Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
Sounds like it was a really fun trip. I would have loved to have gone on that one. I speak a reasonably good French (albeit with a Belgium dialect) and would have enjoyed talking with the owner of chez Paulo.
Maybe we could hook up some time for a trip. Someone else wanting to go gives me an excuse to go back. I couldn't have done that on this trip because after returning to work after injury, just a week before vacation, I didn't find out I could fly with company benefits until just 2 days before I left.

I'm still having trouble not just uploading to photobucket, but also signing in to them. I'd much rather post pictures now, until waiting until it's old news, but I guess I don't have much of a a choice at this point. As I said before, I will make all pictures available when I get home if anyone is interested.

The previous night I had overslept after a long day of walking around and went out for a late supper. I didn't find out until too late that several restaurants did open Sunday night including Chez Paulo, but I had stopped at another placefirst. I noticed the 3 people sitting next to me were talking in English, so I said hello. Turns out the guy ( I think they were in their 50s) was from Ajaccio, his girlfreind was from Australia and the other woman was from Scotland. Well we got into a conversation of what brought me here and of course the subject of Alizee came up. I told them the story of MF discovering her; her falling upon hard times; then finding success again through dancing. This was the night I brought my kindle down to the waterfront to watch some Alizee videos , so I showed them to these people. The man from Ajaccio hadn't heard of her, but it was a long pleasent conversation about Alizee.

The next day, was kind of an interesting last day in Ajaccio. I was able to rent a car. I drove up to a place we had talked about in the the forum. There was a palace in Paris that after a disastorous loss in a war to Russia, the Paris commune burnt the place down. So someone brought many of the stones from the palace to Ajaccio to build a chateau. Now the history intrigued me as well as the fact that it looked like there was a great view of Ajaccio from there.

Now after leaving town and arriving to a point where you leave the main road to enter a road that zig zags up the mountain, I soon found myself on one of the worst rodes I've driven on. It must have been 5 miles of this. So I finally get to the top and I see the chateau is fenced in. Not a problem if you know what happened at the Triage Lavoire building.

So I found a place where I could climb the fence and started walking around the periphery of this place, but then I heard a bunch of bells. These bells were attached to a bunch of goats that were headed in my direction. Now as bad as an obstacle as the road was, once I saw the horns on these goats, I knew there's nothing worse than a pissed off goat, so I climbed back over the fence. Well it turns out there was an inner fence and an outer fence surrounding this place. There was a small opening on the inner fence that all the goats struggled to get under and one they got inside, all they did was lay down. This allowed me to rescale the fence and continue on my way, but I soon realized that one of the reasons I wanted to come up here, which was the great view, was now spoiled by numerous trees that grew here over the years.

It wasn't that much of a problem though. There were some spots on the way down that offered some spectacular views

So I went back into Ajaccio. I wanted to have lunch at Chez Paulo,but as luck would have it, there was a building in a near by block that caught fire,forcing them to close. So I went to that bakery type of shop that Alizee had posted the picture of. Well it turns out this woman didn't speak a word of English and sounded like she didn't want a thing to do with English. I still bought a couple of things there which were very good.

I then drove out towards the Blood Islands again. I tried to get to the spot where she's posted pictures before which is on the other side of the first hill, but that led me onto a dirt road again which came to a fork and on the fork which is I'm sure was the one to follow, it looks like they built up a little bit of a ramp, so you could only get past it with something like a jeep or of course on foot. There were also some people there walking up that trail and one of them kept giving me a snooty look so I think it I shouldn't have been there, at least in my car.

I didn't have the time to pursue this quest on foot, so I headed back to traffic that was still heavy in Ajaccio, because of the fire.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-10-2016 at 05:11 PM..