Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-12-2011, 06:04 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road
Default Do You Ever Hear Alizee's Music in Public (in the U.S.) ?

I was out shopping today, and I heard Moi Lolita blasting out this guy's car. Normally, I hate people who blast music out of their cars because it's usually rap, but I had a smile from ear to ear. I would have said something to him, but he looked like the kind of guy who would beat you up for making eye contact. I tell you, this is a sign. We dumb Americans are late to the Alizee party, but I hope her music makes it over here in the U.S.

BTW, it is possible to request Alizee songs on the radio? Is there some rights issue that radio stations need before they can play a song? I'd love to make a coordinated effort to get Alizee some radio play in the U.S. - old and new songs.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

yes, only once. i was in a chatroom here talking to someone and on my tv came a movie trailer and it played moi lolita.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well one of our members has already advertised her on a radio station that reached over a million listeners in Boston. And that person is ScruffyDog777. But most radio stations people have asked to play her music say they need the officially licensed CD or permission from the record label. So its hard to do but ask your stations near you and they can help. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I haven't, but I seem to remember someone in Florida saying that they heard Alizée music, and I think also someone from Milwaukee heard an Alizée song coming from a bar as they walked by.

During the Psych era, I tried really hard to get a local station to play her. It is a public radio station and therefore locally programmed and non-commercial. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/rad...s/the_current/ They play a variety of music and take requests. They have even played a few French songs, one of which was a song by Yelle. To my disappointment, I could never get them to play Alizée. I even mailed them CDs in hopes of sparking some interest, but to no avail.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Merci Alizée

If "in US" was not mentioned in the question, then my answer would have been "many times in last 4 years". Sometimes, while walking through the university campus, her songs fall into my ears and suddenly something happens to me. Can't recall how many times that has happened. I remember two instances in last 1 year. Once I was going to the class in the morning and suddenly while crossing one of university hostel, I heard someone blasting JPVA in full volume. I just couldn't stop smiling at that time. My friends looked at me and after few seconds they realized what was the matter. Recent similar incident was few days ago, when I was heading towards my room and music from someone's guitar fell into my ear. "Crap, I listen to this song everyday, can't believe that someone is playing this music", that's what I said to my friend and the song was C'est trop tard. I didn't try to find who was playing it. An hour later, I went back searching who was that person. When I asked him which song were you playing on guitar, he replied that he chose a random song from his computer. I was like this
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM

warren_brown2013 is on a distinguished road

WOW!!!! well, i go shopping like JoeNY!!! One day i went to an Apple store and BestBuy store and i started playing Alizee Song, like on the computer and labtops!!! America poeple don't care, but some look and i remember one time Ten people were gathered around the comter in the apple store that i was playing Alizee music!!!!! some people just staired at Alizee!!! they don't know who she was!!!! Then some jerk played rab loud in the backgroung of the store!!! Some people sometimes think and look at the compter screen where I was playing Alizee!!!! I feel that I'm the Only Alizee fan in america where i live!!!! and some people like my freinds and family hate Alizee!!!!! I don't know why? But, i wish my friends and family could understand Alizee's background and her personlity! Becuase she change my llife in a positive way!!!!! And i don't care what people say About Alizee, or her music!! I play it in only store i go to. Some americans just look at me weird, because i was playing alizee music video (Fifty-sixty) in BESTBUY!!!!!

Last edited by warren_brown2013; 03-14-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_brown2013 View Post
...and some people like my freinds and family hate Alizee!!!!!
How could this be possible??
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 PM

warren_brown2013 is on a distinguished road

I wish i had really friends that love Alizee, because when i play Alizee songs in store, like Bestbuy or apple store people can enjoy it!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Ok. I'm not in U.S, but I'll give an answer anyway Few times, I don't remember exactly in what circumstances, but I definitely heard her songs in public. Most likely it was somewhere in shop.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

I had bestbuy order some- because of that cd thing they do where if they don't have it they'll order it for you- in hopes of someone else finding them there and buying a cd. The closest thing I've heard is that madonna song, the 'time goes by so slowly' and then I learned it wasn't her song. so...