idea, I may take the risk and do it on my own.

Another idea is maybe send them a donation to be made to the Marie-Do association?

I would contact non active members to participate with the card, but not the gift. If they volunteer, so be it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-23-2016 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-23-2016, 03:50 PM

deligna is on a distinguished road

A telescope sounds like a very nice gift, but it should probably be a good quality one if it is to be a wedding gift. If you intend the gift to be from alizeeamerica, im sure me and others wouldent mind contributing a little so we can get her an extra nice telescope, one that is worthy to be used as a decoration, maybe even personalized in some way?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 PM

That of course is just an initial thought by me after wracking my brain and coming up empty, except for that. I'm sure they'd enjoy it, but maybe there are other things out there all three would enjoy so feel free to make suggestions. If we go that route or another route I agree with, I'll chip in 250 to start, which might give others a guide line for what we can get in what ever gift we choose.

Here's some images when I was trying to come up with a good folder for the autograph session. I've been thinking it probably be best to leave a flag out completely?

Attachment 1346

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-28-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 06-23-2016, 11:55 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

A card and gift is a nice idea. Count me in as long as it is not food (I think they would have difficulty accepting food). However, if it was a night out at a certain Ajaccio restaurant ... then perhaps.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:32 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I'm willing to go $100. A telescope that had some power and would serve as an interesting curio in their home would be acceptable, but I'm thinking it would be pretty expensive. Too bad we don't know the location or design of their home. If they live downtown, they might not have a vista beyond the building across a narrow street. It would be good to purchase the gift from a store in France, or even London, so it wouldn't take forever to deliver or cost an arm and a leg for shipping.

I still like the idea of a buffalo, but bovines make terrible house pets. I've never known one to be successfully housebroken, and I know from experience, they have ferociously bad breath. You wouldn't want one in your living room. But it would be an interesting conversation piece, and if it becomes a problem you can eat it.

http://91appios.com/fish-tank-toilet-seat/ Let's keep it classy.

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...ingbird-mobile

https://www.amazon.com/Caucasian-Pee...tuckerheavy-20 With an eye to the future.

http://incrediblethings.com/products/giant-hammock/

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-24-2016 at 02:46 AM..
Old 06-24-2016, 11:39 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Shepherd her abode sits up on a hill overlooking the Mediterranean.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Shepherd her abode sits up on a hill overlooking the Mediterranean.

That's great! How do you know? Are there any photos of her house? I'd be surprised if there were, for security's sake.

Thanks for the information
Old 06-24-2016, 06:40 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Do to the importance of her privacy, Alizée's homes location is one of the most tightly guarded secrets on this board. Sorry.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:22 PM

As far as getting her a gift like that, thanks to my recent visit there, I'm on good terms with Chez Paulo who was at the wedding. I'm sure I could send it to her and ask her to notify Alizee or her dad who I believe still lives not far away to pick it up or I could pay her to throw it in a cab for delivery if she thought that was a safe way. I could ask her this before we purchase it so we'll know up front if we'll have a way of getting it there.

If we buy it through Amazon, I had to change my address to Chez Paulo's address when I sent them a bottle of whiskey and it's still that address so right now, it would be quite easy to get a package to CP.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog, good stuff scruff!

A telescope sounds like a really nice gift, I'm sure it could be used for star gazing aswell and I think it's something the whole family aswell as friends might get some enjoyment out of at one time or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Thanks for that, you just gave me an idea.

http://www.brainstormltd.co.uk/The_O..._up_to_50m.htm

I had one of these birds as a kid and had hours of fun with it! I was so gutted when the wings broke though because I through it too hard. So I'm going with a telescope.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur